Software Features I Would Love to See on OnePlus TVs

1. Moka69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2021

Moka69 , Sep 17, 2021 :
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Hello everyone! We have seen so many major software improvements on OnePlus TVs with the latest being able to transfer photos from phone to TV by just tapping on NFC Part of Remote. There are some cool features on our TVs like the content curator app OxygenPlay, Camera App, Kids Mode, Data Saver Plus, Connect App on Mobile and Watch, etc. However, there will always be a room for further development and in this post, I will share some of the ideas for software features that I had in mind for a while.

• ZenMode for TV
    We all are now familiar with the ZenMode and use it often while preparing for exams, reading a novel, doing a focus-intensive task, etc. We also have used it for Group Zen Sessions with our community friends and have earned badges for the same. Now, I think it is time to bring this exciting feature to OnePlus TVs. Once brought, it opens up a whole new way of using the feature on big screens. We can put it on during the early morning meditation/yoga sessions, can bring us some peace of mind with those lively animations during stressed times, I can also think of a new aquarium theme where a live animation of fishes going around with noises of water. Man! I already feel so relaxed just by writing about them, imagine how it would be if such an update comes to TV.
    • Video Calling on TV
    As you might be aware, OnePlus has a TV Camera under its belt and the number of use cases of that accessory can be counted upon fingertips. Using it for taking group family selfies from the in-built camera app is the only use case I found useful. For video calling feature, I tried using the only available app, Google Duo, but that experience isn't any pleasant. Firstly, the resolution of the camera is limited to 720p (or is it 480p?) on this app and the picture looks too pixelated for a 4K display. Thus, I hope for OnePlus to build a partnership with Google and optimize this experience for OnePlus TVs or build a custom video calling app for OnePlus Ecosystem, that they are desperate for.
    • Widgets on TV
    Not sure how many use widgets for phones on a regular basis, they can be quite helpful. The best example is the google tile and clock tile we all use by default on the mobile home screen. Imagine having this feature for TVs, the possibilities are endless. You can have a look at weather information on TV or gave a glimpse of your user dashboard without having to switch between the apps. As I said, there are endless ideas for widgets and Do let me know what kind of widgets do you want to see on the TV.
    • Virtual Gaming Controller
    Many of us love gaming on mobiles and PCs, but there are plenty of games on TV Playstore too which can be played for relaxing and fun. However, it is quite difficult and boring to play them using the conventional TV remote. So, it will be better if we can see a virtual gaming controller on OnePlus Connect App for one to play TV games using mobile. Haptic experience can guide our fingers through the mobile display and a simple 4 button layout with a circular key will do the job for most of the games.

So, that's it from my side and please add up your suggestions too which you want to be included in this list and hope they all make it to the TV one day!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 20, 2021

Venky61 , Sep 20, 2021 :
    Nice work with the header :)

Zenmode in TV if Animations are good, they can make good Video Screensavers IMO with good white noises keeping aside how actual Zen it can create..

Video calling app from OnePlus is a Big NO. Because for a video calling app you want the other side person to have it too. Even with Google Duo it still isn't a preferred video calling either by family/friends nor business. So my preference would be to have a choice of Apps (which again isn;t in the hands of OnePlus). But I do believe that we will your dream of having a better Video calling experience on TV in coming years. We are in Transition period.

Gaming Controller will be a great attraction.

Widgets are again a restriction from Google Eco System IMO but may be something would be possible with people using OnePlus phones I guess.

S1632219703501 and Moka69 like this.
  3. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 22, 2021

Starcommander , Sep 22, 2021 :
    Yes. That's a part of Samsung TV but the implementation isn't that good.

Moka69 likes this.
  4. Moka69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2021

Moka69 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 23, 2021 :
    So, Will it show both White Noises and animations or is it different on Samsung?

Starcommander likes this.
  5. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 23, 2021

Starcommander , Sep 23, 2021 :
    There are total of 10 presets with white noise and animations.
    Screenshot_20210923-130525.jpg
    The TV's brightness is reduced and borders become like a window frame.
    The sensors become active and if no one is in the room, the TV turns off. I like the animation and sound but I don't like the process to trigger this mode.

Moka69 likes this.
  6. Moka69

Woow, it sounds soo cool!
    Triggering is only through mobile app?

7. Starcommander

We have a dedicated button on Samsung remote to trigger it. But there is no way to automatically start it 😅

Moka69 likes this.
  8. Moka69

Lol. Having a direct physical button and still you're complaining 😂
    Any ideas you have for automatic triggering? Like based on what

9. Starcommander

Like Screensaver. The firestick shows some cool pictures after a while. If the TV is on and no content is being played and motion sensor detects a human in vicinity, it can either turn on ambient mode or turn off display. Auto power off time is scheduled after 4 hours.

Moka69 likes this.
  10. Moka69

@Venky61 If such feature is present in Samsung TV, you can try asking team to bring similar one for us too. As Commander was saying, we can have Screensaver like sounds too ✨

11. sai Likhith reddy
    Donut Sep 30, 2021

sai Likhith reddy , Sep 30, 2021 :
    Good work with the header man! It will be fun to add the Zen Mode to the TVs as well, not for restricting the usage activity but to give white noises only as you mentioned.