Software Update Excitement Thread

1. dragonfan
    Froyo Oct 16, 2019

dragonfan , Oct 16, 2019 :
    so OP promises more or less 2 updates per month.....in one and a half months the One Plus 6/6T have gotten one update "to prepare for android 10". This means that if we're lucky will be getting 1 for September and 1 for October, not the promised by OnePlus.

Lupastro82 likes this.
  2. ImSupun
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

ImSupun , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Where is Promised beta updates ,as twice in a month

More Than 40 days passed after last beta update on oneplus 6.
    Still running on august security patch.
    Very Disappointed.

Fayaz5c likes this.
  3. sutanshu
    Gingerbread Oct 16, 2019

Lupastro82 and Fayaz5c like this.
  4. jaygatsby9909
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2019

jaygatsby9909 , via OnePlus 6 Amber Red , Oct 16, 2019 :

dragonfan

"if you want to be on the fast track for software updates join our beta program" right, that has been brilliantly fast for the 6/6T community. what a joke​

clearly OnePlus had gotten too big for it's britches and can't support their older phones in a timely manner and as previously promised. That's partly why I took the alternative route. See my post above.

5. ZerkerEOD
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

ZerkerEOD , Oct 16, 2019 :
    David, I'm confused by your post. You say that we will not get an ETA yet there was already an ETA set for the last beta build that was released which states:

"Here are the latest open beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. This build is meant to prepare your devices for the Android 10 Update which will be released later this month." Copied from main thread.

Which was posted early September, and the statement "Android 10 Update WHICH WILL BE RELEASED LATER THIS MONTH" is in fact an ETA. People are mad because of the inconsistent and untrue information that we keep getting. And no one at OP seems to care or even know what's going on.

OP can't say it will be released soon which would have been a better statement because it's not an ETA, but to say it will be released later this month (September) is an ETA that the community gets excited for just to have OP rip it away with a bad excuse, no information and moderators that delete people's frustrated post about the company but allows post of people being rude to other members in the same thread, then say because it's off topic. The build though was designed to prepare the system for Android 10, so how is asking why it's late is off topic?

AspirinE313, 181994 and sutanshu like this.
  6. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

Kytharsis , Oct 16, 2019 :
    And it was delayed due to QA problems which can happen during development. Even the OP7's build had to be delayed for fixes. What's your point?

sutanshu likes this.
  7. ZerkerEOD
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

my point was written very well that they lie over and over. I didn't even mention the failure of two updates a month as they promised...

sutanshu likes this.
  8. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

They never lied, though. As for the "two updates a month", that will more than likely return once Android 10's bugs get squashed. Just gotta be patient.

9. ZerkerEOD
    Eclair Oct 16, 2019

So saying that the 6 and 6T Will have Android 10 by the end of September then not releasing it due to QA issues, and then as the creater of this post says that no ETA was given out but yet it's still listed in the original thread isn't a lie at all?? None of it?

sutanshu likes this.
  10. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 16, 2019

Dude... this thread was created in February...

11. ZerkerEOD
    Eclair Oct 17, 2019

ZerkerEOD , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Sweet, I didn't see that. But it still doesn't change the fact that an ETA was given and then not met. And to threaten to ban people because the Beta thread designed around preparing for Android 10 has people posting wanting to know when and why is crazy.

12. Pacomdta
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

13. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 17, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Since I'm not a staff... I should just ignore, but I really want to explain this...
    So...
    Point 1 is about general timeline... These are not strict, you can get updates ahead of the suggested timeline or sometimes they can get delayed as well...
    Point 2 is about what all types of OS are there and their timelines... Again, those are flexible and varies as per situation...
    Point 3 is about ETA, now this is kind of commitment thing... People keep asking when android 10 will come for my phone... Here ETA comes into picture, which was shared by @Carl during London launch...
    General timelines are not same as ETAs, you have to understand that... [​IMG]

Kytharsis likes this.
  14. Pacomdta
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

Pacomdta , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 17, 2019 :
    In short, everything is a marketing campaign. if public dates such as the security patches and do not meet one and then is justified. It's what advertising is.

15. GopalB.
    Nougat Oct 17, 2019

GopalB. , Oct 17, 2019 :
    I still can't understand the fixation with security patch that everyone has...
    I know its important, but its not like your phone will get hacked as soon as you miss it for that month... [​IMG]
    Even for security patch team has to check if it can cause any issue of even if its that important...
    They test all these things internally and then updates are released...
    Since security patch follows the same timeline (once in two months) as the regular updates, you have to wait for those...
    And if the device is outside s/w maintenance window (2 years), there is no timelines for those...
    Its not about advertising alone...

16. Pacomdta
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

Pacomdta , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Cosas sin importancia?

https://hoyentec.com/tecnologia/goo...s-errores-de-seguridad-mas-graves-en-android/

17. Pacomdta
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

18. F_Shubham_Rahate_PFeS
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019