Snapdragon 845/ 8 gig ram can't run 10.3.5 via OnePlus 6T

1. Rufu
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

Rufu , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    This is probably my N time saying this and very very frustrated with what they have done to my phone.

It lags drops frames, hardware is well capable but the software optimization is at fault.

Very disappointed with one plus and won't want to buy another product knowing they would make it slow later so I buy the newer one. Like what apple did.

So community what gives ?

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 10, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    My 6T, Snapdragon 845, 6Gb ram runs 10.3.5 very smoothly.

I Have DC Dimming enabled, but you can disable it if it is causing an issue.

I Have Ram Boost enabled, again either enable or disable it and see what works for you.

I also run it on the OnePlus Launcher version 4.6.5 Beta version can be got from ApkMirror.

Or try the Stable version 4.5.9 from the Playstore

Also have my phone setup to optimize the current apps I have installed.

Try to Optimize the phone, clear your recent apps, also set 3rd party apps to Optimize in Settings Battery, only leave the ones you need run in the background or to notify you such as messages, email, Google Services, oneplus etc on Intelligent control.

Android may take a few days to optimize those apps after setting them to Optimize depending on your usage of those apps. A10 has its own learning curve.

Go through 2 to 3 charge cycles, leave on charge beyond full capacity for a couple of hours. Preferably overnight.

After a few days, Check App battery stats at about 50% and see if there are particular apps using more resources than necessary.

A definitive guide to everything that affects smartphone battery life

https://www.androidauthority.com/smartphone-battery-life-drain-causes-1071423/

OP6T Battery and Heating Thread

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/unified-op6t-battery-and-heating-thread.952987/

zayn_ys, ironass and drl431 like this.
  3. Rufu
    Eclair Aug 12, 2020

Caomhin likes this.