Software Update Excitement Thread

1. wanderin.turtl
    Honeycomb Dec 31, 2020

wanderin.turtl , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 31, 2020 :
    Better notification management, AOD, new system apps.

2. martinklaus , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 1, 2021 :
    The only thing that you do is waiting for the update? What feature do you need or do need a update for felling better?

Sanyam Mehta likes this.
  3. zhengfu123
    Eclair Jan 1, 2021

4. YAJIV4VIJAY
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2021

YAJIV4VIJAY , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 1, 2021 :
    If u need AOD that badly there are apps which can enable the feature, try them!

5. bez_nazwy
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2021

6. killmonger07
    Cupcake Jan 2, 2021

killmonger07 , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 2, 2021 :
    Hi... After the recent update... In battery stats the battery stats resets after the phone is 100% charged... Earlier it used to reset once the phone goes above 90% and I prefer the previous one ... Is it just my device or anyone else is facing this ....

7. bcharles99
    Gingerbread Jan 2, 2021

8. Jobin Jose
    Donut Jan 3, 2021

9. Alioo7
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2021

10. wanderin.turtl
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2021

11. bplesa
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2021

bplesa , Jan 5, 2021 :
    So, at this point I think I am bad luck for OP.
    I had an OPX couple of years ago. Great device, but the updates stopped after 1 year (all updates). I said then, Never settle for OP again.
    After that I start heading good things about OP updates - on time, old devices getting latest Android OS, etc.
    Got the OP7T - next thing, security updates coming only every 2 months, and already 1 month old.
    New OS update - around the time the 2nd iteration of the Android OS is out. Android 12 we may get it in 2023.
    Forgive me OnePlus for saying that your are not ready to play with big guys out there. your developer department can't cope with more than 2-3 models at the same time. Even Xiaomi have better software department than you (sorry Xiaomi fans)

12. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 5, 2021 :
    I'm guessing you don't read the announcement threads or the update threads then? There's a reason the update had been delayed for 7 series 🤷‍♂️

D.Sai Suhail Baba likes this.
  13. M1572948040753
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

M1572948040753 , Jan 6, 2021 :
    Yes there is a reason but they had over a year to fix those encryption problems.... This is also the reason why we havent a working twrp for oos/h2os on 7t pro

Q1603789178744 and Etiennehbrt like this.
  14. bplesa
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2021

bplesa , Jan 6, 2021 :
    rhyd1am

I'm guessing you don't read the announcement threads or the update threads then? There's a reason the update had been delayed for 7 series 🤷‍♂️

I am just frustrated that I was fooled a second time. I'm remembering now the OPX days when it took them half a year to fix some of the bugs in software and shortly after that they stopped the support for good. Now, that was not a flagship phone, but OP7T is and I was expecting better support.
    In conclusion, yes I read the announcements, but I do not like what I'm reading. It is clear for everybody that OP does not have the resources to support that many devices.
    Edit: if you are so good at reading, maybe you read this also
    https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-one-ui-3-0-stable-android-11/amp/
    just to add insult to injury

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021

15. Lordbeny
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

Lordbeny , Jan 6, 2021 :
    Hello everyone
    I just saw info that Galaxy S10 got updated to A11, Zenfone 6 also got stable A11 so i thought i will add something to discussion :)

I bought my oneplus 7t Pro after note 9 with promise of very fast updates, but instead of that i am getting updates every 2/3 months (only google security updates) and oneplus didnt even start open beta for 7t pro when S10 got stable release today.
    This is my first and probably last OP phone.
    Oneplus is trying to release more models than their software team can handle as it seems. I got this phone because i am sort of "new android version nerd" and its why i sold my note 9 even if it was 100% ok.
    I am aware that A11 is not changing much and after getting it i will forget that i have it in 2 weeks but i want it anyway, its why i bought this phone. Some people have this kind of rush for new cars, new PC, new consoles or girlfriends.
    I want phone to have latest Android in the fastest possible way and OnePlus just lied to me so i will just go find other company which is doing their job better.

(And i also saw posts from Oneplus Ideas developer comments that they dont see a reason to improve their image processing because they need to ask more users to really do it, just come on. You dont see that your flagships are not in line with other companies in terms of photo quality? I am not much of '' shot 1000 photos every day '' person but how you can be so arrogant and dont see that there is many things to improve in terms of camera.)

16. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 6, 2021 :
    If that's the case, surely you should have bought a Pixel phone? 🤷‍♂️

17. Lordbeny
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2021

Lordbeny , Jan 6, 2021 :
    Pixels are too basic and lack some of functions for me, also pixels are not really flagships. Just higher medium phones. Not for me. I am buying 1 device every 2/3 years which i am using day by day for work and everyday usage on holiday etc.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021

hybridxo7 likes this.
  18. hybridxo7
    Donut Jan 7, 2021

19. Auristic
    KitKat Jan 7, 2021