Small Claims Lawsuit in California

1. BtownDerek
    Cupcake May 18, 2022

BtownDerek , May 18, 2022 :
    Anyone know what name OnePlus USA Corp is licensed under in California? OnePlus LLC? I bought a OnePlus 8T (T-Mobile) less than two months ago. The phone would constantly lose service. After checking with my cell service provider and testing other phones, it was definitely a OnePlus 8T problem. There were numerous threads with the exact same issue. The phone stopped working and wouldn't even turn on. I sent it in for warranty repair and they want over $400 USD to repair it. The same phone is listed for $349 on the OnePlus website. I'm at the point of filing a small Claims Lawsuit. However there is no OnePlus USA Corp licensed in California. Any help would be appreciated.

2. BrandonC , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , May 18, 2022 :
    Good luck man. While I have no idea what name may help you, I would like to say that I sure do hope someone starts a class action. These updates are shit. Neither you nor anyone else to be losing phone functionality because they're half assedness.

3. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N May 18, 2022

Tokolozi , May 18, 2022 :
    Tbh since it's the T-Mobile version, you would need to go via them. As they are the seller of that specific version, with software adjusted by them.

Artemus, Caomhin and Bobbie63 like this.
  4. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert May 19, 2022

Caomhin , May 19, 2022 :
    Thing is though, T-Mobile are the ones issuing the updates to T-Mobile carrier bought phones, they add their own features before issuing the update. So any issues would have to be referred to T-Mobile.

Tokolozi likes this.
  5. BrandonC , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , May 19, 2022 :
    Fair enough about the T-Mobile thing. Well there it is. Finally something Canada can beat your providers at. I may not be reasonably priced phone plans, but the independence from a carrier is nice. As far as I know in Canada there is no set provider. It's all in Oneplus's control.