75 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. 820

314 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. gringoboy
    Lollipop Jun 27, 2015

gringoboy , Jun 27, 2015 :
    I have no intention of buying it anyway. Benchmarks mean little to me. It's how it works in my hands. The decision was made months ago lol. You'll not be buying an OP2 with an 820 chip.

2. secretkloud
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2015

secretkloud , Jun 27, 2015 :
    I think the same, and I hope @Carl @Pete @Helen @Bradon H and the rest read these posts (I can hope, can't I?).
    Mostly I'm just concerned that the heat issues of 810 will let us down. If the phone is already in production it can still be overhauled. It's not like OP mass produce phones like other companies. Isn't that why there's an invite system, to control sales, create hype and above all avoid overproduction?

If the 820 won't be available till November or so then I'm Ok with the OPT being released now. Otherwise, I really think it would make sense to wait a bit. There's no real hurry. The OPO is running very well and I've always strongly believed the yearly release schedule of phones is a bit much. Makes sense to wait a bit to have something utterly and completely different.

Already there's a Type C USB, which means faster charging (read: more current flowing in and higher temps). Hopefully there'll be a more powerful camera and better sound hardware. Imagine all of this being hampered by a SOC that overheats? Look at the Z3plus of Sony. The camera app force closes within seconds on some modes due to serious overheating. Any fix that Sony releases is likely to clock down the SOC to keep it cooler at the cost of some performance. If so, the Z3plus will likely perform on par with or below the normal Z3. Then why upgrade at all?

Waiting a few more months to give the absolute best product you possibly can is a no brainer. I'm fairly certain most of us won't mind the wait at all, especially if we get a phone more powerful than the S6 with Type C USB, a better camera and whatever else OP has in store.

If it can't be done then so be it. We all know OP won't admit if they can't (bad marketing). Let's hope the OPT keeps all the good and none of the bad. Personally, I'm holding on to my OPO for now, with it's heating problems and battery drain (since lollipop) the touchscreen that goes bonkers when it's charging (the latest final fix actually made it worse) and Maxx Audio/Audio FX that works like once or twice a month (worked this morning for the first time in June. I was shocked. I'd forgotten it existed).

I love the blasted phone. #NeverSettle...

3. jove39
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2015

jove39 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    S820 is not latest yet...it's future...S810 is latest.

4. secretkloud
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2015

secretkloud , Jun 27, 2015 :
    I hope they make it work. It'll be really bad for them if not. I'm generally for the underdog. OnePlus over Samsung anyday...

5. jsims19pe

6. mdezayas54
    Honeycomb Jun 27, 2015

mdezayas54 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    This subject is old and you will find many like it.
    Comparing 810 to 820 is like doing it between a Sherman tank and a Tiger. The poll is an idiotic attempt to inspire comments on a subject everyone knows why.
    One plus don't have the money to go back in reverse like Xiaomi did with their MI-5 renaming it to MI-4S to keep the "5" for the device w/ 820.
    Search the forum first before trying to look "smarter" than the rest.

Jupeeeeee likes this.
  7. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Jun 27, 2015

Ivanpoocky13 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    Have you seen the perfomance to even compare it to another chip which is in a testing stage?
    Everybody should stop bitching about this, OnePlus can't change the chip and they really put a lot of effort on bringing this chip.

BlindCinema, Tobikage and Jupeeeeee like this.
  8. Jupeeeeee
    Jelly Bean Jun 27, 2015

Jupeeeeee , Jun 27, 2015 :
    Latest? If so, the processor came out after they made the first opt. Use your brains if you have one.

9. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 27, 2015

Mr. BG , Jun 27, 2015 :
    Not that it matters but...

I'm with stupid! :D

Tobikage likes this.
  10. midhunraj
    Froyo Jun 27, 2015

midhunraj , Jun 27, 2015 :
    New LG g4 is hosting a Snapdragaon 820. Again the concerns are heating issue and battery backup. Since OnePlus two is using a highly customized version of 810, hope this wouldnt be a problem.

