Software Feature Reveal: Optimized Charging

1. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Dec 3, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 3, 2020 :
    I go to bed slightly different times. I work 6-15 Monday to Thursday on week. And 14-23 the other week. And every second weekend 6-14. With on the call duty around the clock every 8th week so I'll never know when I can sleep then. Random extra days and changes of schedule. Still it does not stop for me.

I use bedtime mode and wireless charger.

2. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Dec 5, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 5, 2020 :
    How long are you planing to use the phone? How much routine and tricks are you willing to try?
    There are some benefits of 100% too.... And some negative sides of disconnecting and connecting more often

3. SARA@123
    Cupcake Dec 9, 2020

4. Raz124
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2020

Raz124 , Dec 30, 2020 :
    So I very recently had a long phone discussion with OnePlus UK support, who claim that with the update to Oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 the Optimised Charging function has now changed completely from that described in this thread (i.e. pauses at 80% and resumes to get to 100% some time before the user wakes up).

According to the OnePlus representative, apparently the new behaviour is that the phone charges to 100% but then 'stops' and the battery is not charged further. I asked the representative how exactly I would know that this new behaviour is actually happening - he said that there would be no notifications and that I would have to take it entirely on trust. I pointed out that the reason I had called in the first place was that for months I've been unable to get Optimised Charging working on my phone (have tried Oxygen 10 and 11 including beta variants) - I'm struggling to trust OnePlus on this issue.

Has anyone else been told this by OnePlus?

Alternatively, has anyone else installed the latest update (11.0.2.2) and found that the 'old' optimised charging behaviour (pauses at 80% with notification, then continues to 100% before awaking) is working as it should? I just don't trust that the behaviour has been changed without there being some confirmation either way from others without a vested interest (think the representative just wanted me to get off the phone).

Many thanks.

5. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Dec 30, 2020

Swejuggalo , Dec 30, 2020 :
    That guy might need some eduction or look for a other job 😛
    Logged from beta 5 with GSam.
    Screenshot_20201230-224229.jpg

GregoryGPT likes this.
  6. Raz124
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2020

Raz124 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Dec 31, 2020 :
    Thanks for confirming what I thought. The OnePlus representative also said that optimised charging would only work if no apps are set to run in background (not optimised). Seems somewhat reductive/restrictive to me - either you can have optimised charging OR you can have your apps working properly. They just don't seem to know what the problem is not how to fix it.

Can I ask whether the chart you shared is with your phone updated to 11.0.2.2? Thanks again.

7. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Dec 31, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 8 Pro Ultramarine Blue , Dec 31, 2020 :
    I'm pretty sure both beta 5 (my version) and 11.0.2.2 should act the same in this regard. Beta 5 is also approx 1 month newer than 11.0.2.2.
    However... Some claim their optimized charging fails after some time.
    I have not been able to replicate such behavior. It always does the best it can to predict my wake up time or adapt to my alarm time.

Attached Files:

Raz124 likes this.
  8. SHAHARIAR_ARAF
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2021

SHAHARIAR_ARAF , Jan 25, 2021 :

9. Joshua nunn
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2021 at 7:22 AM

A_dino likes this.