Smart Everywear - Introducing the OnePlus Watch

1. Raymond Z.
    Product Manager Staff Member Mar 23, 2021

Raymond Z. , Mar 23, 2021 :
    Watch 1.png

Hi everyone,

I’m the OnePlus Watch’s Product Manager, and today, I’m thrilled to share more about our first global wearable device – the OnePlus Watch. The OnePlus Watch aims to integrate into your daily digital life, offering stylish design, seamless connection, smart fitness tracking, and long battery life.

We know this product was on everyone’s wish list for years, with threads requesting us to make a smartwatch popping up rather regularly. This led to many internal rounds of discussion and product planning about how to balance and choose the right feature set. The result is the OnePlus Watch – a product that achieves the right balance of User Experience and features, seamless connectivity, and striking design.

[​IMG]

Design
    A watch should be on your wrist at all times, matching your style, your outfits, and every occasion. With this in mind, we structured our watch design philosophy. We hope that even after using it for a period of time, you will still be attracted by these exquisite details of the watch, whether it is while going for a run or in a formal event.

The OnePlus Watch showcases the same sense of craftsmanship and build quality as OnePlus smartphones, resulting in a product that is powerful to use and beautiful to hold. The round design emulates the look of a traditional watch, with a smooth arc on the side of the case that is hand-polished with more than 20 treatments for a refined finish. The 46 mm case is crafted from quality stainless steel, with 2.5D curved glass on the face and a subtle yet radiant glossy CD pattern on the display bezel for an added touch of class.

As for the display, the OnePlus Watch comes with a smooth-scrolling 1.39-inch AMOLED display and 326 ppi for an amazingly sharp, crisp resolution. We designed over 50 watch faces to fit your personal style and so you can easily find one that’s right for you. You can also personalize the OnePlus Watch further by taking a photo with your phone to generate a watch face that matches the shades of color in the image.

While we’re sure you’ll love the included strap, we have made sure it is easy to swap out our strap so you can use any standard-sized third-party strap you like. You define your looks.

You can choose from two classic colors to match your personal style – Moonlight Silver and Midnight Black.

OnePlus Watch Cobalt Limited Edition
    Complementing the minimalist aesthetic of the Classic Edition, the OnePlus Watch Cobalt Limited Edition takes premium design a step further with materials traditionally found on luxury watches. The watch case of the Limited Edition is crafted from cobalt alloy, a premium hypoallergenic material. It is also twice as hard and more corrosion-resistant than traditional stainless steel. Meanwhile, the watch face is made from specially-treated sapphire glass, with a Mohs rating of 9, for enhanced brightness and exceptional scratch resistance.

[​IMG]

Seamless Connectivity
    The OnePlus Watch seamlessly connects to your digital life, helping you immerse yourself in every moment of your life. It conveniently allows you to view and respond to notifications, make and answer phone calls, play music, and take photos.

The OnePlus Watch comes with 4 GB of standalone storage (2 GB for actual use), enough for over 500 songs, and is compatible with most Bluetooth earbuds for wireless music playback on the go.

It also connects with the OnePlus TV, acting as a smart remote control that can lower volume when a call comes in or even turn off the TV before when it detects that you have fallen asleep.

Powerful Battery
    The OnePlus Watch gives you exceptional battery life quickly, delivering all-day power in just five minutes or a week’s power in just 20 minutes. The long-lasting 402 mAh battery gives you enough power for up to two weeks of sustainable use, as well as up to a week of power for the most active users.

Proactive Fitness
    Featuring 5ATM + IP68 water and dust resistance and 110+ workout types, including automatic workout detection for jogging and running, the OnePlus Watch keeps up with the most intense workouts. Push your personal performance with metrics such as pulse, distance, calories, speed monitoring and SWOLF efficiency for swimmers. With a built-in GPS, the OnePlus Watch tracks your activity accurately, even when the phone isn’t next to you.
    xdhjbchjdb.png

When comes to health function, it also offers blood oxygen saturation monitoring on-demand or when with sleep blood oxygen saturation. Stress detection helps you better know your condition, and the breathing training can always help you get back to the best of yourself when you are feeling nervous. Rapid heart rate alerts and sedentary reminders are also there, all easily manageable on the OnePlus Health app.

[​IMG]

The OnePlus Watch will be available in North America from April 14 and in Europe from April 26 at oneplus.com. In India, you’ll be able to get your hands on the OnePlus Watch starting from April 15 through RCC and oneplus.in, and April 16 through the remaining channels.

2. Raymond Z.
    Product Manager Staff Member Mar 29, 2021

Stickied Post
    Raymond Z. , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Hi everyone, this is Raymond here!

I'm surprised that you guys are so excited about the watch, glad you guys like it.

For all your questions, we are working on a deep dive thread to resolve them all together, which should be coming up soon.

I will be answering some of the questions in the 9 Series AMA as well, so please be patient and stay tuned for my answers! Thank you guys!

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Mar 23, 2021

Dresa91 , Mar 23, 2021 :
    Congrats :)🎉

4. Ayush_d
    Froyo Mar 23, 2021

5. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2021

6. Shelly_Singh
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

7. Sylvester.David
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

8. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Mar 23, 2021

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021

9. ShreyasPatil_
    Jelly Bean Mar 23, 2021

10. Sandeep Poddar
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

11. PritishPriyam
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021

12. mario_luigi

13. Abhishek654

14. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 23, 2021

15. Sandeep Poddar
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

16. dikoscilator
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

17. Sandeep Poddar
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

Sandeep Poddar , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 23, 2021 :
    OnePlus watch has been on my wishlist from sometime. But I guess I will wait for the reviews to come in and then decide. Looks good and features are also pretty good. But as I mentioned above, no mention about the processor and no clarity regarding the in built call function. Not that I would want that but just to be clear.

18. PritishPriyam
    Honeycomb Mar 23, 2021

19. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Mar 23, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 23, 2021 :
    Impressed, a lot with the product. A few objections though-
    1. The black bezels on the glass are thick
    2. The straps could've been leather with all models since the OnePlus band is more fitness based while the watch is lifestyle based.

20. sfomin
    Nougat Mar 23, 2021