Smash your phone and become one of the first 100 One+One owners

1. fcknalf
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

fcknalf , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I completely agree. Like I got money pouring out my *** to just smash a phone I could just hand down.

2. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

jmazzamj , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Thanks for reading this despite the thousands of messages about this topic.

OnePlus, your invite system is actually making people changing their minds.

Let me explain better: You asked us to help you spread the word and make people aware they had a better option. That's what I did and I was telling people just to wait the 23rd and they would have been happy they waited. My friends and the forum members' friends eagerly waited for the 23 to come as we suggested them.

The 23 came and you showed to the world what you have.
    Some people I know liked the device a lot, some others were disappointed about the size, they were expecting a smaller phone as you yourselves stated the One would have been, but everybody was extremely disappointed they could not buy the phone and they had no real indication about when they would have been able to buy it. A few have already placed their orders for Nexus 5, Note 3 and Find 7.

So, long story short: Give us precise info about REAL availability of your device, so that we can at least try to make our friends wait a bit longer. If you really wanted us to help you, select some of us random and send us some invites so that we can start showing it to the world, to REAL PEOPLE.

OnePlus, you proud yourself of listening the community, well please really do, because if you don't most people will just walk away.

I'll do my best to make people wait and I will patiently wait myself, but YOU ALSO HAVE TO HELP US.

Thank you, OnePlus.

aljimgar, desgua and Naani.ceo like this.
  3. Naani.ceo
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

4. macbeth07
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

wihte likes this.
  5. mamosixx
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

mamosixx , Apr 25, 2014 :
    please break you expensive flagship phones for a chance to win a cheaper phone, go ahead.

wihte likes this.
  6. peterargu95
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

peterargu95 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    The best allways do something different and here Oneplus has done it. Congratullations

7. black_cat78
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

black_cat78 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    You can find a lot of reasons actually, imperfection of the world, as one of them. Another reason may be lack of recycling programs from phone manufacturers. Another reason - outdated features of the phone, I saw a lot of markets that sell used, refurbished phones, most of which are just rubbish. Аnd most importantly, if I came to the phone manufacturers and he would have made me discount on a new model and dispose old friendly way, I would be only too pleased. but with chaos that is going on in mobile phone market, it probably is not possible.

8. mikelebz
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

mikelebz , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I won't smash. Just seems irresponsible in every way (not only safety. In fact, that is the least of my concerns). I would much rather sell it, keep it as a spare, or donate it. I love the oneplus, and I will purchase it, but I just don't agree with the tactics.

jmazzamj likes this.
  9. desgua
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

desgua , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Here take my smashed phone. Let me buy the One Plus One. I have just smashed my S4 to left it barely functional so I can receive calls until I get my OPO :). [​IMG]

10. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

You are an IDIOT, plain and simple.

Report me, if you want but this is not the way this IDIOTIC contest works...YOU WILL GET NOTHING!!

11. desgua
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

12. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

Because that's what I think of everybody who smashes their phones without having been chosen yet, and nobody knows who will be picked.

End of discussion and again, report me if you feel like it.

P.S: I think the contest itself is IDIOTIC.

13. kannutti
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

14. hmyzagi
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

hmyzagi , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Well, here is a thought what some clever guys might do:

1) purchase a new phone from the list
    2) purchase additional insurance against loss or damage, which is nowadyas pretty cheap
    3) smash the hell out of the phone and record the process - it will be even more impressive if you smash a completelly new one right after unboxing
    4) use the insurance and get a new phone
    5) sell it as new
    6) get your new OPO

I am not trying to initiate any insurance frauds and this is certainly not what I will do, but it is just an idea :) I will wait for my invite and get it the normal way....

15. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

Yeah, good luck with making your insurance believe: "I don't know what happened, it just smashed itself into peices!"

16. hmyzagi
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

hmyzagi , Apr 25, 2014 :
    The whole point of this insurance is to be safe in a situation when you break the phone. I guess it will look pretty bad after you are done with it, but it migh look like a car drove over it or something simillar. Anyway you dont need to explain youself, you simply bring it and have it fixed or replaced, that is what it is for...

17. Hannz
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

Hannz , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I have a galaxy S2, too bad it's not on the list of phones to smash :/

18. NickN
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

NickN , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Well as much as I like the opo I for one will not smash my current phone for a 16 version of the opo might consider it for the 64 version but now way for just the 16