Software Update Excitement Thread

1. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 14, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 14, 2019 :
    Didn't you understand what I said? I'm not defending OP. I'm just saying they are within the schedule. And you claimed Samsung has latest patch, I said they didn't give the full patch.
    Again, shout all you want. But have the decency to understand what others are explaining instead of insulting them.
    By the way, this is a public forum. Anybody can join any conversation, you want private conversations, use PM.

Neddard and buntycubal like this.
  2. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 14, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 14, 2019 :
    Let's wait and see when the updates are released.

3. johncd3141 Froyo Apr 14, 2019

johncd3141, Apr 14, 2019 :
    Since the mods are closing new threads whenever people complain about the lack of security patch updates and point to this "excitement" thread, let me express my disappointment here.
    Updating in mid February to only the January 01 security patch level was chicken shit. If OnePlus had updated to the February security patch my new 6T wouldn't be showing a red warning on the Security and Lock Screen page of Settings.

Having the current version of their phone more than 90 days out from the current security patch doesn't match up with the promise of bi-monthly security updates.

I no longer feel like I can recommend OnePlus phones to those looking for a strong usable phone (not a flagship, just a phone usable in the modern business environment).

OnePlus, why are you letting us down? My 3T was hopelessly waiting for an update (promised last summer, but still to arrive) and I was forced to get a new phone. Unfortunately I bought a 6T and found myself in the same place yet again.

4. Karan_Odedra Eclair Apr 14, 2019

5. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 14, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 14, 2019 :
    Agreed. It's # NeverAgain for me... I was not a big OP fan but did a try with OP6. It was cool till Nov last year with timely updates etc but since December, it's been no more than begging for updates. And there are people who argue that OP is just doing fine but fail to see the reality.

6. elfarhan Cupcake Apr 14, 2019

elfarhan, Apr 14, 2019 :
    Oneplus is already late on their schedule and three months behind on security patches. This just isn't acceptable.
    And the company wants you to think they listen.
    Sure Oneplus's customers here opening threads and complaining about the late update don't really know what they want, so it's ok to shut them up, to not listen and to not issue a statement. Am I right? After all the company's slogan is NeverSettle. Great job Oneplus...

Y1534166802237 and nitinjadhav like this.
  7. G_Akil_Akku_wxCx Donut Apr 14, 2019

G_Akil_Akku_wxCx, Apr 14, 2019 :
    hi team, there was no update(stable update) after January security patch Samsung had done with April security patch which was also came last year.kindly update cycle continuously provide to better user experience

nitinjadhav likes this.
  8. IonutC Eclair Apr 14, 2019

IonutC, Apr 14, 2019 :
    To be honest it might be that they are working on OP 7 and everything falls behind but this is very very bad. It starts to look a lot like Pebble smartwatch scenario when they announced new cool things, then they couldn't deliver and sold the business to Fitbit :) OP team, maybe it's time for you to follow this pattern and hand over to someone who knows that the customers make you what you are ? It might come as a bold thing to say from a guy with no interactions on the forum but frankly it looks like you got never out of neversettle and just settled. You have a fair device and software for the money but you lack in listening although you are boasting that you do. Security comes first for us and the rest, if it doesn't work properly, I think we can manage third party apps.

nitinjadhav likes this.
  9. nitinjadhav Donut Apr 14, 2019

nitinjadhav, Apr 14, 2019 :
    yup ,OP not full filling their promises about updates.
    At least they should releases security patches timely.

Now, they are only focusing on me mobile. Everything other issues are lagging behind.

If this attitude remains than no one go for one plus, people choose One plus because timelyclean OS, OS updates and security updates.
    Same hardware now available with other brands too now.

More and more Android one program phone is coming in market now days.

Very disappointed with one plus...!!

10. SasaX Donut Apr 14, 2019

SasaX, Apr 14, 2019 :
    LOLLLLLLLLLL [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]
    Dear @OnePlus please release a update for our forum member, she is quite frustrated and she is starting to act out!! She gets like this when she does not get what she wants, or when is that time of the month!
    So please OnePlus, do us all a big favor and and give us that release, so we can all get some satisfaction!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2019

Daniel Muresan RO likes this.
  11. Mondkalb Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

Mondkalb, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Guys, please, use your brain and stop complaining!
    OnePlus is about to release the OP 7 very soon, so you can't expect them to have the full focus and personal resources on making updates for the OP 6 & OP 6T. That's absolutely normal and nothing we can change.
    I own a OP 6 and yes, I know the update will come. I know the security patch level will be from March. So please, be patient and don't start threads like "OMG update in April released and still March security patch level".

12. DenyDarko Honeycomb Apr 15, 2019

DenyDarko, Apr 15, 2019 :
    It's all fun and games when you organize a contest or announcing a product/service, but when someone has to apologize for something that went wrong (maybe justified, that's not the point of my post), then "this is just a community forum and OnePlus doesn't see the comments".

Isn't that right @David Y. ?

PS: At this point you have to apologize to your poor moderators too who are spending their time closings "where is my OTA" threads.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

13. nitinjadhav Donut Apr 15, 2019

nitinjadhav, Apr 15, 2019 :
    True. If people don't care about their updates, then they shouldn't be here. they should stay away from forums.
    Because we spent money for this mobile, then they should provide updates as per promises.

And those who don't care for updates then don't bother to justify wrong things, Stay away.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

Y1534166802237 and UsmanP like this.
  14. G_akash_r_ktZs Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

G_akash_r_ktZs, Apr 15, 2019 :
    As generation is going for 4G VOLTE fastly. and device like these should get an update to support dual standby so that user gets comfortable with the device. Now medium priced phones have the updates of dual standby so that where the premium phones not.

please give an update, so that we can use the dual standby.

15. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Apr 15, 2019

camohan, Apr 15, 2019 :
    Fun fact : dual volte requires necessary hardware.

Neddard likes this.
  16. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 16, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 16, 2019 :

SasaX

LOLLLLLLLLLL [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]
    Dear @OnePlus please release a update for our forum member, she is quite frustrated and she is starting to act out!! She gets like this when she does not get what she wants, or when is that time of the month!
    So please OnePlus, do us all a big favor and and give us that release, so we can all get some satisfaction!​

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019

17. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 16, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Kiddo, You still have a lot to learn. Please enjoy the show. Its only been 3 months you're a member.

18. Neddard KitKat Apr 16, 2019

Neddard, Apr 16, 2019 :
    That person has been a member since 2015. Far longer than 3 months.

By comparison, you're the noob. :rolleyes:

SasaX likes this.
  19. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 16, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Well thank you for covering for him, like others do for you. I don't really care how long he's been here but what I know is he still doesn't know the difference between a he and a she, so he's a Kiddo for me. And FYI, Neddards and junkyards also look the same to me.

SasaX and nitinjadhav like this.
  20. Neddard KitKat Apr 16, 2019

Neddard, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Not covering for anyone. Simply correcting your error. If you're going to be a troll, at least be an accurate troll.

Now, you're on Ignore.