smart lock doesn't show any options

1. G_venkat_r_fFci Honeycomb Dec 31, 2017

2. Gav_W86 KitKat Dec 31, 2017

3. G_Computer_Solution_[By_ Eclair Dec 31, 2017

G_Computer_Solution_[By_, Dec 31, 2017 :
    Nothing serious.
    It is the minor bug with OnePlus 5.
    You just have to go to settings >security and fingerprint > trusted agent.
    You just have to uncheck the smartlock slider.
    Reboot your phone.
    Follow the steps again and turn the slider on.
    Now you can see the smartlock page will show all the available features.
    All the best.

4. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 31, 2017

pablofg1978, Dec 31, 2017 :
    Thread merged

5. ashutoshaggarwal Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

6. G_Eduárd_Zdrok_pxGd Cupcake Jan 2, 2018

G_Eduárd_Zdrok_pxGd, Jan 2, 2018 :
    I had my phone stolen and money from my OnePlus 5 was sent away. Surprisingly I have found out that smart Lock enables Anyone (!) unlock it without asking for a pin.

How can you call it smart Lock?
    Who will refund me money I lost?

7. andresaun1 Donut Jan 3, 2018

andresaun1, Jan 3, 2018 :
    I tried these steps and it still doesn't work.

8. G_VINEET_CHAURASIA_VKTp Froyo Jan 5, 2018

9. G_VINEET_CHAURASIA_VKTp Froyo Jan 5, 2018

andresaun1 likes this.
  10. jran0880 Cupcake Jan 27, 2018

jran0880, Jan 27, 2018 :
    Smart Lock is a feature built into Android and is provided by Google NOT OnePlus. You should've set up a secure lock screen when you enabled smart lock. If you did not set up a secure lock screen (PIN, Pattern, fingerprint, etc...) then you did not have smart lock on. If you'd read how smart lock works, you'd know that YOU were able to select certain scenarios in which smart lock keeps the phone unlocked. These include connecting to trusted devices (you select which devices are trusted), trusted locations (again, you were prompted to allow or ignore), on body (your phone uses sensors to know it's on your person. Again you had to allow this), and face detection (that one is obvious but you had to allow it also). Trusted voice is another feature of smart lock that you had to allow which let you use your Google assistant with your screen off and locked. IF you had smart lock on and then phone was "stolen" at a time when it was in a "trusted" situation that YOU ALLOWED then there is a possibility that someone else unlocked the screen and went through your phone. However, if they attempted to change a security setting they would've been prompted for your PIN, pattern, fingerprint, or password. At that point the phone would REQUIRE a secure unlock method the next time the screen turned off and was turned back on by the person that took it. You should try your android device manager, it can not only locate your stolen phone, it can also take a picture of the person using it, lock the phone, make it ring CONSTANTLY until you turn it off, completely wipe the phone, show a history of where the phone has been, and more. The OP5 is basically of no use to a thief if you kept it encrypted. Even if the thief is familiar with how to boot into recovery and fastboot, they will be prompted to enter a password before they can enter either recovery or fastboot. They can try and factory reset the device and flash a new ROM and when they boot the system, they will be greeted with a secure lock screen, requiring the correct unlock procedure that you setup. Your phone was "stolen" because YOU were negligent with your phone and failed to keep it secure. Grow up and accept responsibility for you inability to be diligent about your phone.

11. mann3086 Cupcake Feb 6, 2018

12. N1518612907424 Cupcake Feb 14, 2018

13. GozoGeek Cupcake Apr 20, 2018 at 5:28 PM

GozoGeek, Apr 20, 2018 at 5:28 PM :
    Thanks: This problem showed up for me on my OnePlus 5 after the April 19th update. Your solution fixed the problem although it took rebooting to complete the fix, just disabling and re-enabling the Smart Lock option did not do anything for me.