Solution for cellular problems with the T series phones

1. Leon.861
    Froyo Dec 6, 2019

Leon.861 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Hey community,
    just a little backstory of what happend and why I bother to create this thread:
    I've bought myself a brand new 7T Pro the day it came out and got it the day after (amazing shipping :eek:)
    After that, I set it up, loaded my backup from google drive etc. but had cellular problems since day one.
    Everytime I would go out, losing my Wi-Fi connection, my phone wouldn't be able to pick up any cellular connectivity. I found a workaround, just turn on airplane-mode and turn it off after 10 or so seconds. The phone will completely "restart" its entire connectivity chip. After about 1 minute I had a cellular connection every time.
    So here comes the problem: every morning I step into my car and drive off with spotify running and don't care about my phone anymore. So it happend that a couple of times that people were trying to reach me, but obviously couldn't.
    I waited for the first real update, the 10.0.4.HD01BA update. Yep didn't fix the problem.

A couple of days later, I contacted the OnePlus Germany support. Got a direct connection with them via the online chat and got the honor to write with Mr. Willims. I said what was going on, he said that was a common problem, send me a soulution, now after one day, no problems anymore. Long term test comming -

So what was the Solution?
    Mr. Willims said that the correct way to get rid of that problem was to reset the Network settings.

! Just a heads up, THIS WILL DELETE all your saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices !

The way to reset them is:
    - open the Settings App
    - scroll all the way down go into "System"
    - after that open "Reset Options"
    - "Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth"
    - "Reset Settings"

After that, the problem was gone. My theory is that the backup file of my old OnePlus 6 changed something in the backround which wasn't compatible with the 7T Pro.

I hope this thread helped some people and fixed their phone.

:cool:

Attached Files:

Ebojager and tushar.mokal like this.
  2. Ebojager
    Froyo Dec 7, 2019

Ebojager , Dec 7, 2019 :
    That's interesting, I had the same issues on my windows 10 phone and what fixed it for me was having to manually set the providers APN in the SIM settings. Not sure what the equivalent bon Android would be but your way seems easier :)

Leon.861 likes this.