Slower than anticipated invite rollout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaf01
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2015

Jaf01 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Fair enough...just out of curiosity are from China?

2. sebdar
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2015

sebdar , Aug 19, 2015 :
    me too, I will def wait for MI5.
    I rather spend money with a company that it's there and don't ignore their customers.

zs77706 likes this.
  3. Alexander Suresh
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

4. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 19, 2015

dsmonteiro , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Invites exist for several other reason besides marketing.

Here's a thread about it: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-invite-system-updated-may-9.1150/

(a bit outdated since it was for the OnePlus One, but still relevant)

5. Ruttunen
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2015

Ruttunen , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Hi dsmonteiro,

Can you give any comment on why early supporters are seemingly not getting invites. All the few invites that are rolling out seem to go to people on the reservation list.

This is contradiction to what was said earlier that early supporters and adopters would be prioritized?

Thank you.

zs77706 and dsmonteiro like this.
  6. adilhalai
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

adilhalai , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Congrats..
    You are truly one in 4 million..;)

arjunrajan and Flemmodk like this.
  7. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 19, 2015

dsmonteiro , Aug 19, 2015 :
    To be honest, I have no idea. Moderators are mostly users like all of you but with special powers. ;)

I'll try to find out but won't promise anything.

8. adilhalai
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

adilhalai , Aug 19, 2015 :
    So a guy with rank 1256 got invite today.. What hope do i hav @ 87k rank and rising
    ;)

9. Papao
    KitKat Aug 19, 2015

Papao , Aug 19, 2015 :
    They save the money for you, so you can buy op2 cheap. Got it! They make the same profit as the others. So you must thank op for doing this, otherwise you must pay the overhead. The only thing concerned is that they are (mostly cupcakes up to level 3 or so) suffering from hype disease. No cure!

10. geraudk2000
    Donut Aug 19, 2015

geraudk2000 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    I totally agree with you !!

Rajesh Baniya likes this.
  11. swest6602
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

swest6602 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Waiting patiently. As much as I want an invite, I prefer a phone without a broken charging connector. So, we wait....

adilhalai likes this.
  12. TarunkaOs
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

TarunkaOs , Aug 19, 2015 :
    People Are dumping oneplus 2 GG Nexus 5 2015 coming moto x style as a option !
    GG oneplus u have dis respected us ! And made us angry !
    No fix date !
    Ours parents mood changes every time So hope fully if they dnt give us the money as they promised !
    U are the culprit !
    rather then hiding issues tell us what are issues so that we can sit back !
    We even dnt know what is the real reason behind it ! -_-
    [​IMG]

mykel_shoemaker likes this.
  13. james.osborne1
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

james.osborne1 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Although I suspect this may be an unpopular sentiment right now, I wonder if the delayed invite rollout might actually be a blessing in disguise for us consumers (although less good for OP).

The choice of August 11th seems to have been a canny choice for a launch as it was just ahead of the new Nexus and whatever it is that Nextbit will be launching on September 1st. However, as it looks like almost everyone will be waiting a few more weeks for an OP2 invite (including most of the early supporters and pop-up attendees), we're going to have to wait until the competition is offering.

I queued for two hours at the London pop-up, and got my hands on the OP2 for a brief few minutes, which was just about enough time to prove to me that its a nice phone at a very good price. Unfortunately for OP, this particular section of the market is about to get very crowded and those of us who don't have an established attachment to OP (and just want a good phone at a good price) are going to have a fair bit of choice very soon.

Being new to android phones, spending a bit of time on this forum has helped me get a some idea of the market and upcoming developments. Again, this is great for me as a consumer although perhaps not so good for OP!

14. scestniq
    Donut Aug 19, 2015

scestniq , Aug 19, 2015 :
    thank you for info, communication with end user is highly appreciated ;-) anyway if you like to have test user in EU you are welcome to share the invite ;-)

15. bungau
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

bungau , Aug 19, 2015 :
    can I please have an invite on bungau@gmail.com ? pretty please, I will give it back after I buy one for myself!

16. Dw9
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

17. Joris83
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2015

Joris83 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Agree about doing the correct thing. No doubt. But please tell us more about the massive rollout. When can we expect it? How massive will it be (numbers)? How many on the reservationlist will be served?
    Thanks

18. ANOOPMOHAN
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

ANOOPMOHAN , Aug 19, 2015 :
    I am eagerly waiting for the invite...

19. ANOOPMOHAN
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

20. vjain419
    Froyo Aug 19, 2015

vjain419 , Aug 19, 2015 :
    Few months :p