So I won one of the instagram Giveaways, but I have read in past threads OP ends up sending nothing via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. G1631375921379
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2021

G1631375921379 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Hi! So i got my hopes up to high when I was announced I won one of the prizes for the Instagram Giveaway, but I've read in previous threads that ends up being a scam, is that true? Has anyone experienced something similar?
    Should I just wait or...?

2. Bobbie63
    Nougat Dec 2, 2021

Bobbie63 , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Well if you got the message from Oneplus that you've won, I think it'll be all OK. However and now I'm not sure, I think in the past there have been fake messages of people winning something bit again, I'm not sure.

@BeingIncog, can I pick you mind here, do you remember fake winner announcements?

RacerZ likes this.
  3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Dec 2, 2021

YRJ , Dec 2, 2021 :
    There have been delays in the past, yes. Where no messages or replies were sent after the first one.

Just to be sure, did you receive the DM from the official verified OnePlus account?

RacerZ and Tokolozi like this.
  4. RacerZ
    Lollipop Dec 2, 2021

RacerZ , Dec 2, 2021 :
    I can attest that if you won something from OnePlus USA, you will receive it. I've won a backpack and, more recently, a Buds Pro. They will DM you for your contact info. Be on the lookout for a DM from OnePlus_USA. Oh, and congrats!

jontalk, Chazaqanav and Bobbie63 like this.
  5. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2021

jontalk , Dec 15, 2021 :
    Congrats! Always best to NEVER doubt in spite of what others state. So happy to hear someone in the US was a winner too!

6. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2021

GuitarBart , Dec 15, 2021 :
    I've won both on twitter and on the forums. In both cases received my thermos bottle and Buds Z so if you're messaged from an official account it should be good. Congrats :)

7. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jan 8, 2022

The1Lion , Jan 8, 2022 :
    I won on Twitter and received a OP9. For me, they contacted me and I gave them my info a d a few weeks later had my phone. For a friend here on the forums that won a OP9 Pro, it took a lot longer for him to receive his phone.