So basically 4.0.2 not exactly a success? or is it?

1. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ , Jan 30, 2017 :
    So, I have read multiple posts in context to our phone's performing post 4.0.2 update that now complain about the battery life, screen lags, audio and visual difficulties, so am only assuming that this update didn't really do justice to all the devices and their users. Even though a small step factory resetting could solve all the above issues, but, it returns!! After a few days of using the phone, these problems come back in some form or the other. So maybe another from Oneplus could sort these problems or do you think the next update will bring in a lot of fixes..? I only hope it should.. But as of now, this update is a lil controversial. [e]1f60a[/e]

2. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

EL Linko likes this.
  3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jan 30, 2017

toastytoast1234 , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Your thoughts are as fascinating as always.

4. laserjet
    Jelly Bean Jan 30, 2017

laserjet , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Great update.

Nougat is smooth as hell. No difficulties or problems here. OP should work on battery optimization though.

5. mohdrajab
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

mohdrajab , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Actually i updated to the latest 7.0 in my OnePlus 3 and when ever i try to download anything from play store, nothing happens. It shows downloading, but nothing gets downloaded. Help!!

6. OnePlus3is4
    Donut Jan 30, 2017

OnePlus3is4 , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Animations and videos have the majority of frames skipped, and the keyboard disappears, but only after it takes 5 seconds to register a keystroke. If I could rate the responsiveness I would go into the negatives.

7. F_Tony_DeMartino_hjHI
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 30, 2017

EL Linko likes this.
  8. OnePlus3is4
    Donut Jan 30, 2017

F_Edina_Pap_ycRr likes this.
  9. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

Hey... With the Google Playstore issue.. Kindly try these steps.. It did work me. I had a similar problem... So I spoke to the Google support and they were kind enough to mail me some troubleshooting steps. I can certainly help you with this.

Hi Sparsh,

Thank you for contacting For Google Support!

I recommend trying these basic troubleshooting steps:

Force a Google Server device check-in

Once you have forced stopped the app, you will want to make sure that your device is synced with the Google servers. To do this, use the following steps:

Navigate to Settings.

Scroll down to System, and touch Date & Time.

If the phone has the selected following choices, uncheck them:

Automatic Time Zone

Automatic Time Updates

Manually change the date and time, so they are incorrect.

Touch the Home Screen button.

In Settings scroll down to System, and touch Date & Time.

Manually change the date and time, so that they are correct.

Now select the boxes for Automatic Time Zone and Automatic Time Updates.

Clear the cache and data of the Play Store and Download Manager

Next, you will want to look into clearing the cache and data for the Download Manager and the Google Play Store. To do this, use the following steps:

Navigate to Settings.

Under "Device," touch Apps.

Swipe left until you see All at the top of the screen.

Scroll down, and touch Google Play Store.

Touch Clear data.

Touch the back arrow to return to the list of apps.

Select Download Manager and touch Clear data.

Relaunch the app.

Check that your device is supported

Next, check to make sure that your device is on the Supported devices list. If not, your device might not support the Play Store app, and you should contact the manufacturer.

Remove and re-add your Google account

If the issue persists, you can try removing and re-adding your Google account:

Note: This may delete settings and un-synced in-app content. However, your purchases and synced data (Gmail, Google contacts, etc.) are tied to your account and will be available after re-adding your account. Make sure you remember your account password because you'll need to log back in after re-adding your account.

Remove your account:

Go to Settings > Accounts > Google and tap the name of the account you wish to remove.

Tap More (three vertical dots) and Remove account. Tap Remove account again to confirm account removal.

Add your account back to your device:

Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account.

Select Google and enter your account information.

Restart your device

Press and hold the power button and tap "Power off" when it appears.

Once the phone powers off, press and hold the power button until the device powers on.

Try a different Internet connection

If you can access https://news.google.com with no issues, move on to the next step. If not, try the following:

Toggle Airplane mode on and then off again:

Go to Settings > Airplane mode. For some devices, you may need to navigate to Settings > More or Wireless & Networks > Airplane mode

Make sure that Airplane mode isn't selected. Toggle it on and then off again to reset connectivity

Switch from Wi-Fi to your cellular network, or vice-versa:

Turn off Wi-Fi to make sure you're using the cellular network

Turn on Airplane mode and enable Wi-Fi to make sure you're using a Wi-Fi network

Try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network.

Clear the cache and data of Google Play Services

Warning: Clearing the cache and data of Play Services can reset settings, affect app performance, and cause unpredictable behavior across the device.

To clear the Play Services cache and data:

Go to Settings.

Scroll down to the "Device" or “Phone” section, and tap Apps or Application Manager (depending on the device).

Tap the Menu button, and then tap Show system apps (for devices running Android versions earlier than 6.0, go to All instead).

Scroll down and tap the Google Play Services app.

If it doesn't appear, check Show all system apps and make sure that both Google Play Framework and Google Play Services are enabled.

If they are enabled, continue to the next step.

If they aren't enabled, download the Google Play Service from Play Store.

Tap Storage, and then Clear cache (devices running versions of Android older than 6.0 won't have to go to Storage first).

Tap Manage Space, then Clear All Data and Clear Data.

After following these steps, you should check the settings on your apps to ensure that they are still configured correctly.

Uninstall and reinstall Play Store updates

To revert the Play Store app to the previous version:

Go to Settings.

Tap Apps or Application manager (depending on the device).

Tap Google Play Store (depending on the device, you may need to go to All).

Tap on the menu button, and then Uninstall updates.

