Software Update Excitement Thread

1. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  2. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Dec 30, 2020 :
    When Samsung changed from TouchWiz to Samsung Experience to One UI , Samsung Devices received software update late bcz apps should be Compatible with New UI and UX.

rhyd1am and Auristic like this.
  3. Auristic
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

Auristic , Dec 30, 2020 :
    And you know damn well the explanation for the delay as written in Post #2 of the beta thread, so you'll get A11 instead of A10: happy!? Still not? Sorry I can't do anything else for your mental health!

https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms

D.Sai Suhail Baba and rhyd1am like this.
  4. Auristic
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

I understand that you're whining like a spoilt child whatever people say...

D.Sai Suhail Baba and rhyd1am like this.
  5. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

djorghios likes this.
  6. Auristic
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

Of course you can't, you've got no idea how IT development goes and what going from A10 to A11 represents in terms of man hours... You'll get you new beta when ready, not before, not after: bear with it.

I can't believe that nowadays a betatester is no more at least a power user.

7. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Yep, Samsung have indeed updated devices to Android 11. Although all the devices that have received the update are ones that released in 2020.

Your 7T did not, it was released in September 2019. So OnePlus is actually no different to Samsung in that regard.

Xiaomi devices are mostly either in the internal testing phase or open betas

Realme are the same, early access at this moment in time.

If you're going to insist on making comparisons then at least make sure you're comparing like for like in terms of when the companies released those devices 🙄

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Auristic like this.
  8. premchandra1993
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2020

premchandra1993 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 30, 2020 :
    You Keep on posting for the delay of update. I click in that link and there is no single answer that will provide the reason behind the delay of update.

djorghios likes this.
  9. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

I posted the reason in plain English a while ago. Here I'll post it again for you.

Hi friends,

We know many of you are asking about the next Open Beta build, and we want to address those concerns. As we grow near the release of the OxygenOS 11 release, our focus for the Open Beta software branch has shifted entirely to bringing you the latest flavor of Android. This means the next Open Beta build will be slightly delayed according to our maintenance schedule, but it will already be based on Android 11.

We expect to have exciting news for you in the upcoming weeks, please bear with us a bit longer.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you don't seem to understand about that statement 🤷‍♂️

10. shehinmuhammed
    Froyo Dec 30, 2020

11. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Dec 30, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Dec 30, 2020 :
    Check again which Samsung phones already got A11 builds... Those aren't limited to 2020 only. Samsung is king in terms of hardware and software 👑. And looking at A11 stable rollout for Asus ZenFone 6 and another Xiaomi related report one should state that OnePlus definitely falls behind. Even Nord sucks not to mention previous year's flagships.

https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-android-11-global-update/amp/ https://piunikaweb.com/2020/12/30/x...roid-11-public-beta-update-for-these-devices/

12. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

I absolutely did check regarding Samsung.

https://9to5google-com.cdn.ampproje...le.com/2020/12/30/samsung-android-11-rollout/

With the exception of the Note 10 and 10+, every phone on that list was released in 2020 🤷‍♂️

Auristic and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  13. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Dec 30, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Dec 30, 2020 :
    This's what you should have said earlier. Don't you agree? And just as a preventive move - you didn't talk about stable or beta release, you said just "update".
    It actually is and pretty much a lot tbh. Not only the stable A11 rollout for Note 10/+ is here, but A11 betas For S10/+/e.

Right at the moment no beta builds for 7/T series spotted.

And moving to Nord, what a lol... Even mid-ranger A51 and budget M31 got A11 betas, both being 2020 devices.

So, once again would you say that "OnePlus is actually no different to Samsung"? 😂🍿🤭

https://piunikaweb.com/2020/12/30/samsung-android-11-one-ui-3-0-update-tracker/

14. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 30, 2020

Yes absolutely you are correct, I should have worded it better. I completely agree with that. As for talking about stable or beta releases, neither of us involved in the conversation specified beta or stable.

Where the betas for 7/T are concerned, that has already been mentioned in the beta update thread.

When all is said and done I guess we're going to just have to agree to disagree on the whole thing. I don't expect any amount of arguing is going to change your opinion, just as I won't change my view 🤷‍♂️

Now time to return to my 🍻

Auristic and D.Sai Suhail Baba like this.
  15. Katrick
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2020

Katrick , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Dec 31, 2020 :
    Yeah cuz fanboys remain fanboys

16. rhyd1am
    KitKat Dec 31, 2020

rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 31, 2020 :
    I'm sure that was intended to be an insult of some kind. However, as I am an adult who is a little beyond that childish nonsense, I'll just let that slide and wish you a great day 👍

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba and Auristic like this.
  17. G_sanju_nm_ju
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2020

18. K1579022882850
    Donut Dec 31, 2020

K1579022882850 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 31, 2020 :
    Eagerly waiting for Android 11 update. But not yet get any info from you ppl about this. Been waiting for it long days. This time too much days to take provide update. Anyway I'm curious to get.!

19. YAJIV4VIJAY
    Gingerbread Dec 31, 2020

D H V S Sastry likes this.
  20. NinOrtiz
    Eclair Dec 31, 2020

NinOrtiz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 31, 2020 :
    AOD..... and.......an image of slightly renewed menus, new notifications, volume control and other small changes that can be easily seen by Google
    I have an op8 with A11 and it is practically the same + AOD, Ok!.... with the difference in processors that is the most worrying thing, if they will achieve the same battery consumption with the same performance as with A10 ... it is very possible (since it normally happens like this) than the battery be worse even within a few versions .....