Solution: Recover From Hard Bricked OnePlus One

1. Artemis358
    Donut Jul 7, 2015

Artemis358 , Jul 7, 2015 :
    Hey Man, thanks a lot, could you do me a favor and please tell me the steps to make sure I don't incorrectly flash my device(I will do the fastboot method). Or are there some instructions on the internet(again, so that I don't accidentally flash userdata.img), also where can I find a legit ROM.

2. Artemis358
    Donut Jul 7, 2015

3. MinusData
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2015

MinusData , Jul 12, 2015 :
    i had a bricked phone and the OP said to delete qualcomm drivers. I had the 9008 connected but would not work no matter what i did in the program to repair. My phone had no OS, internal storage, bad kernel im sure, and even no recovery. It would not even light up or show charging screen.

I FORCED THE DRIVER TO QUALCOMM DRIVER in device manager and the program actually detected it and worked perfectly on windows 7 x64 . It said the driver was not for that device and other things but i clicked through them. I was about to part out the phone because i replaced whole front 2 days ago. I was switching through tons of roms for multi touch issues. After going back to cyanogen OS and all OTA updates, not a single issue.

I just wanted to share this because it took me about 10 hours to figure it out. I had to do the opposite of OP and manually force qualcomm driver over the (Forge qdLoader 6008) or whatever it was.

Attached Files:

fairmount likes this.
  4. spicyfoodiesubwayaddict
    Eclair Jul 17, 2015

spicyfoodiesubwayaddict , Jul 17, 2015 :
    Hi @Naman Bhalla it is possible to flash ROM without wiping the data?
    Im in desperate mode to recover my data...while OPO cs kept asking me to flash the ROM without recovering the data. I could still see the files through recovery mode so I do not want it to just be erased without trying.,,

5. championspike
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2015

championspike , Jul 17, 2015 :
    oh yea now i remember how i accidentally hard bricked my phone got the color OS then it went to bootloop or hang in startup screen so intentionally hard bricked it again and in the tool kit changed the coloros with cm and came out lol... it was my first time hard brick on the oneplus one...:D

6. spicyfoodiesubwayaddict
    Eclair Jul 17, 2015

spicyfoodiesubwayaddict , Jul 17, 2015 :
    anyone has any idea where I can find repair/recovery service online? i want to back up my soft bricked phone data and willing to pay if anyone can do it via remote access...

7. mitupatra
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2015

mitupatra , Jul 17, 2015 :
    want to know the recovery software to recover deleted call log for my one plus one mobile

8. chichu_9
    Gingerbread Jul 21, 2015

chichu_9 , Jul 21, 2015 :
    Ok guys, so here is where I am stuck. System has the drivers, I open the MSM tool as admin and it shows the device on com port. When I click on start, it runs the mbn file and then it stops. Any help is greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

9. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2015

hyddro , Jul 23, 2015 :
    Hi please help, i got my phone bricked when trying to flash coloros. I cant get my phone to get recognized no matter what... is listed as Unknown USB device (device descriptor request failed) i keep plugging it out and back in, and nothing... idk what to do...

10. chichu_9
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2015

chichu_9 , Jul 23, 2015 :
    Disconnect your USB cable from the phone, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Then put it in fastboot by pressing volume up and power button together for 10 seconds, connect the USB cable back to the phone again. your phones should be recognised as a qualcomm device.

11. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2015

hyddro , Jul 23, 2015 :
    I dont know what I did but i got it working thansk anyway

12. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2015

hyddro , Jul 23, 2015 :
    run the program as administrator. it works

13. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2015

hyddro , Jul 23, 2015 :
    run as administrator, it works.

14. chichu_9
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2015

chichu_9 , Jul 23, 2015 :
    I am running the program as administrator. It just will not switch to 9006 mode after the first MBN file run.

15. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2015

hyddro , Jul 25, 2015 :
    if you get it pass the 9008 thing, congrats thats the hardest step. What i did after hours of trying to install the driver was inmediately run msm8974 as administrator, select the line that looks diferent and click on start. I didnt even click on Enum...after it was done, the phone wouldnt boot, but it did boot into recovery which allowed me to use the oneplus toolkit to revert to cm11s, now my phone is alive again. tell me if this works for you.. good luck

16. manas.mr
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2015

manas.mr , Jul 26, 2015 :
    Hi guys,
    Today, I got my OPO hard bricked. Have tried the procedure as suggested by
    [​IMG]
    sukanta.hazra, I could instal the driver, and able to find my phone in Msm8974DownloadTool.
    But when I press the "Start" button, there is no progress bar showing, here is the screen shot what I am getting,
    upload_2015-7-26_20-6-19.png upload_2015-7-26_20-6-19.png upload_2015-7-26_20-6-19.png
    Although I have tried so many time, I am finding the same result.
    My OPO was running on 12.0-YNG1TAS213 before it got hard bricked today morning.
    Please help.
    Thanks

17. chichu_9
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2015

chichu_9 , Jul 26, 2015 :
    No Luck man, I am not sure how you realized your phone is in recovery, but for me even after the first step is complete I dont see any anything on my phone. the display is completely blank. Only thing I can do is make the phone connect as the 9008 device. If I push the up volume button it does the same again. But I do not see anything at all on my phone. hope you can share some insights.

18. chichu_9
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2015

chichu_9 , Jul 26, 2015 :

I managed to get my phone to show as sahara many times in the MSM tool. Try these steps it will work.

Disconnect your USB cable from the phone, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Then put it in fastboot by pressing volume up and power button together for 10 seconds, connect the USB cable back to the phone again. your phones should be recognised as a qualcomm device.

manas.mr likes this.
  19. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2015

hyddro , Jul 26, 2015 :
    no, here is the thing... even though the phone seems 100% dead, it is... when you place it on fastboot by holding volume up + power, you are indeed doing so even when the screen doesnt show a thing. Just try the steps as i described, you will never see anything on the phone until you are done with the msm8974 app. By the way, after you are done with the msm8974 app it will probably not boot into colorOS. For me it didnt, but if you fold volume up + power it will boot into fastboot and you will actually see that on your phone.

manas.mr likes this.
  20. hyddro
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2015

hyddro , Jul 26, 2015 :
    btw i meant to say fastboot, not recovery. sorry for the confusion