Answered Smaller OnePlus phone

1. Sylhos
    Donut Apr 6, 2019

Sylhos , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Hello everyone.
    Would like to know the general perception about this subject.
    I switched from iphone two years ago and after using my 5t exclusively, the only thing in my wishlist would be for it to be a bit smaller. maybe in the 5.x inches. Easier to handle with one hand and pocket. what you guys think?

Ardeleanu, Dusbar and toruvinn like this.
  2. toruvinn
    Froyo May 17, 2019

toruvinn , May 17, 2019 :
    All of my yes.

But the trend seems to be reverse. Not long ago huge devices like those OP6 and higher were regarded almost as tablets. Hence why after OP5 I got a 4.8" phone and am not looking back. Of course, still use my OP5, like now, since it's a good phone, but certainly too big for one thumb operation.

A ONEPLUS compact when?

Ardeleanu likes this.
  3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 17, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 17, 2019 :
    Hello,

thank you for writing your feedback. As you can see, the trend on the market is for bigger screens with less bezels, and with the OnePlus 7 Series you have a device with a screen with 6.41 inch and other with a 6.67 inch screen.

A lot of users miss and want smaller phones, but the majority is happy with bigger screens, OnePlus is not the only company making bigger phones.

The Starting Point section, however, is for people who are having problems with their devices or have questions about the forums.

You can let OnePlus know directly about what you think writing a detailed message here. Please select the option "Submit a Suggestion".

I know this will not solve your wishes, but we are members like you.

Do you have other questions regarding this?

Thank you. :)

Sun90 and Sylhos like this.
  4. Alex.Kozack
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

Alex.Kozack , Sep 20, 2019 :

That sounds really bad.

I do not like the idea of "Powerful smartphone = big screen". Why are all manufacturers making the higher-end version of the smartphone always bigger? It makes me cry.

I currently use 6t. This is a great device, except for the size. I would have already bought 1+7 pro, but it is too big for me.

I know a lot of people who use iPhone SE and are waiting for the iPhone SE2 not because of its budget, but because of its size.

I am deeply convinced that if OnePlus ever release a smartphone that will be close in size to a iPhone SE, and at the same time will not be "less productive" than its enlarged version - such a device will become a hit!

And I'm not one to think so. Within a minute of being on this forum, I found dozens of posts from your fans asking for a reduced version of smartphones:

... and more

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019

Sylhos and toruvinn like this.
  5. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Sep 20, 2019

Gav_W86 , Sep 20, 2019 :
    "I found dozens of posts from your vans" - you are posting as if you think you are talking to OnePlus directly, this is a user forum, the people on here are users like you. As @Cheetosdust said "You can let OnePlus know directly about what you think writing a detailed message here. Please select the option "Submit a Suggestion"."

6. Sylhos
    Donut Sep 20, 2019

Sylhos , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I agree completely. I bought my wife a 6t after using an iphone 6 for a good while. She really likes the phone, but for the size of her hands, it is strenuous to use it after a while. The weight and size is a little too much. considering the new bezelless designs, a smaller size could be visually enough. I image that at 90hz, a smaller screen can be less expensive also than the pro and with a better battery life. I am holding on to my 5t until there is such alternative.

toruvinn likes this.
  7. Alex.Kozack
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019

Alex.Kozack , Sep 20, 2019 :
    I only supported the discussion thread. But I will take your advice and duplicate my entry in the suggestions section.