Software Diffrence Between T-Mobile and Unlocked models?

1. therussiann
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

therussiann , Nov 3, 2018 :
    From what I have read and understand even after you unlock the sim, then unlock the bootloader with a token. You still will not be able to install the OnePlus updates? Do I understand that correctly?

Metstang likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 3, 2018

toastytoast1234 , Nov 3, 2018 :
    From what I've seen here, your videos must be amazingly informative & entertaining.

Colinm428 likes this.
  3. Metstang
    Donut Nov 3, 2018

Metstang , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Supposedly, T-Mobile has "Tuned" the modem on their model to optimize performance on their 600MHz band.

4. djkinetic
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

djkinetic , Nov 3, 2018 :

therussiann

From what I have read and understand even after you unlock the sim, then unlock the bootloader with a token. You still will not be able to install the OnePlus updates? Do I understand that correctly?​

yes until the bootloader is unlocked we have no way of knowing if we can flash the global version rom straight away..I'm gonna say no we won't.. more likely it will require modifications and Port work.. OnePlus has stated officially that the tmo variant is a specific version that isn't the same as the global hardw6.

lkosova

Like what....? Single sim and updates where known factors if you researched the product a bit. I know that it is on P 9.0 and not 9.3/4 yet So there is some camera software not active yet But what customization are you taking about .​

one feature I can think of is smart boost another is customizing the finger print ring so when u hold it down u can drag and quick launch apps from lock screen and ambient display

judging by so many of the questions that have been asked regarding the tmo variant of the 6t it seems like this is the first time many users are attempting to unlock their bootloader..if u have ever had a Nexus pixel htc or previous OnePlus device this all should be standard fare and not unexpected..one plus unlock token request procedure is exactly how htc unlocked their phones for years.

lkosova likes this.
  5. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2018

samprocat , Nov 3, 2018 :
    That is just a way to make believe people that 600 mhz is more optimised by Tmobile branded phone's
    Example
    LG V30 one of the first phones that are capable on 600 mhz .....
    vs One+ 6
    I have better reception on all frequencies including 600 mhz on One+ 6 than my girlfriend LG V30.
    And this test was conducted with LTE Discovery app .
    Where in instance LG V30 when it hook on 600 mhz and loose connection it will take couple minutes to hook on another frequency vs One+ 6 will do this instantly if there is other frequencies.
    So I personally believe that people that have designed hardware for modern and have modem tuned exactly the way it should work is light years above any tuning that carrier is ever capable to accomplish.

6. Lloydbm4
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

Lloydbm4 , Nov 3, 2018 :
    LOL. I'd love to know how they "tuned" the modem to optimize receiving band 71? Is that like "tuning" an old iPhone 4S screen so it magically becomes a "liquid retina display"? :rolleyes:

Jason0071 likes this.
  7. Metstang
    Donut Nov 3, 2018

Metstang , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Don't kill the messenger. Android Central posted it in this article.

https://www-androidcentral-com.cdn....fferences-between-unlocked-and-t-mobile-model

lkosova likes this.
  8. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2018

Don't you get it. All Cell providers have Magicians and they make you believe that certified phones are working better....... why? .... Be cause they hire team's of Magic skilled people.

Lloydbm4 likes this.
  9. Jason0071
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

Jason0071 , Nov 3, 2018 :
    It seems that for the duration of my time owning a t-mobile 6t variant I'll be waiting for t-mobile to certify updates. I don't like that idea. I think I'm returning mine.

10. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2018

1541279291972.jpg
    Here is modem and kernel version that someone wants to compare to the One+ 6T.
    This is T-Mobile 6T version

11. twincity
    Donut Nov 3, 2018

twincity , Nov 3, 2018 :
    The T-Mobile one has oxygen os 9.0 and One Plus has 9.0.4. I don't get it! We now don't get features that is one the One Plus version. why do this. Disappointing

12. Bombeev
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

Bombeev , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I feel your pain

13. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2018

If any of you have True One+ 6T can you post Kernel and modem picture... please.
    I'm still waiting for my One+ 6T

14. rservello
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

rservello , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Well, since "liquid retina" is just a lame marketing term... Sure

15. Lloydbm4
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

Lloydbm4 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    It's not disappointing. You have the choice to buy T-Mobile's version or the normal unlocked version from One+. You chose to get the T-Mobile variant (and I'm guessing you traded in a phone and got the 6T for $249.) Yet, you are "disappointed" because you have to wait to get updates from T-Mobile now? It amazes me how entitled some people act.

Madskills843 likes this.
  16. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 4, 2018

samprocat , Nov 4, 2018 :
    I have one from T Mobile for one of my buddies that develop kustom kernel for One+ 6T ..... it is a gift...
    So far what I'm hearing this phone will be capable to flash full One+ official build....so stay tuned on XDA Forums

Bombeev likes this.
  17. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 4, 2018

Next generation will have hard set on the Motherboard that will be impossible to crack without modified Kernel and software....
    So enjoy your freedom on T-Mobile One+ 6T .....it will be taken away.

18. samprocat
    Honeycomb Nov 4, 2018

Franco is already working for One+ 6 Pie kernel
    And screen latency is amazing.
    Also with all other battery optimization that come from a Master Kernel creator that keeps Root Society happy.

19. ozgur781sen
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

ozgur781sen , Nov 4, 2018 :
    I was able to unlock mine the same day I purchased it via the T-Mobile Unlock app. The 40 days requirement didn't seem to apply with my number even though I financed it so it's still not paid off completely.

20. army_13f
    Honeycomb Nov 4, 2018

army_13f , Nov 4, 2018 :
    I doubt it. It will be network unlocked, but it won't change what model it is or where it gets the updates from.