So basically 4.0.2 not exactly a success? or is it?

1. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 30, 2017

F_Edina_Pap_ycRr likes this.
  2. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 30, 2017

geo07 , Jan 30, 2017 :
    In my oneplus 3, 4.0.2 works very well, not many things to complain about, if they can improve the battery life a bit it will be an extra plus! But as I can see every device reacts different to updates so it's hard to make conclusions...

3. Cyberkapil
    Donut Jan 30, 2017

4. Sachin Prakash
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

Sachin Prakash , Jan 30, 2017 :
    The new update for the android to the version 7.0 seems to drain battery early and have over heating problem.

5. JackFou
    Froyo Jan 30, 2017

JackFou , Jan 30, 2017 :
    I don't know why so many people apparently have issues with nougat. It works like a complete charm for me - I did however do a factory reset after the update.
    I'm kind of assuming most people who experience bugs didn't do the reset or have faulty units.

6. alvinjohn95
    Donut Jan 30, 2017

7. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2017

vintagetech , Jan 30, 2017 :
    I didn't do a factory reset after updating. I got the OxygenOS 4.0.0 via VPN on 12/31/2016 and the OxygenOS 4.0.2 by waiting for it to be available in my region. All I did after both updates was to immediately clear my all program cache and reboot. I always reboot my phone once a day. In addition. I periodically clear the all programs cache and reboot. Maybe that makes a difference? All I know is that I have not had any of the issues reported by some users.

I will be honest... I only do a factory reset if all other things fail to fix the problem. It takes me a week to fully personalize my phone because not all of my apps do not have an export/import settings option. I rarely use stock apps because they generally do not meet my needs - they are always missing one or more key features that I prefer my apps to have.

Sun90 likes this.
  8. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2017

1. Was your camera lens clean?

2. Did you try all modes to see which one the best?

I find that HQ is generally best for low light. I would also suggest you take advantage of the manual mode. There are manual mode settings that can ensure a good low light shot. Just search for good low light manual camera settings. There have been some articles posted by OnePlus users. You can also learn a little about photography while you are researching the low light camera settings.

sandeep21 likes this.
  9. Kriss_Singhania
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2017

Kriss_Singhania , Jan 30, 2017 :
    root ur phone and use modded Google play store from lucky patcher.. that's the one soln i found

10. Chitt Kapadia
    Eclair Jan 30, 2017

Chitt Kapadia , Jan 30, 2017 :
    yes I think you are right. alot of small things which they took in consideration while making OnePlus 3 are missing in this built. well I someone blame the company for it but not totally.

here is the reason why, OP3 was an actual success because they took a real good time to build this phone on the platform which was already out for months (Android 6.0). After the lunch Qualcomm unexpectedly launched another flagship chip which was about 15% then faster.

also, though OP3 being a fabulous mobile they lacked at higher storage capacity and battery along with processor which Google offer just a couple of months after OP3's release.

so far it was all good because soon after OP3, OnePlus started with OP3t based on OS Android 6.0

but entire thing went haywire when OnePlus way more them half way through OP3T and Nougat came out. So they had 2 flagship Mobile which they promised to treat as same and to fulfil the need of consumer they shoot an arrow in the dark that Android Nougat will be gifted as Christmas gift and will be delivered before New year. which they did.

now if you see the timeline OP3T hit the market in last week of November mean they might be working on it till first week of November.. which was Android 6.0

they had 5 months time to built the same OS which was use in earlier flagship. now they had to build an entire new built for 2 flagship in just 2 month and test it before it was released. that's why beta program came in handy.

so back to my original statement: I blame the company for not delivering a full product but what they have give us is just more then we can thank for.

at least our phone doesn't catch fire or our Nougat is not on hold (I am looking at you HTC).

in the top of everything, at least OnePlus listens to us and replace mistake as soon as possible.

Sun90 likes this.
  11. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2017

Wow! I'm not alone... I thought I was the only one experiencing those things immediately after the OxygenOS 4.0.2 update... Maybe we should open a forum thread where other people like us can share, blame OnePlus, and commiserate.

[e]1f609[/e]

Charliebull33 likes this.
  12. Achintya.
    Honeycomb Jan 30, 2017

Achintya. , Jan 30, 2017 :
    In my opinion it is definitely not a success. But there are a few perks that can help you with the issues. But overall, it is a good update but is not perfect just like everything in the universe.

13. csquance
    Donut Jan 30, 2017

csquance , Jan 30, 2017 :
    agreed. great update! just battery standby could be a bit better

14. shaiktauseef
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

15. G_matt_neill_FwkB
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2017

G_matt_neill_FwkB , Jan 31, 2017 :
    I had awful battery life up until today with android OS killing the battery!I was fiddling around through settings last night an seen I had wi-fi scanning turned on so I turned it off an I'm seeing a big difference today!so my phone constantly searching for wi-fi even when my wi-fi was off must have been the cause of the android OS not going to sleep

F_Sparsh_Bhatia_yUrJ likes this.
  16. Bhavesh Bhoir
    Donut Jan 31, 2017

Bhavesh Bhoir , Jan 31, 2017 :
    Battery optimizations plus main improvement i egaly want is camera improvement. While taking pictures it looks great bt after capturing pictures looks damn washed out. Please share my post people who agree

17. jim262
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2017

jim262 , Jan 31, 2017 :
    Complaining about battery is silly. A simple search will tell you everything there is to know. .

18. dpr.raj
    Cupcake Jan 31, 2017

dpr.raj , Jan 31, 2017 :
    post upgrade, once we are out of wifi or the network goes out and returns back, the handset doesnt take up mobile data automatically. have to swich off and restart to get the data back

19. G_matt_neill_FwkB
    Gingerbread Jan 31, 2017

G_matt_neill_FwkB , Jan 31, 2017 :
    I'm the opposite I'm on vacation ATM an so many pictures I take look awful at the time then when I go back to the hotel an look back on them they look pretty awesome!

20. amitssj
    Honeycomb Jan 31, 2017

amitssj , Jan 31, 2017 :
    yeah.. they sure have to work on battery optimization.... nougat is draining the battery like anything... they have to fix in their next update...