Solution to PayPal problem?

1. catgarcia
    Cupcake Dec 26, 2014

catgarcia , Dec 26, 2014 :
    I know many people have had problems with PayPal, but it's quite hard to find how they actually solved them. My payment won't go through... I have checked that my addresses are the same in both accounts and PayPal has said it's all good on their side. I don't know what else to do! :(

2. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Dec 26, 2014

3. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Dec 26, 2014

erzengelsachiel , Dec 26, 2014 :
    Have you validated your CC? They charge you $1.95 and a 4 digit PIN is associated with that. You then take that 4 digit PIN and validate your CC. You have to validate your CC with PayPal before you can start using your account for purchases. Have you done this?

SoniaB likes this.
  4. robojesus69
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2014

robojesus69 , Dec 26, 2014 :
    Call PayPal directly. Their customer service number is on their website. I had to do this because they basically blocked the payment due to the high value amount. They will ask you some questions to verify it's you and then they can remove the block. Even if this is not the reason, the customer service rep will be better able to explain why the payment may not going through.

I highly recommend you call PayPal on the phone because they were very friendly and understanding when I told them I couldn't make a payment. The issue was resolved within the 20 minutes I used to call. There was a little bit of hold time, which is why it took a bit of time, but it was well worth the little bit of wait because it was resolved immediately afterwards so I could purchase the OPO before time expired.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014

SoniaB likes this.
  5. SoniaB

SoniaB , Dec 26, 2014 :
    If PayPal have said it's all good on their end, then I don't think that's the problem.

6. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Dec 26, 2014

erzengelsachiel , Dec 26, 2014 :
    Ah true, well, I hope he gets it figured out!

SoniaB likes this.
  7. SoniaB

SoniaB , Dec 26, 2014 :
    If you are US based it could be a simple zip code issue. Don't use the extended version of your zip code.

Example:
    use CA94951 and not CA94951-4535