Smartwatch disconnecting often

1. stdevos
    Cupcake Apr 20, 2021

stdevos , Apr 20, 2021 :
    Long time Oneplus user, first time I've tried a smartwatch. Knowing what I know about how oneplus likes to kills background service to conserve battery life, I figured a smartwatch probably wouldn't work with these phones and it seems like I was right, so far. Seems like I can stay connected for periods of time but I'd guess half the time, it loses connections and I stop getting notifications on the watch. The watch indicates it has lost connection to the phone.

I have a Wyze Watch 44 and a OnePlus 8Pro on Oxygen 11.0.5.5.IN11AA, both purchased in the last month.

I've disabled battery optimization on every bluetooth app, wyze app, google services apps as well as disabling traffic optimizations on the same. I've also locked the wyze app to recents and the persistent notification is there. Wyze app has full permissions.

I will also be contacting Wyze, since the device was just very recently released however my past oneplus phones have always had issues like these, like "find my device" won't ring my device until I find it and then pick it up (that was on a 6T). So my suspicion lies with Oneplus.

Any ideas on further troubleshooting? I can give more specifics on what optimizations I've disabled, I kind of went crazy and disabled anything that sounded like the right ballpark.

2. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 21, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 21, 2021 :
    I've been using a Samsung active 2 watch since May last year with both my OP phones and it pretty much stays connected all the time, except when i'm too far away of course. You can maybe try resetting your network settings, do other things stay connected with Bluetooth?

3. stdevos
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2021

stdevos , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Yeah, I'll be sitting 2' away from my phone and I'll miss a notification. I've used Z headphones for short periods of time and haven't had a problem... but that's always when I'm actively using the phone, or at least very recently used it. Wyze support so far just responded with the very basic instructions on how to connect the watch to the phone... frustrating.