80.7%
  1. alapdaskater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 29, 2015

sarin.j likes this.
  2. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2015

Alivethereality , Jun 29, 2015 :
    yeah right like you know anything about this crap
    as if a navigation device which needs to show only 1 app and have nothing else on the device would use the full power of a CPU, more then a smartphone which has 3 games opened in max quality at the same time

3. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2015

that's what i said
    its good for people who don't understand how to use the device properly, those will see the difference, but i for example won't
    but you can extend your RAM using a SD Card if you are in sooooo much need of it, only not in OPO for reasons you know

4. towe96

towe96 , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Well, apparently it's you who doesn't know shit.
    I was taking about actual routing. And being able to process many of these at the same time. There's a shitload of games that really could use a bit more power than the 801 can provide.

5. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2015

well i haven't stumbled upon anything that my OPO couldn't handle
    maybe its just me...

6. 1poipoy57

7. towe96

towe96 , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Have you tried some more intense games? Browsing and Facebook won't take your OPO to its limits.

BlindCinema likes this.
  8. Sera69

Sera69 , Jun 29, 2015 :

I agree!! One Plus need to pursue the latest in technology. Why bother with 810 is 820 is coming. Why even release the OP 2 when they could give us OP 3?? Truly we, should skip buying any iteration of device and just funnel our money into their account... or... not...

9. Alan James
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

Alan James , Jun 29, 2015 :

It had to be the no-brainer of all no-brainer decisions not to opt for the SD 820. Just because the 820 is in testing now, doesn't mean it will be ready for mass shipment to manufacturers by year's end. As it stands, the OP2 will launch 15 months after the OP1 did. Opting for the 820 would have meant an additional 3-6 month delay. You don't stay relevant in this industry unless you release your flagships in 12-month cycles. It's a testament to the quality and cost of the OP1 that OP can even survive a 15-month release window.

And even if the 820's could ship in time for a 3rd or even early 4th-quarter launch, the unit cost would be so exorbitantly high (especially for a small manufacturer like OP) that the OP2 would have to cost $500 at minimum. That would be the proverbial nail in OP's coffin. Game over.

A phone doesn't have to have the most powerful SoC to be the best. It just needs to have the fewest weaknesses. The SD 805, for that matter, would have been the better choice. It has power to spare, no thermal/throttling issues, immediate availability (an SD 805-equipped OP2 would have launched by now), and a far cheaper unit cost, meaning a far cheaper OP2 for you and I.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

10. Alan James
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

Alan James , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Can you give some examples with benchmarks? Anecdotal statements don't really add much to the conversation. Here's an example of a non-anecdotal statement:

My OnePlus One running in balanced mode scores around 50fps running Epic Citadel on Utra High settings in full resolution. In performance mode, it maxes out at 60fps. Epic Citadel is about as graphically demanding as mobile 3D graphics get (that's its sole purpose for existing).

For real-world gaming, My OP1 can run Star Wars: KOTOR, Oddword: Stranger's Wrath, Republique, and Deus Ex: The Fall (just to name a few) on their highest settings with no frame-skipping. I'm not sure which modern games are more graphically demanding then those, but I'd love to try them out.

As for SatNav apps, I've never personally used one other than Google Maps, but it seems to me that the more likely cause of any performance issues involving those would be the app itself, much in the same way making a call via Google Hangouts brings my Samsung Galaxy S6 (only the most powerful phone on the planet) to its knees.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

11. alexlam24

alexlam24 , Jun 29, 2015 :
    We could just root and SuperSU it to be a 6 core (808) chip. Hopefully that works

12. kesarinandan88
    Eclair Jun 29, 2015

kesarinandan88 , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Last week we learned that theSnapdragon 820 will be clocked at 3GHz. Now a new benchmark claims to reveal just how well the new chip holds up.

A series of Geekbench tests earned the Snapdragon 820 a single-core score of 1732 and a multi-core score of 4970. Those numbers don’t mean much on their own, but they say a lot when compared to a few other processors. For example, a Xiaomi Mi Note Pro running Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 scored just 1227 for its single core score. Meanwhile, Samsung’s rival Exynos 7420 came in at 1486.

Based on the results, the Snapdragon 820 should be a huge jump .

NEVER SETTLE TILL I WILL GET SNAPDRAGON 820

13. djrasul
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

djrasul , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Is it not obvious? They chose 810 because it's cheaper.... 820 is almost twice the price of 810, as far as I know.o_O

14. CesarPalma
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2015

CesarPalma , Jun 29, 2015 :
    For 2 reasons (I think):

1 - Price, if you want to keep your price accessible, use one level down in tech, will lower the price and keep a high performance in comparison to 95% of the market.

2 - Design, if they've been developing the phone before the 820 was available, then all the architectural design (software AND hardware) was probably made to fit the design of the 810, having everything changed just to use a new more powerful processor would delay the release and make the process more expensive (therefore also the phone price will increase).

zisworg and sarin.j like this.
  15. Alivethereality
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2015

well i don't even use facebook
    and yes i've even tried emulators for nientendo ds, psp, pc
    and they only had the problems related to their software

16. sarin.j
    Honeycomb Jun 29, 2015

sarin.j , Jun 29, 2015 :
    Like use two cores as buffer and make the remaining ones run in full steam? Can we do that?

17. kesarinandan88
    Eclair Jul 2, 2015

18. jswick2
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2015

jswick2 , Jul 2, 2015 :
    100% correct!

19. jswick2
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2015

jswick2 , Jul 2, 2015 :
    Obviously the 820 is better. That's like saying why wasn't the 805 in the OPO. Hopefully the OPT is already being produced heavily. The 820 isn't going to be in any phones until 2016. The OPT is going to be an amazing phone and have the 810 processor and will be more than fast/powerful enough and won't get any hotter than any other smartphone. Every smartphone gets warm, I've had them all, I promise it is true. The OPT is going to be awesome! Just be patient!

20. Ballistix
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2015