SMS . notification.email tones via OnePlus 6T

1. lenny691
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

lenny691 , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 24, 2020 :
    ok so I have a 6t and for the life of me I can not work out why if I set SMS tone to one tone it will not change to anything other than what's showing in notifications

meaning if I want SMS tone I have to set it in notifications

plus I would like to have email tone separate which I can't find how to do

please tell me I'm not going to have to go back to my Samsung to have these features

thanks all

2. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 24, 2020

Horsault , Feb 24, 2020 :
    If you want a separate ringtone for notifications from a given app, you need to go inside this app settings and set a ringtone, if available.
    In general settings you can only set a general notification sound that will be used as generic sound setting.

Unfortunately, stock SMS app doesn't allow a separate ringtone, but other apps, like Textra or ChompSMS allow it.
    Maybe you'll like to give a feedback to dev team (either using feedback in Community app or going to https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/) to have a chance to get it in stock app future versions.

Kytharsis likes this.
  3. lenny691
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

lenny691 , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 24, 2020 :
    hi ok so why does it show

ringtone

SMS ringtone

notification sound

issue is what ever I set notification sound to works on SMS

if I change SMS to different sound it stays on what notification sound is hope that makes sense

thanks

4. zelendel
    Donut Feb 24, 2020

zelendel , Feb 24, 2020 :
    that's due to the sms app looking for the sound in notifications which is the stock behavior. Beatbi came up with was using a 3rd party sms app and then disable the stock sound on use the apps settings.

So sad to see such some issues still with the oem. Most issues are easily fixed if the desire is there

Kytharsis likes this.
  5. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 24, 2020

Horsault , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Sorry, I forgot this setting. So you say it's not working on your device?
    Which ROM version are you running?

Kytharsis likes this.
  6. lenny691
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020