SMS app problem on OnePlus 8T via OnePlus 8T

1. Sayeed48
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2021

Sayeed48 , via OnePlus 8T , Jul 30, 2021 :
    I am using OnePlus 8T purchased in Nov 20. Since last 2 days I am facing a problem with the messaging app on the phone after the SMS app got categories like All, Personal, OTP, etc...., This change happened by itself without any change being made by me or an update.

After this I am unable to open the received SMS section, sometimes it opens after a few minutes. Also when it opens it does not disable highlight after SMS is read. Also the messages cannot be deleted now unlike before, it says permanent message and cannot be deleted.

It causes a problem especially as I am unable to read or delete messages now.

Please suggest as I am unable to go to the nearest service center as it remains closed since it's in a Mall.

2. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

3. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2021

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 30, 2021 :
    Other than that, you can also try clearing the cache of your messages app. Don't clear data. All your messages will be gone (I guess).

If you have a specific problem with the categorisation, you can turn it off. Go to messages app, go to settings and toggle off message classification.
    1627672767654.jpg

puccellino likes this.

5. Xcommunicad0
    KitKat Jul 31, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , via OnePlus 8T , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Interestingly I have tried enabling/ disabling the Category view multiple times but it remains same as earlier and I don't see any msg categorisation at all 🤔