So Here Starts My Nightmare With A DOA Phone As Well.....

1. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 19, 2014 :
    How about these ones?

https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/case1-jpg.48554/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/case2-jpg.48555/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/brushed-steel-jpg.48587/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/light-wood-jpg.48588/

2. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Oh sorry my bad just found out those are skins not cases :( And people advise against skinning the black standalone unit because of its texture, which makes sense.

3. larsu
    Gingerbread Sep 19, 2014

larsu , Sep 19, 2014 :
    np, i was just wondering that why did they look like that its done with paint.NET.. it might be just a plan, but not any real skins yet tho? I'm thinking of skinning this current case, probably with fire to get a burnt look or just painting with some cool, like these taggers which use spray paint.. something like it if i just can find a friend who has a propriet skillset for this small size.. or maybe with a small amount of wax .. possibility are endless.. it would be nice to try first something that can be reversed or covered with next project..

4. Deactivated User
    Sep 20, 2014

5. larsu
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

larsu , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Good point! I have taken this into account and i am willing to lose the money without loosing my head about it. I'm knowingly supporting a beta-stage phone which may be ready some day, or not! I dont have a lot of money but i can get by with much less. I used Samsung (galaxy?) Xcover as my daily phone for over 3-4 years. That is why i bought nexus 7 (16Gb, wifi) to deal with the "smart" part of phones. (i used wifi-hotspot on xcover to 'join' these 2 phone) and i still have both of them.

I was planning to get a phone which supported (for exampe Mahdi rom, which has very narrow support) but i would have to get it as used phone because there is no reason to buy a new phone and then break warranty by installing CM11/other similar rom. But i was unable to find any reasonable phone and buying/selling phone has the biggest risk here to get screwd if not done face-to-face

I'm pretty sure that your 'speech' wasnt meant for me. But this was the point that i was trying to make, partly at least. I dont like to give donations for opensource projects, but this is just perfect. I'm getting something in return.

Surely nobody will take it personally..

6. Naquadah
    Gingerbread Sep 27, 2014

Naquadah , Sep 27, 2014 :
    Sorry but you are making absolutely no sense to me at all, whatsoever.

Your whole argument IS based on "bashing" me for being angry, disappointed, let down and being jerked around for weeks and weeks and weeks. "oh I don't wanna be rude, but why buy a testing project, pay for it, and then get a DOA and ***** about it....", right? Or was there anything else there you tried to point out?

First of all, it's none of your damn business WHAT I buy or to what purpose, how much I paid for it or how.
    What the hell does that have anything to do with the fact that I received a DOA device and instead of having it swapped out immediately and get a functional device, a.k.a something that actually WORKS, I just got jerked around for 6 weeks with at least 10 totally unrelated and nonsense babbling BS replies from a couple of Chinese self-English-named online characters, who want to call themselves the CS team??

You don't get it, do you?
    The size of my pocket and the price of the device, nor whether I'm willing to pay for a first generation device or not using up all the money I've got....is MY personal decision only. Has nothing to do with you, your life, or how freaking many weeks you got to wait to get a new charger or whether your personal experience happened to be a satisfying one on that subject....or not.

I did't pay for a "testing" or "unfinished" project. Did I?
    Where the hell does it state for this smartphone being a testing project, only aimed at guinea pigs who are willing to lose all their money if needed without ever receiving at least a device they can power on ONCE, because this smartphone should be just a testing initiation with no expectations at all whatsoever to even hold at least for 6 months of use? Show me that information statement please...

Yeah, I had to sell off my last device the moment I got my invite to pay for this one. NEVER in the HELL did I imagine that I would receive a fake mock-up props. NEVER in HELL did I neither expect the CS to be a total joke. I don't understand your argument at all......so you mean, everyone ordering a 1+1 device should consider being conned or getting this only to "have fun" with it while it lasts??? And you then blame ME for making a fuss about it?!? You know, some of you guys for "not trying to be rude or anything" are really doing your best to be...just rude!

