Smart Everywear - Introducing the OnePlus Watch

1. malachy33
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

malachy33 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    For all you diehard fanboys out there with your heads in the sand ignoring posts from those of us who are telling you how absolutely bad this device is....maybe some articles saying exactly what we have been posting will convince you.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/04/19/oneplus-watch-review-i-dont-have-time-for-this/

In my last post I said that the latest update fixed one of the broken features....apparently that is at the cost of all the others.

1619096693698.jpg
    Now I am getting partial sleep logging as it reports the latest night and deletes everything else....and absolutely nothing else!

What a steaming pile of crap this thing is....why anyone is still trying to buy one, no less a more expensive version that they can't even give the smallest detail about, is beyond me.

2. yaswanthatyam
    Donut Apr 22, 2021

3. U1619100883355
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

4. malachy33
    Froyo Apr 22, 2021

malachy33 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Starting to think all these over enthusiastic indian guys are their off shore dev team or something artificially propping up their forum posts to try and drown out the truth of their abysmal product.

bobsta likes this.
  5. Shivu_Kombli
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

6. jactommac , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Willing to sell?

7. ruissagx26
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2021

ruissagx26 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 24, 2021 :
    Yes , we can reply but the watch has a set of pre-added replies which you can just tap and use, there is no dedicated keyboard

8. D1612102196410
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2021

9. R_k7
    Donut Apr 25, 2021

10. rudrakshalamahes
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2021

11. YamPer
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2021

YamPer , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 25, 2021 :
    If you don't want, sell to me

12. malachy33
    Froyo Apr 26, 2021

malachy33 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 26, 2021 :
    Sorry, I am an IT professional. I don't sell things that are far from ready for the public because I am to lazy/cheap to QA them first. I'll leave that up to the incompetent folks at OnePlus.

13. YamPer
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2021

YamPer , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I m an IT professional too, I know all the software devices have solution with an update firmware.

14. WhistlePodu
    Donut Apr 26, 2021

15. Aarthan_A
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2021

Aarthan_A , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 26, 2021 :
    I don't understand how OnePlus expects us to buy the watch without even an always on display...
    My birthday was in March so I was exited that I could gift myself with the watch...
    But after the product launch I realised something..
    The OnePlus we knew as giving the most to the customer is dead...
    I am genuinely hurt... I was waiting for the watch since last year..
    This is a huge disappointment...

16. pocketcoffee
    Eclair Apr 27, 2021

17. sanki_man
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 27, 2021

18. svv 703
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2021

19. malachy33
    Froyo Apr 28, 2021

malachy33 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 28, 2021 :
    You can't be much of an IT professional if you think that there is such a thing as a "software device" or that such a thing would have firmware if it did exist. Firmware is software, and it drives hardware devices. Lastly, there is only a solution in firmware if the developers writing it are intelligent enough to do so properly. The last firmware update from OnePlus made this watch and it's app far worse than it already was (Hard to believe frankly)....indicating there is not much of a hope for any kind of solution to what ails it.

If OnePlus' developers were capable of writing good code, and took any kind of pride in what they do....this device would never have been released to paying customers in the piss poor state it is in. Unfortunately OnePlus is apparently satisfied with the usual Chinese standard product development cycle....steal, badly copy, and even after letting someone else do all the hard work still release a cheap, unreliable, poorly made piece of crap product.

No, I won't subject someone else to owning this garbage....not even for a profit. Anyone who has read here and what has been written anywhere else about this watch and still wants to buy one is an idiot. I seriously doubt that OnePlus even has the talent available to them to make that thing worth using....even if they did, they are too cheap to spend the money for post sales support and improvement of their flagship crap. What in the world makes you think that they will for this after thought of a product?