Software Update Excitement Thread

1. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 10, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 10, 2019 :
    1554884237966.jpg

Bro I told you don't mess around here giving explanations. Read post 11 in this thread first and second see this screenshot. Be good what you are at. You don't need updates, fine. I now understand that you're a supporter so this thread is not for you. So please it's a request, don't waste time here, go find a Squirrel friend. I really don't have time and energy to argue with you. Goodbye and Happy Squirrel friend finding. [e]1f601[/e]

elfarhan likes this.
  2. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 10, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 10, 2019 :
    So, stalk much? Don't you think it is creepy?
    You keep on saying you don't have time, still you end up replying to me. So, are you lying?
    You can't put up valid points for your arguments, so you think you'll go on personal attacks? Don't even think about it. You'll be put down.

sommersy likes this.
  3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 10, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh sick burn!!!

I can't believe you mentioned the squirrels, you absolute madman.

sommersy, theshinybeast and B_Wrath like this.
  4. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Apr 10, 2019

dsmonteiro, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Sorry, but this is simply not true and it never was. Beta builds are a completely separate software branch and always released more often than the stable one.

Also, as @B_Wrath pointed out, the schedule is indicative. It's OnePlus goal towards software updates. As explained before here on the forums. Updates need to go through certification before being released. This means that delays may occur.

Finally, updates should be released when they are ready and not to fit a specific timeframe.

Neddard and B_Wrath like this.
  5. Tobikage Marshmallow Apr 10, 2019

Tobikage, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Your posts and dedication to cross referencing his posts elsewhere says otherwise.

B_Wrath likes this.
  6. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 10, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Few don't understand the concept of logic:D

Tobikage likes this.
  7. IonutC Eclair Apr 10, 2019

8. Neddard KitKat Apr 10, 2019

Matt 80 likes this.
  9. IonutC Eclair Apr 10, 2019

IonutC, Apr 10, 2019 :
    First of all hello to you rude person, second of all, to state the obvious :) I don't know your wareabouts but in the EU we have strict rules but, thank you for questioning my reasons though, I hope it is explanatory. Third of all this is the Google policy in effect and still relevant. Any other questions that I can clarify dear ?

10. Neddard KitKat Apr 10, 2019

Neddard, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Where to start...
    First: "rude"? Hmmm, no. Matter-of-fact straightforward question.
    Second: Since all you did was post a link, along with a negative-tone hashtag (which doesn't work here because it's not social media), your purpose seems pretty apparent.
    Third: I scanned the article, and regardless of how little gravitas I think The Verge has, this stands out:
    Screenshot_20190410-182358_1.jpg
    So, if you wanted to bolster your argument/post, you might have at least tried to list which OnePlus devices have not received at least 4 security patch updates in their first 365 days, and further did not receive at least one more from day 366 through day 730. And no, I don't already know the answer, but it is not me stating "neveragain".
    Fourth: It is a public forum. There are no guarantees that you'll not get replies you don't like. Thick skin helps.

Good Luck.

Matt 80 likes this.
  11. IonutC Eclair Apr 10, 2019

IonutC, Apr 10, 2019 :
    Hello again,

as you are entitled to your opinion, I believe that I am entitled to one as well.... when it comes to thick skin, I sure have I darling, no worries. My ducking old Nokia 8 has the latest security patch on and believe it or not it retails at around 180£ / 200€. For a company with a handful of headsets on the market, OP shold invest more in the quality and timely implementation of security patches not like the bullsh*t that they are constantly selling us. So please darling, spare me the drama and move on. xoxo P.S. anyone want a OP6T in the UK ? # neveragain

Cheers !

1554937022349.jpg

12. Neddard KitKat Apr 11, 2019

Neddard, Apr 11, 2019 :
    I've posted no drama, and unlike you, I've used no obscenities, veiled or otherwise. And... the only opinion I posted was my lack of care for anything The Verge "reports".

Less than 20 total posts, and you're crusading.
    Good luck in the forum...

Matt 80 likes this.
  13. G_Muhammad_Fathedin_pygV Eclair Apr 11, 2019

14. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 11, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 11, 2019 :
    Forget Pie. 3/3T will be the first one to receive Q, even before OP 7? Cheers!

15. G_Muhammad_Fathedin_pygV Eclair Apr 12, 2019

G_Muhammad_Fathedin_pygV, Apr 12, 2019 :
    i think oneplus is delaying android p for 3t because they want oneplus 6t to get android q first!
    they do not want to have both devices 6t and 3t on same android!

16. prasannaraja2 Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

17. eye842 KitKat Apr 12, 2019

eye842, Apr 12, 2019 :
    OP6/OP6t won't get Android Q until Q4.

Matt 80 likes this.
  18. Matt 80 KitKat Apr 12, 2019

Matt 80, Apr 12, 2019 :
    Why would oneplus not want 6t and 3t on the same version of android? Your assumption makes no sense.

eye842 likes this.
  19. DenyDarko Honeycomb Apr 12, 2019

DenyDarko, Apr 12, 2019 :
    I'm not gonna say anything regarding the delay of the update as we don't (yet) know what are we gonna get.

If we're gonna get a 9.0.5 with just the upstream security patches from Google, the delay sucks big (BIG) time as it's a routine process.

If they're (finally) merging beta features on stable (and/or relevant actual changes), it's more complicated and a delay can be excused and it's kinda justified.

20. mlulic Gingerbread Apr 12, 2019

mlulic, Apr 12, 2019 :
    OFF TOPIC:
    Post count has nothing to do with anything. A person can be 110% correct and in full right to say what ever he/she wants with only 3 posts; that just means the person doesn't write 24/7 and discussing on forums (maybe only reading and lurking). A member with 3k posts can have all 3k in spam section. Why would that person's 3k post count be improtant at all?