Snapdragon Sound is boosting phones and audio products with multi-dimensional optimization

1. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Mar 6, 2021

CosmicPaladin , Mar 6, 2021 :
    One of the things that sets the great products apart from the ordinary, is how well they are "optimized" for the specific experiences they are designed to deliver. And this isn't specific to smartphones but a whole lot of gadgets that we use. In the recent past, audio-related products have been pushing the limits – be it design, audio quality, sensitivity on the mic or calibrations for various genres.

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 3.51.01 PM.png
    PC: Qualcomm

Qualcomm has been at the forefront of that innovation, with Qualcomm® aptX™, aimed at improving the sound quality firing away from Bluetooth devices. And now, they bring more good news for the audiophiles – Snapdragon Sound, focused on wireless audio devices. These may be smartphones, Bluetooth speakers, eaphones/headphones, or pretty much any gadget that deals with audio and leverages Qualcomm/Snapdragon's platforms and technology.

Qualcomm-Snapdragon-Sound-slide.jpeg

Snapdragon Sounds goes beyond just calibration. Qualcomm has set up a dedicated lab in Taiwan to centralize all the activities on this initiative - that works on both the hardware and the software involved. Products are up through thorough testing to check their sound outputs, connectivity channels, stability on connectivity, and optimal power usage. Based on the tests, optimizations are made, and the products are branded with "Snapdragon Sound" - pushing the notion of a promising experience for the end-user.

If you want to test it out, you already can! Qualcomm has partnered with Amazon Music to have a curated playlist that goes by the name "The Snapdragon Sound", in what they also call Ultra HD Music.

Some popular brands of phone makers and audio products makers are on the way to bring the first smartphone and headphones that show the power of Snapdragon Sound

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 3.51.10 PM.png

For those of you that want the nitty-gritty, here are more details of the support:

Mobile/Smartphone foray:
    • Flagship Snapdragon 8-series mobile platforms
    • FastConnect 6900 wireless platform
    • Qualcomm’s ANC technology
    • aptX Voice & aptX Adaptive with 24-bit 96kHz Bluetooth playback and 89ms latency
    • Qualcomm’s Aqstic Hi-Fi DAC for up to 32-bit 384kHz playback
    Audio products foray with chipsets:
    • Qualcomm’s QCC514x
    • QCC515x
    • QCC3056-series
    I for one can't wait to experience these devices and fire away my Iron Maiden and Chemical Brothers tracks! And so will my mate @suhantm who, like me, fuels his life with tons of music :)

There's still no word on which OnePlus phones and wireless audio products will support Snapdragon Sound in the future with this partnership, but audiophiles out there, share your thoughts!

2. SRD.
    Lollipop Mar 6, 2021

3. BetiK
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2021

BetiK , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 6, 2021 :
    Let's wait and see.
    However I have been totally satisfied with my experience with Dolby Atmos installed on my OnePlus 7 Pro.
    I am very demanding in terms of sound, not in volume but in details of fidelity, so this system has given me a lot of satisfaction.
    I don't really know if the quality can get even better with this new feature.
    A lot of analysis needs to be done because the quality of the sound also depends on the conducting device I refer to the speakers, headphones or simply the speakers of the device.
    Anyway, everything that is to improve is always welcome. Thanks for the report.

4. MakB
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2021

buntycubal and northbay5566 like this.
  5. I_am_God
    Donut Mar 6, 2021

6. pkg3107
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2021

pkg3107 , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Mar 6, 2021 :
    Interesting... Can't wait to see the outcome in the future devices.

What's more interesting is the fact that it is a proper project, not just something to add on as a complimentary thing...

buntycubal and northbay5566 like this.
  7. JamesPlus8
    Eclair Mar 6, 2021

JamesPlus8 , via OnePlus 8 , Mar 6, 2021 :
    Snapdragon sound is crap. The separate dac in the headphones I had on my HTC 10 still beats the sound I get through my type C on OP8 ..that's 2016 Vs Snapdragon 2020. A dedicated audio dac will always beat the Snapdragon versions

8. Dr.Kishan
    Eclair Mar 6, 2021

Dr.Kishan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Mar 6, 2021 :
    Dude(OnePlus) when are you trying to improve your performance?
    I mean, photochrome camera is gone !
    The speaker sound sucks like never before, it takes almost 90% volume up which used to be around 50% !
    Way more camera issues, battery draining but yup let's discuss the Snapdragon sound & its effects on headphones....

rashid2822@ likes this.

McElectric likes this.
  11. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow Mar 6, 2021

KaranRIyer likes this.
  12. yash00012
    Gingerbread Mar 6, 2021

theprodigalson06 likes this.
  13. aftabshaikhzz
    Froyo Mar 6, 2021

14. ntquyet143
    Gingerbread Mar 6, 2021

I_am_God likes this.
  15. Sleekswing07
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2021

Sleekswing07 , via OnePlus 8 , Mar 6, 2021 :
    I don't think so any other brand like as samsung galaxy s20 ultra/iphone 12 and 12pro or 11max pro can beat oneplus 8/8pro/8T at stereo sound system and authentic oxygen os....
    Satisfied 💯 with oneplus support and special thanks for the royal community of oneplus.....
    Best wishes for upcoming futuristic invents .......

Trandjfj likes this.
  16. Santhosh_Ravi
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2021

17. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Mar 6, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 6, 2021 :
    I think the common user won't notice any difference since Today's sound delivery on phones and headphone is way better but the sound or music recorded on very expensive set up in studio gives different feel when listened on expensive studio quality headphones! But I would love to see what the they're upto!

Dibyanshu18, eastbay and Surlux like this.
  18. vinodvijayan
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2021

19. Drasm19
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2021

20. Navdeep_Malik
    Jelly Bean Mar 6, 2021

Navdeep_Malik , Mar 6, 2021 :
    I mean is this all about software optimization...or any hardware level optimization with speakers?