Display [Solved] OnePlus 8 Pro - Over-saturated display during outdoors via OnePlus 8 Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kandilidinesh
    Eclair Oct 25, 2020

kandilidinesh , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 25, 2020 :
    I had recently bought OP 8 Pro, in which I have Green Tint, Black Bar and Image Retention issues on Android 10. After updating to Android 11, when I go outdoors, the display is getting over staturated when the adaptive brightness is enabled. So, are all these issues gonna be resolved or is it a hardware issue ?

Note: Already many threads are there for the first three issues which are Green Tint, Black Bar and Image Retention but this thread is only for the over saturation of the colors at outdoors or a bright environment.

2. Arjun Choudhry
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2020

Best Answer
    Arjun Choudhry , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Then what you are noticing is definitely a change in Gamma. Changing the display calibration definitely makes the display look different and less saturated for me. Perhaps try getting your device checked at a OnePlus service centre

kandilidinesh likes this.
  3. Arjun Choudhry

The display isn't becoming over-saturated. It is just the display gamma changing to ensure better screen legibility under direct sunlight. Samsung S20 series and Oppo Find X2 series also see the same phenomenon

B1603717200347 and kandilidinesh like this.
  4. kandilidinesh
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

kandilidinesh , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 26, 2020 :
    But the display looks bad when this happens. Is there anyway to turn this off without turning off the adaptive brightness ?

5. Arjun Choudhry

There isn't any way to do this. Did you experience the same issue in OOS 10?
    Try changing the display calibration to something a little less saturated like DCIP3 or sRGB

Sheppards and kandilidinesh like this.
  6. kandilidinesh
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

I didn't notice this on Android 10. I tried changing the display calibration when this happens. No use.

7. kandilidinesh
    Eclair Oct 26, 2020

Sure. Thanks for the explanation. 😊

8. Fabio.Mar
    KitKat Assistant Head Moderator Oct 27, 2020

Fabio.Mar , Oct 27, 2020 :
    Hello!

As Arjun suggested, try to contact the Oneplus Support here to investigate further and discover if it could be an hardware issue.
    In the while I will close the thread as answered. thanks to @Arjun Choudhry

9. Fabio.Mar
    KitKat Assistant Head Moderator Oct 27, 2020