Software Support for OP3/3T: Questions & Answers.

1. malidan Marshmallow Aug 11, 2017

malidan, Aug 11, 2017 :
    How you doing with those security patches;)

nope1nope, Sun90 and patrice58 like this.
  2. leveskockaa Honeycomb Aug 11, 2017

leveskockaa, Aug 11, 2017 :
    The 3/3T came with Marshmallow, it got Nougat, and it's going to get Android O. No P or Q or S officially.
    Calm down, this is no big deal.
    When I purchased the phone, I knew it was going to see two major updates, two new Android versions. This is how it's done. Calm down. P or whatever you want to run on your phone will surely be available through custom ROMs. What did you expect in today's smartphone market ? A phone which gets updates forever ?
    This is planned obsolescence, and it's not going to change anytime soon, because people like to go to the store, and they like to purchase new gadgets.
    Those who are worried about the 3/3T getting a half-baked O - let's wait and see, let's hope it's not that way.

3. mr_priyanshu Jelly Bean Aug 11, 2017

4. Vidnomenon Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

Vidnomenon, Aug 11, 2017 :
    @dsmonteiro implied that the OP3T will stop receiving security patches before the two-year milestone.

My response was an argument to the contrary given that security patches don't stop with every major release. So we might get Android O by April (or even earlier) but that doesn't mean that security patches will stop then.

Hope that cleared things up

5. varma246 KitKat Aug 11, 2017

Sun90, zoestar and zoran81 like this.
  6. Rodriguezz Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

Rodriguezz, Aug 11, 2017 :
    At least bring to the 3T ALL the proven to be working features from the Beta releases. You have 60 Closed Beta testers and an "infinite" # of Open Beta testers. As it is now, it looks that the Beta updates are just a way for you to get away with the responsability of dealing with issues at a larger scale, but, the results speak for themselves, the Open Beta features work, and MUST be part of the next stable release. That´s a way of valueing your customers and give some grace and new life to a product soon to be abandoned.

On another note, why don´t you hand the camera blobs and the related procesing software to XDA developers? Since you´re going to ditch the 3T, at least leave the lights on.

7. fschallenberg Froyo Aug 11, 2017

fschallenberg, Aug 11, 2017 :
    that is exactly what you bought into. OnePlus made it clear at release that the 3T gets the same updates as the 3 (which means the 3T gets that half a year less)

malidan likes this.
  8. malidan Marshmallow Aug 11, 2017

malidan, Aug 11, 2017 :
    That is correct to a point. The OEMS have all pulled their socks up and are now supporting their device a little more.
    LG G4 has seen 2
    Note 5 has seen 2
    HTC M9 has seen 2
    The S6 is about to see 2
    Moto X is about to see 2
    Etc
    OP kicked off very well with Cyanogen, but apart from bug fixes these days not much updating is going on.
    The beta program I don't understand, when I hear people saying they have been waiting 6 months for a beta feature:confused:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

Sun90, achibula and leveskockaa like this.
  9. MachoRambo Honeycomb Aug 11, 2017

MachoRambo, Aug 11, 2017 :
    Thanks for answeringmost of the queries raised by OP3/3T users. But really android O is last? Why? You gave 6GB saying it will be future proof and when hardware is future proof, you only have to support us with Software updates. The entire package both Hardware and Software together is future proof. There's no point having just the hardware when full potential can be unlocked only with better software.

You use 3/3T users to test and tweak for OP5. That's ok but please support 3/3T users too. December 2018 would be 2 years so we should get Android P update too and security patches for 3 years that too monthly not quarterly or half yearly. Hope you don't do the same thing that you did with OP2 users.

We trust and believe you can do much much better. @Carl @David

G_Kees_Goes_lkuU, ihonize and redvw like this.
  10. MachoRambo Honeycomb Aug 11, 2017

MachoRambo, Aug 11, 2017 :
    Thanks for answeringmost of the queries raised by OP3/3T users. But really android O is last? Why? You gave 6GB saying it will be future proof and when hardware is future proof, you only have to support us with Software updates. The entire package both Hardware and Software together is future proof. There's no point having just the hardware when full potential can be unlocked only with better software.

You use 3/3T users to test and tweak for OP5. That's ok but please support 3/3T users too. December 2018 would be 2 years so we should get Android P update too and security patches for 3 years that too monthly not quarterly or half yearly. Hope you don't do the same thing that you did with OP2 users.

We trust and believe you can do much much better. @Carl @Tony L. @Oliver Z. @David Y.

11. nen3i Honeycomb Aug 11, 2017

nen3i, Aug 11, 2017 :
    thanks for the update, i can't wait to see the 4.5 version on my 3T

12. Himalaya Dave Honeycomb Aug 11, 2017

Himalaya Dave, Aug 11, 2017 :
    Exactly !

13. Himalaya Dave Honeycomb Aug 11, 2017

Himalaya Dave, Aug 11, 2017 :
    Then you can probably download the Open Beta Update Right Now .

14. malidan Marshmallow Aug 11, 2017

malidan, Aug 11, 2017 :
    If you think your device is future proof because of 6gb of ram think again, you've been conned.

My LG G2 runs N with no issues and I can play any game I want to play and that's a 2013 2Gb SD 800.
    No one ever said it was future proof and here we are 4 years later;)

I have had no issue in 4 years with this device, several people have loaned it in an emergency and it has comeback to me still doing the business.

The quality of your device is more important than the hype that made you buy it.:D

boxer333, Sun90, MachoRambo and 3 others like this.
  15. Transcendant Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

Transcendant, Aug 11, 2017 :
    back stabbers... WTH do you mean the last update? Gonna look into linage OS them but OP3 Will be my last phone from you guys.

The_Rock90, ihonize and achibula like this.
  16. Chitresh Shrivastava Gingerbread Aug 11, 2017

achibula likes this.
  17. Tantulcil Eclair Aug 11, 2017

Tantulcil, Aug 11, 2017 :
    OnePlus support like 2 models right now: 3/3T with their unified kernel and 5.
    And is still incapable of giving decent support for those.

ROTFL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017

Transcendant, Krix07, ihonize and 5 others like this.
  18. pietrasa Froyo Aug 11, 2017

ihonize and Arun Sharma like this.
  19. 0xelectron Donut Aug 11, 2017

Oliver Z. likes this.
  20. achibula Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2017

achibula, Aug 11, 2017 :
    Already did the same.

ihonize and peaky blinders like this.