Snapdragon 865+

1. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 8, 2020 :
    1594230049263.jpg
    Enjoy, brand new Snapdragon 865+ was introduced.

- Wi-fi 6E - 6GHz with the new FastConnect 6900 subsystem. The 6900 can deliver throughput of up to 3.6Gbps on dual bands of simultaneous traffic, giving the congested 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands some relief.
    - Bluetooth 5.2
    - Same X55 5G modem
    - 8 Kryo 585 Prime computing cores that give a 10% cycle boost from the original 585 cores to 3.1GHz, and a 10% overclock for the Adreno 650 GPU

In gereral that's a minor improved needles soc. Now everyone saying, that there won't be any 8T or 8T Pro, are 100% wrong.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/08/qualcomms-new-snapdragon-865-plus-is-an-865-but-plus-er/

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020

2. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

malidan, Batman360 and G_plusone like this.
  3. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I think OnePlus are heading into 2 markets, premium 8T series and Mid to Upper range Nord Series.

Premium phones will suit those with deep pockets and want to be at the pinnacle of Gaming and need or want a high end phone, for usage or bragging rights.

Nord will suit those who don't do Gaming on a serious level and suit people who just want everything else in a phone that will carry out those tasks smoothly with a premium feel at a reasonable price.

I currently have a 6T, which runs as smooth as butter, which was a premium phone in its day, but I don't do gaming, so would no longer be interested in paying a premium price, while I won't be upgrading to the Nord this year, I may look at next year's version Nord 2,if they bring one out.

Might get the missus one though this year, as she badly needs an upgrade on an old S7 and Tab S2. So I can kill 2 birds with one stone, and still get some money back on the sale of the 2 old devices, won't be much which are in perfect condition, but it's something.

Batman360, G_plusone and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  4. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Yeah, however for now all I see is that Nord will be a fail in Europe cuz of €500 ($560) price. There would be no necessity to buy 1+ mid-ranger, when there're big guys from other brands based on 865 soc for the same or less price. Some may even choose mid-rangers, like upcoming Pixel 4a or SE 2 for definitely a better price and longer support.

The best fact of fail is that OP 8 EU version can already be bought for $548 (554 yesterday), which initially seems like a better offer for next 2-3 years. I don't know about pricing in other countries, but I guess it's pretty much same.

And knowing about EU/India launch at least at first stage, EU is fail on paper... Maybe India will have a smooth sales start thanks to cut price tags. And what's that beta testing for North America, lol? 😅 No idea, what OnePlus is trying to achieve with such an odd policy.

I'm yet laughing from their statement regarding dual front cameras implementation as focus group request. If it's back DOES LOOK like Realme 6 or Reno 4, then oh my... another damn OnePlus marketing. What was that staff about focus groups🤦

What're your thoughts on 8T series, like 865 Plus soc and 65W charging as main changes? Minor upgrade, like 7T Pro. Greedy OnePlus is pulling its hands in someone's pocket, same does Qualcomm.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020

malidan, Batman360 and Caomhin like this.
  5. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Don't think it's gonna be a fail though. Price it around €499 or less in europe and it will be a winner. The reason being Europe favours the likes of Samsungs and other big players where the mid range market here is overpriced.

The way many phones are sold here is on a plan, so it can be €80 per month with a €200 upfront payments for a all data, all mins plan for a Galaxy S20.

The price of the OnePlus Nord would be €30 to 40 per month with maybe €50 or & €100 upfront. Which would be more affordable for a reasonably high spec phone. You have too understand the European market.

So yes it will do well in Europe. Its not designed to be a gaming phone, however am sure it will be able.

8T will be a minor upgrade with the approximate specs you state. The main difference I always find since the OnePlus 3, is that the early version will have its issues, and the T version works like it was intended. As if the early version is the Testbed, and the T is the finished product. That's why I would always wait for the T version.

Also gonna wait till I see some reviews of the Nord and see how it fares out in the hands of some expert reviews who know how to check out a phone professionally. There are many out there, never rush in to buy a phone, like a car, it has to serve its purpose for a number of years.

This Nord will be a phone that will fit well into the Indian and European markets. They just need to market it better.

8T will be right up there with the best of gaming phones. And probably a couple of hundred dollars or euro cheaper.

Batman360 likes this.
  6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 10, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Just when OnePlus 8 series orders are getting delivered :D

7. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

Cheated... OnePlus cheated its users 🙈 Have you already pre-ordered 8T series? I did, cuz greed is inside me.

G_plusone likes this.
  8. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

I think they underestimated the popularity of the 8 Series. Possibly a Covid manufacturing issue as well, couldn't make enough product due to shutdowns or reduced manufacturing capacity worldwide.

Lot of crossover between manufacturers and parts. Will have caused a major slowdown across the board. So between the 2,popularity and slow manufacturing the whole first half of this year will have been a pain in the rear end for OnePlus, supplier and customers.

Batman360 and G_plusone like this.
  9. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

I don't preorder anything, ever. I have patience and wait for the reviews, and not mickey mouse reviews, trusted reviews on sites I know well.

No one cheated, as I said in my previous post above Covid slowed everyone down, suppliers, manufacturers, and in OnePlus case, Popularity of the phone. It was a perfect storm. 2020 is a wipe out due to Covid.

Whatever age you are, you can cancel this year 2020 and be 1 year younger next year.

Patience is the key, you will understand as you get a bit older.

😎[e]1f44d[/e]

Batman360, G_plusone and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  10. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 10, 2020

I was joking in that single post dude 😋, I thought it was clear [e]1f602[/e].

Agreed, pre-ordering is just money wasting for me. I already shared my thoughts about that in the Nord pre-ordering thread. Nothing is revealed officially, only speculations here and there, however pre-orders are opened... People got T-Shirts of wrong size not being able to exchange.

Caomhin and G_plusone like this.
  11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 10, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Lol hahaha :D
    I wouldn't say they underestimated the demand but rather the supply was short due to supply and assembly constraints as you said.
    Agreed to your points

Caomhin and Batman360 like this.
  12. malidan
    Nougat Jul 10, 2020

malidan , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I've gotta say 10% improvment on CPU and GPU will just not be noticeable and the 5G band is just hype you will most likely never see the top end speed.
    If Asus don't tag the customer with the extra I'm in otherwise I'd just buy a SD865, the cash you will save will more than outweigh the miniscule performance difference.

G_plusone likes this.
  13. Caomhin
    Lollipop Jul 10, 2020

Yes 5G is over the top for now. But the rumoured specs look good for a mid to upper range phone. Let's wait till the release and reviews. Will tell a lot.

G_plusone likes this.
  14. malidan
    Nougat Jul 10, 2020

malidan , Jul 10, 2020 :
    The whole industry is down on sales and little OP have a increase in demand?

India-Premium-Smartphone-Segment-Q1-2020.png
    Sales are down according to this.

I keep hearing people say OP are ripping up trees but you never see any numbers.
    I have read the total number of shipments for India in 2019 was 152.2 million. I also read that OP sold just over 2 million in 2019, so I fail to see how they underestermate 3 months with of sale.