BlindCinema likes this.
  11. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 27, 2015

Tobikage , Jun 27, 2015 :
    Get your facts straight....

The G4 has a SD808

The G4 Pro will have SD820

yuyoman likes this.
  12. joaofsa2000
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2015

joaofsa2000 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    i notice some stutter in asphalt 8 on max settings. and on real racing its not 60 fps. you can say it can handle every game when every game is running 60fps

13. Naokia980

14. MichaelJacksonKingOfPop

MichaelJacksonKingOfPop , Jun 27, 2015 :
    it makes the release date go further snapdragon 810 is already the top of the line motherboard

15. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Jun 27, 2015

camohan , Jun 27, 2015 :
    @sfomin

sfomin likes this.
  16. benluca
    KitKat Jun 27, 2015

benluca , Jun 27, 2015 :
    Great point, absolutely right. Even if they found a technology five generations PAST the Snapdragon 830, he (and others) will still complain and moan, asking why they haven't discovered (and implemented) what's beyond THAT.

17. Radeon962
    KitKat Jun 27, 2015

Radeon962 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    The processor originally selected for the One was the Snapdragon 800. After a lot of bitching in the forums, OnePlus switched to the 801 shortly before launch.

This was the original SD 800 reasoning:

For some of you, the first reaction could be disappointment. The Snapdragon 800 is indeed not the newest chip on the market. However, the reason that OnePlus chose the 800 is a good one. In testing, the company found that the Snapdragon 800 featured the best balance of performance, battery life, and availability. The Snapdragon 801 is not much faster, with trivial change in real world performance, while being new enough to possibly cause production delays. The Snapdragon 800 remains an absolutely fantastic chip and will allow OnePlus to ship the One much faster.

Closer to launch and as other flagships had the 801 and the cries in the forums and elsewhere about "Never Settle" were at an all time high the OnePlus One processor magically changed to the 801:

As some of you have already noticed, we have made the decision to make a change to the system on chip that we’re using in the OnePlus One. It is our philosophy to constantly look to improve on everything we do. Once again we want to live up to that philosophy and prove ourselves to you. We will Never Settle and we hope that you won’t either.

While we had initially planned to use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, we have been working very closely with Qualcomm and I am happy to announce that we will be offering the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC. This is not just any Snapdragon 801, but rather the 8974AC clocked at 2.5GHz to offer the best experience possible.

We have chosen to move to Snapdragon 801 processor to take full advantage of the fastest SoC currently on the market. We wanted to bring the real-world performance enhancements gained from the many improvements the Snapdragon 801 offers over the 800. The higher CPU clock of 2.5GHz instead of 2.3GHz will bring more overall speed and an increased experience to the user. A higher GPU clock of 578MHz instead of 450MHz will allow for less time spent waiting for games and other graphics. The newer eMMC 5.0 standard will help to greatly improve the interface speed, reducing the amount of time needed to copy, move, open, modify, and save almost everything that you’ll have on your phone.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-one-performance-only-the-best-never-settle.864/

So never say never...

18. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 27, 2015

gaster , Jun 27, 2015 :
    Because 820 it's still on testing and it's not official released for use in the devices. If OnePlus was waiting for using the 820 on the OP2 then they would lost their chance for hitting up the 2015. 820 will be in the flag ships of 2016 i believe

Radeon962 likes this.
  19. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 27, 2015

Tobikage , Jun 27, 2015 :
    @sp99 I don't get why this is still open ... :rolleyes:

The OP2 is clearly not going to use the SD820....so....

20. kesarinandan88
    Eclair Jun 27, 2015

kesarinandan88 , Jun 27, 2015 :
    People like you will not umderstand y i have created this thread as if i dont wanna explain to people like you but as true oneplus fan i need to the best and as i say i will not settle till i will get oneplus2 a snapdragon 820 so please if you cant understand my poibt of view you can creat a thread against me.
    NEVER SETTLE TILL I WILL GET SNAPDRAGON 820