Software Update Excitement Thread

1. Vibhs45 Froyo Apr 16, 2019

Vibhs45, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Not sure how much longer you have been here kiddo, but I really feel like I might have a kid of your age. Anyways, your apology is accepted, so suck nipple and enjoy the cartoons drinking milk.

SasaX and nitinjadhav like this.
  2. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019

Trevor.Hawkes, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Tentative guidelines!
    No battery draining problems on Samsung!

REEEAAALLY ???
    Please check the wording on the maintenance schedule.
    Please go check the Samsung forums.

3. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 16, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 16, 2019 :
    You meant to quote me or was that a mistake?

4. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019

Yes, perhap I was a little blunt, sorry, but OnePlus have got to me with this schedule. I am a fan of OnePlus.I have five of their phones and I think they are great and so is the software.
    As far as I was concerned they did no wrong until they realease that damn schedule and then stopped delivering what it promised. Couple that with the complete lack of information from them on the forum, the removal of the headset jack, the on screen FP reader and now the apparent release of a device with a ,"pop up selfie camera " and I feel embarrassed for thinking the were so great.

macemoneta, SasaX and elfarhan like this.
  5. B_Wrath Lollipop Apr 16, 2019

B_Wrath, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Of course oneplus is treading on fine margins now and I am also not happy about the jack and the pop up.

But on the forum front, the staff are doing an excellent job. At least I'm happy with what David, Ruby and Crystal are doing to keep the community feel respected and involved. Do note, these three are communicating whatever they know. In an organization, you can't expect anyone to know everything.

On the update schedule front, I have seen them slip up only a couple of times. The pie for 3/T was a major slip though. They should have at least got security patches. Other than that, I don't think they are doing anything wrong. And again, they didn't promise any timeline adherence. They just shared the guidelines they set for themselves.

elfarhan and Daniel Muresan RO like this.
  6. Trevor.Hawkes Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019

I think the situation with the 3 is very bad. Not the pie side of it, software takes the time it takes that's a given but the bimonthly security part was on the schedule and, to my knowledge, no one from OnePlus has commented on that. I was over the moon when that schedule was put up. It meant OnePlus had grown up and joined the real mobile industry. Only to have it stumble at the first hurdle.
    I am sorry but there is nothing to suggest the schedule is only their guideline. It lays down exactly what is to happen and tells us that it's effective immediately.

SasaX and elfarhan like this.
  7. nitinjadhav Donut Apr 16, 2019

nitinjadhav, Apr 16, 2019 :
    What a rubbish going on here. Targeting one person and talking about morale and ethics about forum.. Wow...! !

And we here because we brought OP device mostly for regular updates and clean OS,

FYI check Nokia and other android one program Mobile they get regular security updates.

so called moderator or other self declared moderator/ community ethics committee, If you know about features updates or security updates related information then only talk.

this forum is for to know status from OnePlus and as well as to question OP about updates.

so,don't be behave like this forum is yours ,just shut up.

If you know answers then only talk, Otherwise we don't required your childish replies.

8. Neddard KitKat Apr 16, 2019

Neddard, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Hmm... Sounds like you think you're a self-appointed moderator.

This is a public community forum. Anyone may reply to threads. If you don't like the replies, you're free to ignore them. Pretty simple process, actually.

9. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Apr 16, 2019

camohan, Apr 16, 2019 :
    Android One devices are directly supported by Google. If you really want such regular update I would personally recommend switching over to either Google pixels are mid level android one phones.

10. DenyDarko Honeycomb Apr 16, 2019

DenyDarko, Apr 16, 2019 :
    I think that some members around here are still under the impression that OP devices are value for money like OP One and OnePlus is still a startup.

Guys if you haven't already noticed it, our devices cost more than 500$ nowadays and on that price range, some stuff are expected.

Software support is one of the "stuff".

Just saying.

11. techysandy Cupcake Apr 17, 2019

techysandy, Apr 17, 2019 :
    OnePlus Team, we appreciate all of the great work you provide for us and I love my 6T user experience, although we all love great enhancement updates I believe that over 85%+ of people will simply be satisfied with the Android Monthly security patches. How difficult is it to push these security patches to our phones on a monthly basis or every 2 months which I read was OnePlus standard?

1555475418719.jpg

Many thanks,
    Techysandy

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019

Davide_Russo24 likes this.
  12. nitinjadhav Donut Apr 17, 2019

nitinjadhav, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Lol, Who is talking...!!

enjoy ur free mobile from op and justify wrong things.

13. Neddard KitKat Apr 17, 2019

Neddard, Apr 17, 2019 :
    Free? You are Wrong. Big time.
    I paid for my TMo 6T, on the first day they were available in the US.

14. matt0101 Eclair Apr 17, 2019

15. SasaX Donut Apr 17, 2019

SasaX, Apr 17, 2019 :
    [e]1f618[/e]

16. robin143 Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

17. marlox Honeycomb Apr 17, 2019

18. Rathod Narendra Donut Apr 18, 2019

Rathod Narendra, Apr 18, 2019 :
    when I will get stable software update for my OnePlus 6t we need stable update not beta so please make its possible

Davide_Russo24 likes this.
  19. Rathod Narendra Donut Apr 18, 2019

macemoneta, UsmanP, ericj and 7 others like this.
  20. Kemari.madjid Cupcake Apr 19, 2019

Kemari.madjid, Apr 19, 2019 :
    We have choosing Oneplus for many reasons, one of them : regular software update, it's look the most important one... But it seems that the company turn like other companys who groove lot of money and don't care about their engagement to their consumers :s