[Solved] OnePlus 5T Voice Calls Not Working After Upgrade

1. adkaush
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

adkaush , Jul 10, 2020 :
    After updating to Android 10.0.0 on my 5T, voice calls are not working. Each time the other person speaks, I can hear kit-kit-kit-kit sound. The other person can hear my voice just fine. Whatsapp calls are working fine and can communicate without a problem. But regular voice calls are messed up. Can you please roll us all back to Android 9 until you fix the bugs for 10.0.0?

Edited: I have solved this issue on my Oneplus 5T and Oneplus 5 phones by doing a few things:

1. Shutdown the phone.
    2. Remove SIM card(s).
    3. Start the phone without the SIM card(s).
    4. Shutdown the phone again.
    5. Add the SIM card(s) and start the phone.

Also, try to use the loudspeaker and try using a headphone. Even that can somehow resolve the issue.

Please post a reply if any of this helped solving the "voice calls" issue on your phone.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020

2. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 10, 2020

Waveform Modifier , Jul 10, 2020 :
    That's not how any OS work. You can't roll back with OTA updates. You will need to do that yourself and will always require wiping the phone.

Also, something like that is usually the fault of your service provider and not the phone. Especially WhatsApp call works.

3. adkaush
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

adkaush , Jul 10, 2020 :
    I would consider the fault of my service provider if there was anything wrong prior to the update. The problem is happening after the update. Also, I am not the only one facing this issue. There are so many other people complaining the same issue with voice calls. You wish to tell everyone that their service provider is messing it up? Seriously?

4. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Jul 10, 2020

Waveform Modifier , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Why couldn't it happen around the same time? No one here works for OnePlus, so what do you want other users to do about it?

Yes. Seriously, talk to your service provider.

5. adkaush
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2020

adkaush , Jul 11, 2020 :
    LOL .. man you are the enlightened one, aren't you?

Oh well .. I fixed the problem with a few tweaks. Didn't have to call up my service provider. Didn't have to call up Donald Trump either. Thanks for your suggestion though, even if it was not helpful.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

yokumar30 likes this.
  6. Rajib154
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2020

Rajib154 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 11, 2020 :

adkaush

LOL .. man you are the enlightened one, aren't you?

Oh well .. I fixed the problem with a few tweaks. Didn't have to call up my service provider. Didn't have to call up Donald Trump either. Thanks for your suggestion though, even if it was not helpful.​

Hey bro, I'm facing same problem like you after the update... In my case I can hear them but they don't... So, you solved the problem please help me...

7. adkaush
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2020

adkaush , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Here is what I did:

Shut down the phone. Take the SIM card(s) out. Start the phone. Once fully started, shut down again. Add the SIM card(s) again and start.

My second phone (OnePlus 5) got the same problem but the problem on this phone was fixed by just putting the call on loudspeaker. Haven't faced the problem again. So try everything you can ... the first method I mentioned above, try putting on speaker phone and see if it works or try using headphones and then talk to someone and see if you get a two-way communication.

Please try and let me know if it works out for you. By the way, now I am having some other issues .. phone keeps disconnecting from WiFi repeatedly.

Oh man, why did we have to update it in the first place :/

8. Sneha_Verma_
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2020

Rajk0557 likes this.
  9. adkaush
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2020

adkaush , Jul 12, 2020 :
    Sneha, please try the method I posted above and let us know if that worked out for you.

10. X1597861904135
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2020

X1597861904135 , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Same issue. I already tried taking out and in the SIM card. With loud speaker the issue is still there.

11. X1597861904135
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2020

12. chithralaya
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2020

chithralaya , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 27, 2020 :
    I have the same issue..one switch to speaker or Bluetooth it will not go back to the phone...it stays on speaker or Bluetooth. Removed sim and restated. Same issues..