Network/Connectivity SMS while on wifi with no cell coverage

1. paascal
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2020

paascal , Feb 18, 2020 :
    hello,

i was wondering if it was possible to send sms while on wifi? My pixel 3 did it fine on bell canada i thought the oneplus would do the same.

I tried the one plus messaging app and the google one with no success.

on the other hand i do have vowifi and volte working

i got the MMS parameters from bell :

https://support.bell.ca/mobility/sm...one_for_the_bell_mobility_hspa_network?step=3

https://ibb.co/b7X8fYM

unfortunatly, there is no option to add or modify the existing ones... :S

anyone have a great idea? :)

thanks,

Pascal

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020

2. paascal
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2020

3. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Feb 21, 2020

4. paascal
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2020

paascal , Feb 25, 2020 :
    messages says connected... only it doesnt do anything other than never being able to send or receive...

5. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Feb 25, 2020

CosmoKramer70 , Feb 25, 2020 :
    Other users must also have it enabled. its not a "enable for you and it will work with anyone you want to communicate with". Think of it as Apple's iMessage, or whatsapp, or signal or messenger. It will only work if sender and receiver are connected to the service.

6. paascal
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2020

paascal , Feb 26, 2020 :
    sure... so since i am connected and i message myself, i should be receiving my own message :) no?

7. CosmoKramer70
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2020

CosmoKramer70 , Feb 26, 2020 :
    Quick google search will show you the answer being "No" you cant RCS message yourself. Seems like there is some sort of limitation from Google's implementation.
    If i were you, you need to talk to people actually using the service. i'm pretty sure a very large majority of the users here either don't know what RCS is or its not available within their country.