Slower than anticipated invite rollout

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Chinda , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Cheers for the honest update as some early forum members were wondering why no invite & it was out of stock for few regions.

Sonar5 likes this.
  2. dezufnoC
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

dezufnoC , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Information, even though it's not what I wanted to hear, is well received.....thanks for the update!

3. aishwarrya.vijay
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2015

aishwarrya.vijay , Aug 13, 2015 :

4. matxxtia
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

matxxtia , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Thanks for the update, so we have to wait some weeks? A bit sad but when I'll hold my oneplus 2 I'll forget the past! Around 300 on the reservation list so I hope to receive my invite soon!

5. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Wrighty , Aug 13, 2015 :
    That's a new one. Just what is a tiny bit?

Is it like OnePlus users losing that tiny bit of faith they had?

Or is it like OnePlus losing that tiny bit of credibility they had?

6. alapdaskater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 13, 2015

7. atiq.qasim.12
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2015

8. LBindustries
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2015

LBindustries , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Thats a shame i would have bought the oneplus 2 but now i know its quite impossible to get i will probably buy another phone

9. robthorley

robthorley , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Ship the product and offer replacement cables to the early buyers.
    Three and a half million people on the reservation list suggests that word of mouth is working. But if there is no product available, they won't wait forever...

10. oio
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

oio , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Thanks for making the invites more valuable to people on ebay.

jbfly, byrdman10, Elduende and 5 others like this.
  11. magnamentis

magnamentis , Aug 13, 2015 :
    something doesn't fit IMO, i mean there must be hundreds of devices in the wild before launch and it's always hard to believe that none of those testers find those issues at an early stage. then the devices are obviously in stock across the world, hence no-one can make me believe that you gonna upack all of them to replace rom or cable? hence we shall get exactly the units on stock in each country by now, again hence we can as well get it now. possible explanation would be that this is not the real reason but some huge FU has been going on. and then how comes that yesterday morning as well as this morning rollout of invites was confirmed? not sayin' basically asking where is the real problem and/or how should one understand those contradictions?

12. Jiggy2
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Jiggy2 , Aug 13, 2015 :
    I wonder if people will still be as forgiving in 3 weeks when they say, oops sorry we need another 2-3 weeks ahahahahaha and that's on top of delivery time as well, which those of us who got an OPO know can be another 2-3 weeks
    Never mind it'll be a nice Xmas present for you to open

13. Kapitan Nemo
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2015

14. josephvb
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2015

15. Oyathnkso
    Jelly Bean Aug 13, 2015

Oyathnkso , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Thanks Carl for putting it out there and easing some of the tension in the forums.

meatandy likes this.
  16. hipsterdog

17. sughosh33
    Eclair Aug 13, 2015

byrdman10, Mauke7, Marc3993 and 6 others like this.
  18. alapdaskater

Elduende and SzoleTM like this.
  19. reerdo
    Eclair Aug 13, 2015

reerdo , Aug 13, 2015 :
    This to me is the main point. Just please keep us up to date with happenings. I still think a locked thread with daily updates would be a good idea.

wmm, iamtheoneplus and rlc123 like this.
  20. Kevin-L
    Froyo Aug 13, 2015

Kevin-L , Aug 13, 2015 :
    Thanks for the post Carl, but like others, I do think it is a little vague to just say "we’re going to slow the rollout of invites in other regions as well in the coming few weeks".

Any chance of letting us know roughly how many invites are planned to be sent out each day?

Any updates much appreciated. Thanks!

SzoleTM likes this.