Software Update Excitement Thread

1. Katrick
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2020

Katrick , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Seriously OnePlus trajectory is a glimpse of the future to come.
    The only sad thing is I invested in 7t this year
    So will have to settle for atleast 2 yr before moving out of this company and its toxic fanboys who defend the company even with its ridiculous practices.
    Heck look at Samsung and their rollouts.

Nighthawk777 likes this.
  2. Enigmaxregrem
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

Enigmaxregrem , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Dumb dumb

3. Katrick
    Honeycomb Dec 30, 2020

4. Auristic
    Lollipop Dec 30, 2020

5. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Hello Oneplus are you dead.? Are you *******... Kidding me. Still no Android 11 update for Oneplus 7T. You are providing continuously update for Oneplus 8 but forget Oneplus 7T.

6. Auristic
    Lollipop Dec 30, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba and rhyd1am like this.
  7. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 30, 2020 :
    The same old comments each and every year. The only thing that differentiates your post from any in the years before is the device names.

It's better to wait for a decent update than to receive a half baked one, that's been released just to get it out there 🤷‍♂️

Auristic and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  8. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

Yaa this time i read it. It is clearly written you will get update in every 2 months. But the company hasn't released any beta update in this 2 month. So what are we supposed to do. We can just asked " where are ours fuking update you promises". Now tell me is is wrong to asked for update.

9. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

As per the maintenance schedule, there will be 2 years of regular software updates from the release date of the phone (release dates of T variants would be considered), including new features, Android versions, Android security patches and bug fixes and an additional year of Android security patch updates every 2 months.

Didn't get any update?????

10. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

As per the maintenance schedule, there will be 2 years of regular software updates from the release date of the phone (release dates of T variants would be considered), including new features, Android versions, Android security patches and bug fixes and an additional year of Android security patch updates every 2 months.

updates every 2 months.????????....... Yaaa

11. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

It's written in plain English but still I think you'll be able to understand.

Now , do you understand????

12. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

From the 7T update thread (stickied post)

Hi friends,

We know many of you are asking about the next Open Beta build, and we want to address those concerns. As we grow near the release of the OxygenOS 11 release, our focus for the Open Beta software branch has shifted entirely to bringing you the latest flavor of Android. This means the next Open Beta build will be slightly delayed according to our maintenance schedule, but it will already be based on Android 11.

We expect to have exciting news for you in the upcoming weeks, please bear with us a bit longer.

Thank you.

Written quite clearly I thought 🤷‍♂️

Auristic and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  13. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

Yaa , when it came to Oneplus 8 . It is continuously getting update. Shifting branch hasn't affected. When it came to Oneplus 7T , we are shifting branch. Ha ha good answer

14. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Dec 30, 2020 :
    If you think OnePlus is shifting branch , why don't you help OnePlus in coding new software , if you think they're not capable enough.

pablofg1978 and Auristic like this.
  15. D.Sai Suhail Baba

16. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

Yep, I'm afraid that they appear to have shifted their focus a little, to provide you all with Android 11. They really should have continued releasing Android 10 update for you, regardless of how pointless it would be.

As I said, it's the exact same thing every year when the realisation hits people that their device is no longer at the front of the queue for updates. No amount of whining, screaming, crying and moaning will change when you receive the update.

It'll be released for you, when it's ready. Until then just chill!

Enjoy the rest of your day 🙂

17. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

It seems that Oneplus doesn't have capable developer for software coding. I am not thinking it is shifting branch some guy has written they are shifting branch so update has been late. Also let me tell you other company Samsung, Xiaomi, realme, bla, bla .... Company whose phone price is lower than Oneplus 7T has already got Android 11 update. So why won't we expect Android 11 from Oneplus.....

D H V S Sastry likes this.
  18. D.Sai Suhail Baba

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Bcz there UI differs from OnePlus.

rhyd1am likes this.
  19. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.