[Submitted] Smartphone does not see Wi-Fi 5Ghz

1. rudenko_ks
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2021

rudenko_ks , Sep 12, 2021 :
    Hi, support!
    I have an Asus RT-AC68U router, 2 networks are configured in it - 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
    So, the phone does not see the 5Ghz network, only 2.4Ghz is displayed.
    The rest of the devices can see it perfectly and work, and this is my computer with a wi-fi mother, xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and my last phone, Oneplus 5T. And on the phones of friends everything is ok.
    When I try to manually connect to the network by entering its SSID and password, it also does not lead to anything

2. rudenko_ks
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2021

The question was resolved when I chose parameter "Control Channel" value 132 and higher (136, 140) in the wi-fi 5 GHz channel setting.
    At lower values, wi-fi 5Ghz was not detected by the phone

3. rudenko_ks
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2021

But now another problem arose.
    If the channels are less than 132 (the default was 108), then the speed of connecting the computer to wi-fi was 866 Mbps and the download speed was close to the declared tariff (500 Mbps), but OP Nord2 did not see this wi-fi network.
    If the channel 132, 136 or 140 is selected, then the speed of connecting the computer to wi-fi is 400 Mbps out of the 866 Mbps supported by the network card.
    OP Nord2's connection speed is also 400 Mbps.

Why does the smartphone only support channels 132, 136 and 140, but does not see the Wi-fi network on other channels? While all other devices in the house are quietly connected at any frequency to wi-fi 5G.

I'm not ready to sacrifice the speed of the Internet on my home computer, and on other devices in the home network because of one phone, and therefore I will have to use the 2.4Ghz wi-fi network on OP Nord 2. But this fact is a little overshadowed by the use of the phone.

Is this a bug or a feature of the phone?

4. rudenko_ks
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2021

In general, I figured out the question. Perhaps someone will be interested if there are problems with wi-fi or do not like the connection speed.

If Bandswitch is selected for Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz - 20Mhz, the maximum connection speed of the phone to the router is 192Mbps.
    If Bandswitch is selected for Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz - 40Mhz, the maximum connection speed of the phone to the router is 400Mbps.

If Bandswitch - 40Mhz is selected for Wi-Fi 5Ghz (so that the maximum connection speed to the router is 400Mbps), then the phone works on the following channels
    wi-fi 5Ghz sees on channels 132-140
    wi-fi 5GHz DOES NOT see on channels 100-116 (36-64 did not check)

If Bandswitch - 80Mhz is selected for Wi-Fi 5Ghz (so that the maximum connection speed to the router is 866Mbps), then the phone works on the following channels
    wi-fi 5Ghz sees on channels 36-52
    wi-fi 5GHz does NOT see on channels 56-140

For myself, I chose the settings at which the maximum speed on all devices (including on a PC):
    For 2.4Ghz, Bandswitch - 40Mhz, Channel - Auto (on the phone connection speed - 400Mbps, PC - 300Mbps)
    For 5Ghz, Bandswitch - 80Mhz, Channel - 52 (on the phone connection speed - 866Mbps, PC - 866Mbps)

5. Dipjyoti Nath
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 13, 2021

Dipjyoti Nath , Sep 13, 2021 :
    Sorry to hear that you have been facing such an issue with your device while trying to establish a stable WiFi connection. Apologizing for the inconvenience caused on that note. Hence, requesting you to kindly go through your personal message and help us with the required log information for further investigating into your concern.

Regards,
    Dipjyoti