Let me give you another example....I own a pair of very much needed medical glasses to compensate for my nearsightedness. I HAVE to have a pair of glasses or I can not drive a car, I can not watch tv or function at all.
    And I can ONLY afford ONE pair of glasses because the frame + its optical glasses makes a pretty damn expensive combination where I live.
    So using the same argument you're making, maybe I should instead buy a second hand pair of glasses off eBay, since I might risk getting crappy CS when buying a more expensive one as new?!

Well I'm sorry but the Nokia was the only device I had as reserve, but I did not expect to get a DOA or non existent CS should trouble occur along the way. So far ALL I've seen from this foney CS team has been a total freaking joke. They've been playing with me from day one. AND THAT IS NOT OKAY REGARDLESS WHETHER I WOULD HAVE PAID $1 FOR ANY SMARTPHONE BRAND OR $1200 FOR AN IPHONE 6 PLUS.

I would have been just fine waiting for a new device for a couple of weeks, sure, np....all this company would have needed to do had been showing some kind of respect to me as a paying customer and taking proper responsibility right from the start and taking my problem seriously, as me too am a paying customer....but nooooo..........instead I get "pay EUR 147 for a touch screen repair, your choice" and then "pay EUR 200 for motherboard repair, your choice" instead of getting proper HELP from the CS team who instead should have immediately picked up the faulty one and sent me a new one......and that, takes it to a new level. As I stated earlier...not everyone has enough deep pockets to have several devices ready at hand to replace each other if needed....

If the above are my cards to play with, then I start to ***** and moan about it as loudly and heavily as possible, just for everyone else to hear about it. You can bet your a$$ on it that I do.

----------------

UPDATE: 9/26/14
    I totally ignored 1+1 last request to withdraw my Paypal claim so that I might be able to have the DOA device picked up (NOTE! CS never gave me a date to when that would happen) and finally decided to use my Paypal claim to pack and send the DEAD lifeless bastard back to where it came from. I submitted the tracking information to Paypal and now am just crossing my fingers to get my refund.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

7. larsu
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2014

larsu , Sep 28, 2014 :
    Try to apply for a RMA code for broken customer service that they have :) you have all the material to back it up and in the end you got nothing in return for the service as a customer.. just paste the same text what they wrote to you with little comments... "where is this leading with the DOA device" etc.. hopefully you'd get the RMA and there would be just some bot trying to offer "new screen for 147e for boken customer service, willing to accept?" ... i'd like to see that in black&white :)

do you think that you'r going for new one?

8. WilsonThai12
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2014

WilsonThai12 , Sep 28, 2014 :
    For a company trying to promote their first phone they are giving such a bad representation and first impression of their customer support. They don't have a toll free number to contact a customer service representative which limits you to only one source (e-mail) of contacting them. They usually take about one week to answer you. People with little patience and anxiety, it's going to be hard for you if you're having problems with your phone (me).

Here is my story: It has been over three weeks now when I first ordered the phone. I made a mistake with the postal code but everything else on my shipping address was correct. So I wanted to change it before they my complete order and ship it to the wrong place. I called PayPal and I asked them if One Plus has already received my payment or not. They have received it but they seem to be in sort of confusion with that process. I e-mailed One Plus and told them about my issue so they can help me fix it. They changed it and said that they are forwarding this issue with their payment team. By the way, I still don't have a tracking number so it's causing me even more anxiety. The reason that I'm buying a new phone was because I dropped my old one and it doesn't work anymore.

superchinook likes this.
  9. Delbossco
    Gingerbread Nov 2, 2014

Delbossco , Nov 2, 2014 :
    Hi friends
    I unpack new phone. Only download new updates. I download only one aplication viber. Change only alarm to 5:30. At the morning my phone not wake up :( back side of the phone is very very hot at the top of the phone :( I thought that my phone explodes :( only cca 3 time white led blinking ... thats all, phone is death ... Please help me ...

I try procedure 24/12 : 24h in charger after that 12h leave without touch, 5 times without any result :( phone is death ...

Power, volume down, .... nothing works

10. xbenbox
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2014

11. b.duterme
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2014

b.duterme , Nov 3, 2014 :
    Would be nice to know if you finally get your refund? :)

Delbossco likes this.