so called perfect.. not so perfect at all!

1. arashhsh
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2014

arashhsh , Dec 18, 2014 :
    everyone keeps saying its such a perfect phone and so on, but i really experienced differently.

to start with, my battery doesnt last 2 or 3 days as said by other opo owners. i must admit i use it a little bit more than normal.
    the lockscreen doesnt always work that smooth, its sometimes a bit laggy and doesnt get the numbers i put in as password to unlock the phone.
    the camera is grainy by the slightest lack of light. and when i record on 4K the video keeps lagging during recording. and when not recording movements with the camera makes the view through the camera washed away and shit.
    the apps sometimes get stuck or stop working even on the performance mode. and i have experienced the bootloop thing :( (turned out to be the battery not charging anymore on 0% (i got a fix for that)
    sometimes i have to call someone again because my voice is not heard by the other party.
    after 1 month of use the sandstone back cover gets a little worn off eventhough ive been pretty careful with it.

and some stuff i would have added to the phone would be fingerprint scanner, automatic image stabilizer and water proof case.

now some people might say you cant expect so much from a 300$ phone but no ... you got it wrong... its called the flagshipkiller! it has to be perfect!

all together i dont think its worth 10/10 but more like 6.5/10

PS: i do like the phone though.

Bricklay and windshear like this.
  2. jadecolour
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 18, 2014

3. wazbuzz
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2014

4. NaterTots
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2014

NaterTots , Dec 18, 2014 :
    Sorry you're not ecstatic with your purchase.

I'm very happy with it. But I don't think it's perfect either.
    Of course I don't know what my perfect device would be either.

5. leemartin
    Lollipop Dec 18, 2014

dr3am_r, netr0pa, bulk and 1 other person like this.
  6. jthe111
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2014

jthe111 , Dec 18, 2014 :
    There is talks about this for the next OP phone (currently trending the forums as the OPT). But I think some of the features you are requesting would have increased the price of the phone as those features were new even for the flagships at that time. We will need to wait until OP anounced their next phone but we can speculate, within reason of course.

7. carbine30
    Marshmallow Dec 18, 2014

carbine30 , Dec 18, 2014 :
    Experiences vary from user to another, it is still personal preferences, i like the phone, it's so good and value for money, never had any issues since i got it .

8. The Earl of Twatshire
    KitKat Dec 18, 2014

The Earl of Twatshire , Dec 18, 2014 :
    I too am ashamed to admit that my OnePlus One mobile telecommunication device has several errors. I am incredibly annoyed by these as for the immense amount of money I paid for the device I expected more.

Here are some of my observations of the device's failings.

• The device never wakes up to shrieking. I've always said that a gentleman never yells or shouts, but shrieking is perfectly acceptable. Many times have I been shrieking "DEVICE ON" for prolonged periods of time to no avail. Poor show.
    • The installed software does not do everything I expect of it. My imaginary butler stated that this was a smart phone. However, every time I demand a complex and difficult task from the device it fails. Why only the other day I demanded that the OnePlus One mobile device solve the "Goldbach Conjecture." Did it? Oh no, it just sat there in my imaginary butler's hand, with the calculator app on screen. Smart phone? I disagree wholeheartedly.
    • The device also refuses to compose complex preludes and concertos on request. I was standing on my boating lake the other day, attempting to examine the undergarments of a local stumpet. I commanded my butler to instruct my OnePlus One mobile device to compose me a romantic concerto to attempt to relieve the local hussy of her underwear. The tune it played? "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees. I was enraged.
    • The inability to plan interstellar journeys. The other day I was trying to calculate the trajectory of The Great Space Lizard in a attempt to understand why our Scaled Saviour has not come to earth to save us. I know that the Great Space Lizard was last spotted in the Horse Head Nebula. I asked my OnePlus One mobile telecommunication device to plot his course here to Earth. Again disappointment, this is clearly unacceptable.
    For the amount of money I paid for this device I was expecting a lot more than the good value, high performance mobile telecommunication device I received.

Outrageous.

lillanaa, 650GS, proxymetre and 46 others like this.
  9. Alphabuilders
    Froyo Dec 18, 2014

Alphabuilders , Dec 18, 2014 :
    To really be perfect I think all the things you said plus they should pay you $300 to own one, what do you think Arashhsh oh maybe plus $1 extra if you are from India?

10. MamaManka
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2014

MamaManka , Dec 18, 2014 :
    Did you try Camera FV-5 app? And try shootin in RAW :)

Sorry to hear that your OPO is not working as it should. My OPO works fine, no problems :)

11. simonc76
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2014

simonc76 , Dec 18, 2014 :
    Flash cyanhacker v2 ROM, super fast and extremely stable, all of your issues will go away I promise, or try liquidsmooth for lollipop.

Ceasedd likes this.
  12. riffraff81
    KitKat Dec 18, 2014

Ceasedd, iTrollz and sjketchen like this.
  13. api182

api182 , Dec 18, 2014 :
    You sure a dodgy delivery guy didn't switch it with a Clone at some point on it's travels to you?

Lol, sounds like the sort of problems you'd be having would only come from a cloned piece of sh1t...

14. craigos
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2014

craigos , Dec 18, 2014 :
    Definitely a different user experience from mine. No lags or issues with lock screen or boot loop. From this perspective, I can't complain. I will not call it a perfect phone because to be quite honest, I do not believe one exists.

dribfunk likes this.
  15. Garywehrle
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2014

Garywehrle , Dec 18, 2014 :
    You got a lemon. Mine does ALL those things.

zoesky, meimaguy, Ceasedd and 5 others like this.
  16. The Earl of Twatshire
    KitKat Dec 18, 2014

The Earl of Twatshire , Dec 18, 2014 :
    *shakes his fist to the sky*

Damn you OnePlus!! Damn you all to hell!!!!!

17. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Dec 18, 2014

geraldcortez , Dec 18, 2014 :
    That's why I don't use my OnePlus One as a daily driver.. it's not ready yet.. but who knows, things might change with CM12.

tomgadgets likes this.
  18. infinityplus1
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2014

infinityplus1 , Dec 18, 2014 :
    I've been underwhelmed by the phone too, yellow screen at bottom (does this really disappear with time?) and hissy/loud sound issues on ringtones & notifications. Moto Gs are half the price and don't have these issues.

tomgadgets likes this.
  19. CarDusan

CarDusan , Dec 18, 2014 :
    Sorry to hear you've experienced those issues. Master (Hard) reset is definitely recommended, and if you did that, did you try to roll back to previous OTA? If not, try that and see if there is any difference. Different OTA seem to have slightly different issues and rules out mostly hardware issues but points to SW problems and quirks.
    Is this a perfect phone? For the price IT IS! Flagship killer... well, I still think it is because if you'd like to share horror stories about quality of phones, I can share a great one about my iPhone horror story where between my wife and I we had our two iPhone 5 units replaced 7-8 times under apple care warranty; all HW issues. Nexus 6 story - I got that one for you as well: though it was only one single problem with it and that was Moto screwing up the screen / heck of a worse screen defects then yellow can ever be on OPO...

Anyhow, try those things and report back - you should see some difference.

Other advice would be: if you need 4k video, get a GoPro - don't expect any phone to perform so smoothly while recording that quality video... and if it's that important to you, try to find phone that does this great, and shell out 700-800$ USD :)

enggisfire and Cboyd104 like this.
  20. mkarkonis
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2014