SMS Stopped working.... Need help from others that mau have had same problem

1. XSNPX
    Donut Jan 30, 2020

XSNPX , Jan 30, 2020 :
    Hello all,

I have been using the 5T for over 2 years - using both SIM SLOTS .
    SIM 1 - HITS Mobile in Spain - I live in Spain,
    SIM 2 - EE Network UK number Roaming.

They worked excellent since just before Xmas 2019. SIM 2 EE Network stopped receiving SMS, no idea why - I called EE - to discuss as straight blamed EE for this change - but after a few hours it seems to be the phone the 5T having this problem.

I tried the EE Sim in another phone and all works fine, also tried on 3 other phone and all is ok, when back on 5T, it does not work anymore.

I was unable to solve this and was not ready for a factory reset., SIM 2 has since been removed into an older phone.

SIM 1 - this week (but maybe longer - last msg in was after NY time) has also started with the same problem - I read a few posts where to change the SIM from 1 to 2 and back 2 but this did not work . I also tried Android MSG app and Textra and also does not work. Now I am also getting after doing all this - error code 96 which i did not have before i started trying all techniques from posts here and there.

I am trying to see if there is a fix - I tried the #4636# code to refresh and update my SMCS number, changed the "+" to "00" but that did not help - tried going from 4G to 3G to 2G did not work. Changed automatic selection of operator and choose others - did not work. I tried so many things before writing a post I am now at end of trial and I am hoping for someone that could help me receive SMS on my 5T which should be simple....

oh.. I also deleted CACHE and STORAGE in app settings and did not work either.

Any help would be appreciated as it is 99.9% the phone that has a problem with this.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and help me.

Ben

João Carlos Chande likes this.
  2. João Carlos Chande
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2020

3. XSNPX
    Donut Jan 31, 2020

XSNPX , Jan 31, 2020 :
    Thx - was hoping to avoid a factory reset... if anyone here may have a suggestion.

Should I do a factory reset, have not done one in a while and use to remember if not rooted cannot do a full 100% back up of phone, so was thinking if there is now a way for a 100% back up ?

Thx
    Ben

4. porkuspious
    Froyo Feb 3, 2020

porkuspious , Feb 3, 2020 :
    I had exact same problem after the 9.0.10 update. After a factory reset the problem was still there.
    I really need sms so my only option has been to roll back to 9.0.9 release and now it work perfectly again.
    It's another 9.0.10 bug.

5. ricktendo
    Cupcake Feb 8, 2020

ricktendo , Feb 8, 2020 :
    Same problem here, able to send but not able to receive any SMS after upgrading to 9.0.10. I really want to avoid a factory reset as I have Google Authenticator configured with a ton of site 2FA codes.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020