Software Support for OP3/3T: Questions & Answers.

1. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2017

yawarkhalid , Sep 1, 2017 :
    I'm just glad they aspire to update it to Oreo as well. Unlike OP2. Fingers crossed for Oreo. [e]1f602[/e]

2. rohitpillaii
    Froyo Sep 1, 2017

rohitpillaii , Sep 1, 2017 :
    I hope you heard the story of Lamborghini?! huh?
    Even unrealistic dreams come true !
    and this is just a Request!

3. BEARZINGA
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2017

BEARZINGA , Sep 1, 2017 :
    Tech companies usually tend to keep moving forward.

So OnePlus saying Oreo is the last OS they're going to give the 3/3T users makes sense.

Why waste time on old products that they're not selling anymore when they can put all their effort in the current and future products.

Also I have a 3T... Once they stop giving OTA updates for it that's when I root my device and move to another OS that's supporting the 3T

4. varma246
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2017

varma246 , Sep 1, 2017 :
    That tells the whole story

Nope....Not all

2 major updates, that's all you need to know.
    You've been reported.

5. meatandy
    Oreo Sep 1, 2017

meatandy , Sep 1, 2017 :
    Hitting like won't do anything but re-enforce
    your lil' ego.

And I'm not upset about anything.

6. leo98918
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 1, 2017

leo98918 , Sep 1, 2017 :
    "Mom and dad, I won't fail at anything ever!"
    *5 minutes later* Fails at life.

NOTHING is ever future proof, it's ashamed that you even think so. Also, they could have had a different term of future proof. Future proof hardware? Future proof software? Future proof design? Future proof fingerprint sensor?

You guys expect this one device the be the last device you'll ever want and need. Sorry, but it's not like that.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who actually enjoys the device and isn't hell bent on some childish things.

Do I WANT this device to get EVERY SINGLE update that Google releases? Yes, but I know that won't happen. Not even Google's own devices lasted more than 2 years with official support. I wouldn't expect that from a 3rd party OEM if Google wouldn't do it.

Do I want this phone to have all the best features? Yes, but I did my research as to what this phone will have and what other phones do have and are coming out with. I made my choice, I knew what kind of device I was getting into.

If you went based off of the words, "future proof", you my friend, are very gullible.

This phone has made it through 2 big updates, Marshmellow, Nougat, and soon to be 3 with Oreo.

I call that a success. Not even sure if Google's own devices made it through 3 big updates. Even Samsung has done it with their Galaxy S2, amazing.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017

7. Blade2565
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2017

Blade2565 , Sep 1, 2017 :
    Can you count, don't count on it, promises they made easy to be broken.... would be surprised if they ever release a security update for the op2, op2 & op3t user, if they upgrade to Oreo we already very lucky, personally my 3t was my last phone of OP (OPPO), big fan now very dissappointed fan...

rp_rohit likes this.
  8. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Sep 1, 2017

SoniaB , Sep 1, 2017 :
    I have edited your post and thread merged. Please note that like farming is not allowed. Also, I do not see the point in your own thread when you could have just posted feedback in this one.

Finally, as per the start post. OnePlus confirmed that Oreo will be the last major update for OP3/3T but that it will continue to get updates between now and then and then in the foreseeable future after Oreo. It will not get Android P.

People liking your post is not going to change what they have confirmed.

9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Sep 1, 2017

Bobbie63 , Sep 1, 2017 :
    Guess those 3 likes won't reinforce anything, let alone his ego. :confused:

And I'm not upset either.

10. zoestar
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2017

zoestar , Sep 1, 2017 :
    ????? :D OMG!!!!
    Maybe "The story of technology".....I guess.
    I'm sorry, you should go back to school.

Bobbie63, Sun90 and varma246 like this.
  11. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Sep 2, 2017

Sun90 , Sep 2, 2017 :
    cc7f52c8e2bd30986a1cba4b1b067d91--teacher-funnies-teacher-quotes.jpg

rp_rohit, asasione, Bobbie63 and 4 others like this.
  12. Deepak sharma01
    Eclair Sep 2, 2017

rp_rohit likes this.
  13. tabuk panggeng
    Eclair Sep 2, 2017

tabuk panggeng , Sep 2, 2017 :
    Within less than year my OP 3T will become a bygone relic; from flagship killer to a Liability even though I love the phone very much.

OnePlus should provide minimum two year software support.

rp_rohit likes this.
  14. vgupta1192
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2017

vgupta1192 , Sep 2, 2017 :
    they will provide support until the end of this year atleast after that carl knows

15. arsyed04
    Eclair Sep 2, 2017

arsyed04 , Sep 2, 2017 :
    After android O, things will be better. Vendor updates and official android updates are getting on different channels.

16. Petjitsu
    KitKat Sep 2, 2017

Petjitsu , Sep 2, 2017 :
    I recommend reading
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/software-support-for-op3-3t-questions-answers.599122/

Sun90 likes this.
  17. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Sep 2, 2017

camohan , Sep 2, 2017 :
    Thread merged.
    OnePlus will provide Android updates till O.
    There after they will continue to provide updates in terms of security patches and also will support its individual app.
    I think Oneplus 3/t has lot of time to become liability.

Sun90 likes this.
  18. vgupta1192
    Gingerbread Sep 2, 2017

19. G_Faisal_ShdI
    Eclair Sep 3, 2017

G_Faisal_ShdI , Sep 3, 2017 :
    honestly, I really don't care about getting an Android P update. I'll just flash paranoid or something.

asasione and TheSpoken like this.
  20. G_Marco_Jungbluth_tOPq
    Donut Sep 3, 2017

G_Marco_Jungbluth_tOPq , Sep 3, 2017 :
    You can easily flash custom roms? Even the oneplus one get Android Oreo with custom roms.

asasione likes this.