Solution for those facing Messaging Issues

1. syedrhashmi
    Honeycomb Dec 14, 2020

3. TsabSuav
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2020

TsabSuav , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Hello all. New to the OnePlus family just received my first OnePlus 8T yesterday the 18th. Love the phone so far but I'm having issues with texting so I thought I would start here. I came from a Moto Z3 and use Google's message app. Bought the 8T direct from OnePlus and took it to Verizon and the got me a 5g sim card. I can send message but I can not receive them and it seems to be the only issues. When I go into settings on messages it says Google is trying to verify my phone number and just seems stuck there. I followed some of the suggestions here regarding Google carrier service but they have not helped. I even moved the sim from slot 1 to 2 with no change. Yesterday I could not send or receive texts but it seems like today I can send them but not receive them. Thank you for any help.

4. P1601763430648 , via OnePlus Community App , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Thanks. The carrier services didn't work for me. I'll try this solution

5. Mr.pransh
    Honeycomb Dec 20, 2020

6. TsabSuav , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Dec 21, 2020 :
    So following following up on my last post on 12/19/2020 regarding not receiving texts. I found on a different site that I needed to contact tech support and have them turn on CDMA-less provisioning for my phone. I am on Verizon so I can only speak regarding that network but I was on the phone with tech support for about 45 minutes today and when I finally got to their advanced level of tech support the rep knew exactly what I was asking about regarding CDMA-less provisioning and said that was what was needed. He activated it, I restarted the phone and the texts started pouring in. If you are having issues and are in Verizon, this is what fixed it for me. You could probably cut your call time down and just press to get to the top level of their tech support because I was transferred 3 times before the person knew what I was requesting and when I got to that level it took less than 1 minute and it was solved. Hope this helps someone!

Codein_Linctus likes this.
  7. SriKala108
    Cupcake Jan 3, 2021

SriKala108 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 3, 2021 :
    After 2 weeks of no texts!
    Carrier Services didn't do it for me.
    For those verizon users, what I did was..

Then chat with support.

They have you wait for a tech coach.
    When you have a person I had to tell them about adding CDMA-Less to my account. I went there twice and I realized they just don't know about it... So you have to tell them to do it. Once you let them know they'll do it.

My texts started pinging immediately!

Didn't need to call (which I did 3 times)

Enjoy!
    I'm loving this phone. Long time samsung user. Been waiting for this phone to work with verizon. Yippee.