So... I saw an eBay auction for an OPO invite, so sad.

1. dabigloosa
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

dabigloosa , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Don't see anything wrong when selling an invite.
    Nevertheless I would split it up, share one or two here, sell one or two there. Why not?
    Some people outside of the forums would be happy to buy if they want. Also when nobody on FB or G+ wants one, sharing them here and selling them... Does not have anything to do being greedy, just using the possibilities that are given ^^

Jimit Shah and Kevinu21 like this.
  2. Kevinu21
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

Kevinu21 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I just got my phone on Friday from someone I found on Craigslist. I paid a bit more but the way I saw it was like this....... I needed a phone, I wanted a specific phone, needed it now (then), the person saw an opportunity to earn a bit of money so he did. More than anything I paid for the convenience, which I gladly paid. I think buying an invite is the same concept.
    I would rather give my money to a person than a carrier. He was basically a retailer making a little under 40 dollars in profit..... Eh.....

flynnsarcade and dabigloosa like this.
  3. Kevinu21
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

On a side note........ I LOVE LOVE love my phone. I'm amazed at how awesome it is and I appreciate it so much..... a little toooo much but it's freaking awesome!

flynnsarcade, JvZeijst and dabigloosa like this.
  4. JvZeijst
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

JvZeijst , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Exactly! selling an invite well preferably not, but hey the more oneplus are on the face of the earth, the better isn't it! maybe the guy needed the money we dont know, spending a few dollars more and actually helping both sides, is fine in my eyes! not sure i would do it, selling it or buying it, but i already got my opo twice..so easy for me to talk!

We also see people standing inline ready to blast out another 7/8/900$ over something like an iphone, a 349+additional 20/30 usd seems a great deal to me, and for the fact its a fricking "Oneplus One"!!

flynnsarcade and Kevinu21 like this.
  5. riffraff81
    KitKat Sep 22, 2014

6. Kevinu21
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

It's not just 349$ there's a shipping fee as well.
    I'll admit I was sketchy about the purchase and if ANYTHING seemed off I would have cancelled the deal. Like you, I probably wouldn't sell the invites either, I'd just give them away. I feel like my time is too valuable to be spent trying to earn 20 dollars when it's better to give it to back to the community and encourage a better community. Everyone just has different priorities lol

JvZeijst likes this.
  7. JvZeijst
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

JvZeijst , Sep 22, 2014 :
    well still like you spend around 400usd, still the opo is way more worth than that therefore an amazing deal and phone to get! lets not forget its a 64gb phone able to do anything!!

sorry for your time being to valuable , cause if you had more, i am sure something like a moga power hero would be right up your sleeve! store a shipload of iso and games on there, and go!

still it would make a good powerbank aswell, to cover up the fact its addicting!;)

8. peterchoi
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

9. maroofisonfire
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

maroofisonfire , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Can I report someone who offered to sell me his invite(s)?

This guy is expecting to pay for college by trying to sell me and others an invite.

10. AxelF07
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

AxelF07 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    If some people are ok to pay 100$ for a free invite, I can sadly understand that guys sell them...
    I personally got mine after 2-3 days looking at the "invites" forum...

11. shuffy10
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014

12. owenjames22
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

owenjames22 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I bought my invite off eBay after spending a few days searching for invite. Wanted the phone so paid £20 about $35 for an invite. Best money I've spent.

Now got 3 invites put 1 on eBay to recoup my money and got other 2 to give to friends/family.

Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. If there's a market for it, it will sell.

flynnsarcade likes this.
  13. corchea
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

corchea , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Yesterday, a guy of this forum tried to sell out an invite to me..... and other ppl. So sad people are involved in these trades for twenty or thirty bucks.

14. pablo3x6
    Froyo Sep 22, 2014

pablo3x6 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    You are here only for 10 days. I was here less than a month, 6hrs straight watching reddit, twitter, forums, and facebook for giveaways. After 6hrs a guy from india gave me my invite. What im trying to say, u have to be active (Your rank is Cupcake) to get an invite here. I saw people waiting for month or two. Luckily, i got an invite.

15. malidan
    Nougat Sep 22, 2014

malidan , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Well whats £10 compared to waiting months. There is always someone who wants it now.

flynnsarcade likes this.
  16. pablo3x6
    Froyo Sep 22, 2014

pablo3x6 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Its all based on your luck.

17. mrcs_jolly
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

mrcs_jolly , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I mean buy the invite, redeem it, and give away the 3 invites that u get from OP after purchasing the device.

18. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

flynnsarcade , Sep 22, 2014 :
    So, six hours of straight activity (which is much less time than most have spent trying to get an invite, I am sure). What do you have to say to someone that spent $40 to avoid all of that borax? $40/6 = $6.67 per hour. Good deal if you ask me.

I was fortunate enough to be an early forum member, and didn't have to wait long to get an invitation from OnePlus. But if I wasn't in that situation, I would have just paid $20-$50 for an invite to avoid having to beg / jump through hoops / become someone's prank money for an invite. I value my time.

[​IMG]

19. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2014

flynnsarcade , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Opportunistic might be a better word, in this case.

20. Danny17
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2014