So, let's talk about Oneplus Customer Support...

1. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 24, 2021

Mr. BG , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Hello there! :)

Ever got the feeling Customer Support isn't up to spec? It can be far worse apparently...

Are you a long time member, or, regardless, are you helpful, ever get the idea that YOU might be Customer Support? Without getting paid that is... The Community has always been helpful,

It is often said here that the Community isn't CS. On the other hand, I can recollect problems where CS simply referred to the community when they couldn't solve the customers problem.

I would really like your opinion on what should be done to keep this Community from going under in an ever growing user base and demand for support.

Or is there no problem?

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 24, 2021

Dresa91 , Jun 24, 2021 :
    • Remove the support section,…this indicates that your can find paid support (official support) here…
    • Implement a filter or a label which guides users to the official support when they want to create „support ticket“.
    • Improve the paid support (official support) :D

3. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 24, 2021

Tobikage , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Start with.....Make everyone who joined in 2014 a MOD :rolleyes: and immunity from warnings obviously

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 24, 2021

Dresa91 , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Or: forward every support request to @Pete :rolleyes:

5. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jun 24, 2021

6. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jun 24, 2021

BeingIncog , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

7. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 24, 2021

Tobikage , Jun 24, 2021 :
    So....you recollect a few hours ago ? ;)

8. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Maybe the terminology “Customer Support” should be made clear first. For me the whole OnePlus “CS” department is unclear as well as their goal.

as for “Or is there no problem”…….. from whose perspective?

B_Wrath, Tokolozi, Tobikage and 5 others like this.
  9. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Thanks, but no thanks...

Max. I'm old, remember? :D

Oh...

Please clarify if you will ;)

Why do you always make things complicated :rolleyes:

10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jun 24, 2021 :
    I can’t as I don’t know. Maybe some OnePlus staff member will be able to do so. Hell, maybe they even have a mission statement?:rolleyes:

now do I? There might be two different, even opposing goals, depending from whose perspective you look upon things.

11. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

McJader , Jun 24, 2021 :
    On a thread creating spree, are we, old man?:p
    • On topic: In my rather-unimportant opinion, majority of threads are asking for something to be fixed. These are the threads that need to stop. How to stop them? Something for OnePlus to think about.
    • Some of the users, who understand that this is a user forum, are asking for suggestions or have basic questions about different functions in their device.And from what I've observed, majority of us are ready to help these category of people. Atleast I am.
    • Another unpopular opinion: OnePlus Support will never be as knowledgeable as some of the users here. OnePlus Support isn't made of tech enthusiasts. It is made of rather low-skilled individuals knowing very little about technology.OnePlus Support won't be able to tell a user how to access the 64MP mode in the Nord CE. Here's what I think their response would be: "It is already in 64MP" or "Clear cache of camera and restart your device". Will OnePlus improve this: I doubt it. But they should.
    (I might've missed something, will edit my post if I remember:p)

12. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

McJader , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Doesn't matter much TBH, it's no fun being on the good side of the forum law:p

puccellino, Mr. BG, Tobikage and 3 others like this.
  13. Does!Compute
    KitKat Jun 24, 2021

Does!Compute , Jun 24, 2021 :
    You're preaching to the choir ;)

puccellino, pkg3107, Mr. BG and 4 others like this.
  14. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

The1Lion , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Back in the OPO days many said unless you were a developer, you shouldn't buy the phone. I would always say you needed to be technically inclined to own a OnePlus phone in the early days because you were not going to get support and scheduling it via TeamViewer didn't always work (as in my case).
    I remember sending my OPO back and the run around I had to go through before the RMA was received and still remember I had stored my charging cable back in the box with the dead phone prior and left it there when the phone was sent back. The replacement was not a new phone but a refurb and it did not have a charge cable. I asked if they would send me one and they said no, but I could buy one from them :rolleyes:

I can only hope the CS has improved. Thankfully I haven't had to use it recently. ;)

The community always had helpful people to assist and even entire threads dedicated to unlocking, rooting and installing custom ROMs. There's still some of that but not as much, or perhaps it's drowned out by the "where's my update" followed by "this update broke my phone" and the "shame on OnePlus" threads :D

pkg3107, KaranRIyer, Tobikage and 6 others like this.
  15. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 24, 2021

pkg3107, KaranRIyer, Tobikage and 4 others like this.
  16. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Jun 24, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Agreed! 💯

The unpaid community is the real support system of OnePlus while those who are getting paid as CS are unhelpful.

Also, the Moderators are doing a great job to serve the community and providing real resolution to the problems faced by a average Joe.

There is a huge problem in OnePlus CS system which top brass of OnePlus team refuses to acknowledge. They are definitely going to bear the brunt in the long run perspective.

Nope!
    I had a very bad experience with the CS in the past couple of days. So, i can definitely say that improvement in a CS is a myth.

Also, it's not bad in one region or one country. It's bad everywhere.

pkg3107, KaranRIyer, Tobikage and 6 others like this.
  17. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Jun 24, 2021 :
    Stating the obvious, are we, kiddo :D

Maybe, but will we get an answer?

Tobikage, Tokolozi, Bobbie63 and 3 others like this.
  18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jun 24, 2021

YRJ , Jun 24, 2021 :
    It is the sad reality of the forums but also a compliment in itself. To think that professionally trained, competent employees fail to fix issues that helpful folks solve within minutes of a thread going live speaks volumes about how tech savvy this small group of users are. To be honest, when I fked up my OnePlus 5 back in 2017 I had no hopes of logging off work with a working phone in my hand. CS had already tried and the only solution was to visit the service center. But thanks to the folks here I wasn't disappointed, in less than an hour my issue was solved. That's one of the reasons why I stayed. So I probably wouldn't change a thing, I believe it's something that sets this community apart.

I however do wish that the efforts of users who actively help around are recognised and rightfully rewarded.

I also hope that cs gets better but I believe in the community more than I do in CS so there's that :D

19. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

pkg3107, KaranRIyer, Tokolozi and 5 others like this.
  20. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jun 24, 2021

KaranRIyer, Tokolozi, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.