Software Feature Reveal: Optimized Charging

1. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 16, 2020 :
    How good it works or how it works? There is a pretty decent description in the first post.
    Your sleep pattern should be learnt and it will learn when you get out of bed. If you set the clock it should be finished before the alarm sets of. In the future it should manage to learn more complex patterns regardless of knowing when you set the alarm.

2. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 16, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 16, 2020 :
    If you go to bed with 81% for example and connect to charger .... It can ask if you wish to continue charging or not. Don't remember the exact words it used (I was in that situation once so I know that it happens - or atlesst DID once). This question could be standard for about 3 seconds. No respons means using optimized charge. Click yes and you top it of to 100 strait away. If connecting below 80 it might just need a minor reformulation.
    This would however mean that we may need some kind of Manual or AI mode option. Or possible offer manual override but ask differnt questions based on the AI learned patterns. At work, at home, during sleep hours and so on.

Jimbo the Great likes this.
  3. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 16, 2020

Jimbo the Great , Mar 16, 2020 :
    A Manual option would be decent, I know it can enabled and disabled, but maybe a slightly more granular breakdown of how you want it "Optimized."

Granted, at some point we would likely be making it less optimized... but it is our phone.

This may be a good time to add the option some people are discussing... which would be stop at 80% until manually triggered to top off.

4. Godfather 1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2020

5. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 21, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Problem may lie in that many with never go above 80% and think that is the best thing to do at all times. Unless background optimization is not moved to 80% instead of 100% those users will get poorly optimized devices and more drain than normal and extra lag.
    I have basically accepted that there is no solution that makes everyone happy. And even if it gets so advanced that it can be configured at every detail to tailor it for every people needs someone will misunderstand it and configure it so badly that they complain for that reason.
    Maybe even add a slider with configuration levels from Toddler to Android GOD to unlock the appropriate configuration level... But that would not stop users from thinking they need GOD level and we are back to square one with complaints and missunderstandings.

The end result will need to be some kind of compromise that makes the bigger crowd happy while still keeping the company vision on how it is supposed to function.

6. Jimbo the Great

Jimbo the Great , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Agreed... I would likely stay in toddler mode... I was mostly thinking about other people.

Not to mention I soft brick my phone at least once a month playing with some rom... I don't have time to go back in and configure all the God-Mode options everytime anyway.
    [e]1f601[/e]

7. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 21, 2020

I'm myself in a inner conflict. I want to mess around doing stuff like Lineage OS and root tools and so on... But at the same time use Beta channel and untouched system to replicate issues and help out the best way possible here. So I basically need 2 phones or more to do the stuff I want 😋

8. Jimbo the Great

Just reflash back to stock and relock your boot loader after you're done....

Return to factory recovery. Wipe, flash... wipe.... ADB oem lock... (if you want to go all the way back)

Back up all your stuff to cloud constantly so you can blow it up and go back to a functioning device quickly.

Then you can test whatever you want.

9. Swejuggalo
    KitKat Mar 21, 2020

True... But sometimes it can get you stuck and you never WANT to go back [e]1f609[/e] So I try to avoid the temptations

10. Jimbo the Great

Also agreed.

well.. if you look around you can find great deals on used phones... if you're that dedicated... just get a burner phone to play with different roms. There is also a sale on the 6T right now.

11. O1585319667392 , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 27, 2020 :
    one plus is future phone and very power full 855 processr and display size largest display having this mobile best battery power full and past charging this mobile best photography phone cmera is honestly and evolution andnot revolution and 16 December market coming the company was engulfed in the Market as soon as it arrived my old phone redmi 7s very very bad condition mobile low performance and hang problem and good condition battery condition goood my best my mobile only one condition is best my old phone

12. megoshopping
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2020

megoshopping , Mar 27, 2020 :
    when will this feature be available? if so, which version of the OS?

13. Ajikdevadas
    Froyo Apr 6, 2020

14. bagufix
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2020

bagufix , Apr 8, 2020 :
    what if i dont use alarms? and i dont sleep with my oneplus?

15. Godfather 1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2020

16. Ajikdevadas
    Froyo Apr 16, 2020

Ajikdevadas , Apr 16, 2020 :
    i am using op7
    still its not there

17. AI_Syndicate
    Donut Apr 17, 2020

18. Ajikdevadas
    Froyo Apr 17, 2020

19. Matthius__
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2020

Matthius__ , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Please can you implement an manual toggle to simply stop all charging at 80 percent? This would be great to see and useful to those who don't want to overcharge but don't leave their phone on overnight but may leave it wired or wireless charging for some time.

P1580262094623 and Orfen like this.