[Solved/Closed]It's a pity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wired_dreams
    Eclair May 3, 2018

wired_dreams , May 3, 2018 :
    did you confirm if its not due to some app??
    like still rebooting without any apps?

may be due to some memory leakage. either OS or an app

2. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator May 3, 2018

Cervantes , May 3, 2018 :
    Hello
    You can contact the technical service
    https://www.oneplus.com/gr/support

Nezumi_ likes this.
  3. 0rang3
    Donut May 3, 2018

0rang3 , May 3, 2018 :
    i am aware of that but if you want battery life that is one way to go. Youtube can be replaced with newpipe, Gmail can be loaded with other app or just go via browser, other google stuff i am not using. Its temporary solution in case they don't release a fix for that issue.It is not a first phone that have that issue with google services and there are alternatives available for google play store and other google services.

4. do the joj
    Gingerbread May 3, 2018

do the joj , May 3, 2018 :
    Huh odd my battery life runs nearly all day, What spam apps do you use, the freeware apps from google?

5. jonathanlyng
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2018

jonathanlyng , May 3, 2018 :
    his screncapture shows 4 days potentially, so 2 days realistically. using the Google framework and services is known to cause battery life to go south, even when they correct battery draining bugs even when not using their apps.
    this is why lineage and microg combo is popular even when people aren't open source paranoid geeks.

6. do the joj
    Gingerbread May 3, 2018

Ehh no thanks, I constantly use it to make purchases but you could do so of what you have stated lol

7. 0rang3
    Donut May 3, 2018

0rang3 , May 3, 2018 :
    Its just that i used everything i found in this site (some megathreads etc) to try to fix battery drain... well disabling and force closing + disabling internet caused some extra problems... So i decided to try factory reset and remove Google Play store and google services.
    That is what android is about, full customizability. Its not that hard to find alternative apps to replace google apps. Trust me, alot of tech people just go custom rom without Gapps or go with nano to avoid problems and battery draining. Been smartphone user since 2010, reading alot of XDA forums. I didn't want to go custom rom yet, i decided to give original rom a try. IF OPO decides to release official update i'll give it a try too (which is quite unlikely because OP6 is being released). I really hope they do that not abandon older devices immediately like most manufacturers do.
    Nevertheless i prefer long battery life than some kind of buggy GApps or services.

8. do the joj
    Gingerbread May 3, 2018

Though I get you are a great user (I didn't need that much info but thanks). OnePlus and their ROM is a bit tricky to deal with in my experience but we all have our perks with different devices, For example, I can use my camera better than some guy from India lol (the USA my boy) and you have a shitty battery life compared to mine, I believe every device has a flaw unique of their own.

9. AnishKumarS
    Eclair May 3, 2018

AnishKumarS , May 3, 2018 :
    I am having this problem as well. Frequent reboots after the 8.1 update & FFS stop defending them. Seriously...

10. Chirostavros
    Froyo May 3, 2018

Chirostavros , May 3, 2018 :
    I hope admins are watching this thread and do something because seriously it's a pity having issues on a great device like this..

11. Hoots2
    Gingerbread May 4, 2018

Hoots2 , May 4, 2018 :
    Get a iphone 6+, your battery will be at 10% from 100% in 4 hours, + it will take 4.5 hours to charge it to 100%

Artemus. likes this.
  12. Hoots2
    Gingerbread May 4, 2018

Hoots2 , May 4, 2018 :
    IPhone X (10) with max memory (3) gigs, and 256 gig storage is $1300 on the Apple site. Compare the 5t with (8) gigs memory, & 128 storage at $549.00..... Absolutely no comparison. I just quit using the 6+ cuz the battery life is so bad, and performance is awful. Yet people will kill you for an iPhone! Pure madness!! After 4 weeks of using the iPhone 6+, I never hated a phone so bad. Like waking the phone by pushing a mechanical button, so antique technology..... You could buy a Samsung and put up with the Knox security bullsh*t. I have owned them all & this 5t is by far superior.......

Chirostavros likes this.
  13. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 4, 2018

Lancelot_69 , May 4, 2018 :
    Is your phone also rebooting? You can try running your phone in safe mode for a while and see if it reboots. This will eliminate if its an app or not.
    This thread has gone of topic. Give it a try if that fails message me if you like and I can tell you another thing to try after.

Chirostavros likes this.
  14. AnishKumarS
    Eclair May 29, 2018

AnishKumarS , May 29, 2018 :
    Hi thanks for trying to help out. The safe mode method didn't work and after doing the recent OTA update, my phone restarted just now in my pocket. This is frustrating

15. izzykasha
    Lollipop May 29, 2018

izzykasha , May 29, 2018 :
    could be a motherboard failure so best raise a call to oneplus it's still under warranty

16. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 29, 2018

Lancelot_69 , May 29, 2018 :
    I read through the whole thread and it looks like you have done everything. At this point I would contact customer support. Make sure you explain you already factory reset twice already

izzykasha likes this.
  17. Chirostavros
    Froyo May 29, 2018

Chirostavros , May 29, 2018 :
    Guys my problem is solved. I had a remote session with an OnePlus technician which he reflashed my device. Now it works like a charm..

idkwhoiam322 and Lancelot_69 like this.
  18. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator May 29, 2018

Cervantes , May 29, 2018 :
    Problem solved
    thread closed

Last edited: May 29, 2018

Chirostavros and idkwhoiam322 like this.