Software Update Excitement Thread

1. JuAnCaStRoP
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2019

JuAnCaStRoP , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I wish they would fix the problem with the Bluetooth not working properly with 2 devices. Like inmy car and my headphones. It is connected to one it won't coneect the other unless I disconnect. Like when I am using my headphones and I get on the car it only connects for phone calls and not audio playback. And vise versa. Like it just does not fully connect to 2 devices at once.

2. V1564242744979
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

3. C1546294649569
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

4. Ultraman215
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Ultraman215 , Sep 13, 2019 :
    Does anyone know if OTA updates received automatically download and install without any user intervention?

I have the OnePlus 7 Pro - unlocked and stock .

Earlier this week I received an OTA notification for Oxygen OS version 9.5.13.

Do to the lack of formal communication regarding the update, I elected to ignore it. However, today I noticed it downloaded itself.

I will update this post IF this unauthorized activities continue...

Additionally, I'm curious if I ignore this update, will I receive the next update such as the September Security patch and or Android 10?
    View attachment 1130995

5. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Mikey_1273 , Sep 13, 2019 :
    Ultraman215

Does anyone know if OTA updates received automatically download and install without any user intervention?

I have the OnePlus 7 Pro - unlocked and stock .

Earlier this week I received an OTA notification for Oxygen OS version 9.5.13.

Do to the lack of formal communication regarding the update, I elected to ignore it. However, today I noticed it downloaded itself.

I will update this post IF this unauthorized activities continue...

Additionally, I'm curious if I ignore this update, will I receive the next update such as the September Security patch and or Android 10?
    View attachment 1130995

it doesn't include September security patch or Android10. the download size is way too small for an OS upgrade.

the update does include some stability patches for the device and something for Verizon users. that is shown in the photo that you posted.

Xcutioner likes this.
  6. Ultraman215
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Yes, I am aware of that.

My question is will I still be able to get Android 10 and any Security patch IF I continue to ignore this update.

7. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

that I am not sure of. I would assume you would still be able to get the Android 10 update as this update will likely be included in that software as well. the question is why do you want to completely ignore the current update? I can understand that sometimes people like to wait and see if there are issues with an update and let the earliest adoptors test it out first for a bit. I don't get totally ignoring it because it's not a Google security patch or Android 10.

8. Ultraman215
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

There are concerns associated with the OTA update - Oxygen OS version 9.5.13.

Initially when the update was received, the verbiage on screen appeared unprofessional. It has since been updated.

My concern surrounds supply chain attacks which are a significant threat based on the trust relationship established.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3y48v/what-is-a-supply-chain-attack

The change log is limited and the functionality seems un beneficial for me...

There's currently no official thread open for the update which is odd since it allegedly offers functionality that could expand market share for the OnePlus 7 Pro...

9. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

I pulled the update from the Oxygen updater app which usually has the update as soon as it is released to OTA in the first few regions the update was fine. I do see the point of the article and yes it is odd that there was no post on the forum about it. I do see now that Android 10 is out every post about any software update gets flooded with replies asking "when is my device getting Android 10?" users are impatient to get a stable Android 10 update. maybe it was to avoid that. any how it was a minor update and I really could care less about the Verizon thing, I'm on T-Mobile.

Ultraman215 likes this.
  10. Ultraman215
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Yeah I was thinking that maybe they're trying to avoid the nonsense.... But OnePlus spoiled customers like me with this community and those historical announcements.

If I was with any other device manufacturer, chances are there wouldn't be a communication.

11. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Yes definitely they do more than others. LG [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f4a9[/e]. Motorola they will announce on their site and user forum an upgrade is coming but not when exactly. when we give it to you that's when. Samsung, eh mostly the same.

since OnePlus is getting better exposure and more great reviews I'd bet they are selling more devices to non technically inclined customers who don't quite understand software development and testing needs done. As I understand most of the original OnePlus customers were very technical people and fans of Android. Probably why the frenzy of posts where's my upgrade. so this is my first OnePlus and I'm calmly waiting for 10.

RomulusC likes this.
  12. sarang_borole
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2019

DMenz84 likes this.
  13. somenothingness
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2019

somenothingness , Sep 16, 2019 :
    I'm just waiting on any news for the OnePlus 6t. I can't seem to find any threads talkin about any beta activity. I must be blind. nonetheless the chatter with the 6t seems to have died off since the 7 and 7 pro came out in the 7T and 7T pro are due next month.

in fact there was supposed to be an update for the T-Mobile variant of the 6t but that entire thing never even got off the ground. that was four months ago.

RomulusC likes this.
  14. AmanChadha
    Donut Sep 16, 2019

AmanChadha , Sep 16, 2019 :
    are you guys planning on another stable Android 9 update before Android 10 official update for OnePlus 6?

15. johncd3141
    Froyo Sep 16, 2019

DMenz84 likes this.
  16. U1568580913903
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

U1568580913903 , Sep 16, 2019 :
    i need help... somehow somebody is getting into my oneplus 7 pro.. the entity hides out under the gueat profile .. even when i do a factory reset it is in my settings before the setup of the mater reset is even done ... what can i do

17. Aabrakadabra
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2019

Aabrakadabra , Sep 17, 2019 :
    It's me. You will 've to pay me to get me out of your oneplus 7 pro. I haunt the phones, because that's what I do.

Pay up. But fast. Time is running out.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

18. Xcutioner
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2019

Xcutioner , Sep 18, 2019 :
    The mighty entity needs the sacrifice of 6 new borns and then it'll stop haunting your device.

19. TheBassy
    Froyo Sep 18, 2019

TheBassy , Sep 18, 2019 :
    I came here to say I used the search bar and found this thread, although from many years as an OP user I know the drill.

Thanks some interesting links there about the beta program, appreciate the info.

20. F_Mike_Forklift_Mitas_sY
    Froyo Sep 20, 2019