If the Uninstall updates button isn't available, skip the rest of this step and continue troubleshooting.

When prompted to change the Play Store app back to the factory version, tap OK.

Go back to the device's home screen and relaunch the Play Store. Your Play Store app should update to the latest version within a few minutes.

If the Play Store app doesn't update, tap on the menu button from within the app and go to Settings. Scroll down until you see Play Store Version. Tap on that to check for an update. If none is available, continue to the next step.

Reset your device

Based on what we've tried so far, the next step is to reset your device to its original factory state.

If you'd like help, contact us from another device and we'll walk you through it.

Before you start:

Make sure your device is fully charged and/or plugged in to its charger.

If you have an SD Card, remove it so information on the card won't be erased.

Make sure that you remember usernames and passwords for any accounts (Google or otherwise) on the device in case you need to enter it after the reset. Some phones may require you sign in with at least one previously logged in account before you set up your phone again.

You can backup your device using Google's online backup services or by connecting your device to a computer via USB.

Check that your Google contacts are backed up to your Google Account. If not, here's how to sync your contacts to Gmail.

Reset your device:

Go to Settings.

Find Backup & reset or Storage & reset. This may be in a section called Device, Personal, Phone Storage, Privacy, or Security.

Select Factory Data Reset. Confirm the selection if necessary.

Reload your apps and data:

Sign in to your device with the same Google Accounts you used previously.

Reinsert your SD card, if you have one.

Open the Google Play Store app.

Touch the Menu > My Apps > All.

Select an app you'd like to install, then touch Install or Enable.

After you sign in, the information stored in your Google Account will sync to your device. If previously set up, you'll need to re-enable your Play Store purchase protection and parental controls.

Other steps

You can also try our online troubleshooter.

If the previous steps have not solved the issue, reply to this email or call us according to the phone number listed here.

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!

Jayson

The Google Support Team

10. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

That's what I have been thinking about. To me, this device is awsum as hell, I guess the battery optimisation is where it's all lacking.. Moreover I don't even use battery hogging apps like Facebook and snapchat.... But once in a while my battery shows an inconsistent behavior.

F_Mukul_Verma_VJCt and laserjet like this.
  11. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

Okay...am not too aware with a lot of terms that they use here, lol, I guess my bad, but OB11 (Is it rooted by any chance).

12. G_matt_neill_FwkB
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

G_matt_neill_FwkB , Jan 30, 2017 :
    yeah it's been a big failure I'm on vacation ATM an the phone can't even make it through the day always have to turn it off for couple hours!even when my phone is in aeroplane mode android OS still eats up 2-5% of battery per hour constantly packets being sent an received

13. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

+1 to that.. I do feel that my keyboard responds and response time, basically it means the same thing lol, I have just seen it deteriorating with time.. So yes.. I do agree to frame rates and I have this device heating up too at times...

14. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

I have doing exactly the same thing. Seems like with the internal battery saver switched on it tends to run longer but when you compare the usability and phone standby, even with the battery saver on, the SOT for me remains around 3 hours mark at around 50%.. Even Greenify could not do much, of course saving some background data yes.!!

15. G_mohit_tewari_RTgQ
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

G_mohit_tewari_RTgQ , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Haven't u faced any difficulty while making online payments?
    I've not been able to make online payment since I updated my one plus three to nougat. Some applications have also stopped working like Amazon shopping app.

16. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

I have... I really have.. I am not able to buy apps on Google Playstore, Amazon and Zomato... Actually.. I thought of updating my system webview through apk mirror... That seem to have just done the job... Just try and download the apk and that should probably solve your gateway issues.. It did for me.

17. G_mohit_tewari_RTgQ
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

G_mohit_tewari_RTgQ , Jan 30, 2017 :
    I am also facing problem after updating to 4.0.2. Not being able to make online payment. I also contacted one plus support and got to know that there is a bug related to online payment in 4.0.2.
    Also few of my previous applications have also stopped working.

18. F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

Try downloading the system webview apk through apk mirror.

19. Zh_kilat
    Android Q Jan 30, 2017

Zh_kilat , Jan 30, 2017 :
    It might be a different story if 4.0.2 came preloaded in brand new phones ....

20. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2017

vintagetech , Jan 30, 2017 :
    Not all phones have had issues. Also, not all users have actually done the two things that could fix the problems they are complaining about... (the two things that fix update issues are (1) clear all program cache and reboot (2) factory reset your phone.)

I have *not* noticed any issues with the update to OxygenOS 4.0.0 via VPN and then the update to OxygenOS 4.0.2 not using the VPN. I reboot my phone once a day. I also periodically clear the app program cache and reboot.

As far as battery issues, I'm not sure I can say that is the update's fault or how I use my phone. I have two active SIMs in my phone all of the time. I have a lot of time when my phone's screen is on versus in doze mode. I keep Bluetooth on all of the time due to using the Garmin HR fitness tracker.

I have no clue as to the touch latency issues people are reporting. Allegedly it can take up to a second for the touch screen to respond to touch.... Okay, I'm thinking that the phone needs some time to respond to the touch and then complete the command... 1 second does not seem too out of the ordinary for me. Although, I have never actually timed any of my smartphones to see how long it takes for a touch on the screen results in an action being carried out. I have all of the animations turned off in the developer options and i have nova launcher prime set to faster than light animation. So, maybe animation is a factor in touch latency? Who knows... I have not noticed touch latency on my phone.

For me and my experience, OxygenOS 4.0.2 was a success.