[Solved] OnePlus Q1 TV Display issue

1. thetourplanners
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2021

thetourplanners , Feb 19, 2021 :
    Hello Team,

I had purchased the OnePlus Q1 TV on Sep. 29, 2019, from Amazon.

Today we have noticed some dark shade in the center of our OnePlus TV. Then we re-started it and it worked okay for a min. approx. and then again the same dark shades appeared on the screen. We then use the Power Off command to turn off the TV and disconnected the plug and after 10 mins. started it again, the same thing happened, it worked fine for a min. and then again the same dark shade appeared on the screen.

Pl. find the images attached. If someone is familiar with the issue then please help.

@OnePlus Team, please advise what to do next to resolve this issue.

Pl. see the enclosed images for reference.

Waiting for your support and help.

Regards,
    Yash Bansal
    Patiala, Punjab

OnePlus Q1 TV (1).jpeg OnePlus Q1 TV (4).jpeg OnePlus Q1 TV (3).jpeg OnePlus Q1 TV (5).jpeg

2. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2021

Best Answer
    Yash Pratap Singh. , Feb 19, 2021 :
    Hi Yash!
    Looking at the photos, I think that you display has been damaged or a main board capacitor has shorted leading to the dark streak....
    You should place a service request on the OnePlus Care App by the following steps-
    1. Download OnePlus Care app by clicking here
    2. Find Serial number on the box of the TV or in TV Settings and register your TV on the app
    3. Raise a Service/Repair request
    4. A service number will be given and a technician will be assigned
    The rest will be taken care of by the OnePlus Service centre!
    Thanks!
    Hope it helps
    And there's no team here, only users like you and me

Venky61 likes this.
  3. thetourplanners
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2021

Hi Yash,
    as i mentioned in the thread, when i restart the TV it works fine for about a minute then that shaded streak appeared. So, i think there is nothing wrong with the display.

4. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 19, 2021 :
    See, you say that it happens after sometime of turning the TV on...which means that the heating of any part is causing it.
    And we know that it's not a software issue, but its a hardware issue, and the only way to resolve hardware issue is to arrange a service request.
    It may be covered in warranty, but the technician will check and tell you.

5. thetourplanners
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2021

The TV is purchased on Sep. 29, 2019, from Amazon, its more than a year. do you think @OnePlus will still cover it in warranty.

6. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Feb 19, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Feb 19, 2021 :
    I don't think so, but technician will confirm

7. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Feb 20, 2021

Venky61 , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Hey..
    The issue you are facing seems like due to faulty backlight. Only a technician can resolve it. If there was an offer during your purchase for 1 year extended warranty, then you may get it repaired free of cost, if not it would be charged.
    Please follow the procedure shared by @Yash Pratap Singh. for raising a complaint and let us know the updates.

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  8. thetourplanners
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2021

thetourplanners , Mar 3, 2021 :
    Hey,

The issue has been raised with the OnePlus support and the technician did came and checked the TV, but we have not received any update after 23rd Feb. 2021. The OnePlus app is showing that "your request is pending for the want of parts. The service center will update you shortly on availability"

Also, now we have two shaded streaks on the display. This OnePlus is my worst TV purchase ever. Will not be able to trust this brand in the future. very bad service.

Regards,
    Yash Bansal

Attached Files:

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 12, 2021

Venky61 , Mar 12, 2021 :
    Can you share the Reference ID of the complaint?

10. thetourplanners
    Cupcake Mar 15, 2021

Venky61 likes this.
  11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 15, 2021

Venky61 , Mar 15, 2021 :
    Glad to hear that.

12. bharathjain
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

bharathjain , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 27, 2021 :
    1616844205082.jpg

1616844205149.jpg

1616844205201.jpg
    Sir same issue iam facing but none of the oneplus team is responding for this panel replacement.instead they asking me to pay 40K. As there is no faults from outside. I have done mistake that's I purchased tv from oneplus website..now one to help us...I did big mistake purchasing this tv. I purchased on 20-02-20 and problem started on 15-3-20...Now no one is responding.

Attached Files:

13. bharathjain
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

bharathjain , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Can somone help me whom I can contact to replace my tv panel. It's not even 15 days...technician says physical damage but we were out of home when we switched on TV next days. It's started flickering. Very poor response on mail and oneplus hotline always postone for 48 hours.

14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Mar 29, 2021

Venky61 , Mar 29, 2021 :
    Hey..
    Did they visit and check?
    Also to be frank, the placement of your TV looks pretty risky with that snug fit inside that portion. One small wrong tilt and it will hit the sides. So, it would be pretty difficult to convince that it's not physical damage, though you might be saying true. It all depends on the Service person who would be assigned for you, whether he would want to believe or not.

15. bharathjain
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

bharathjain , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Though OnePlus team agent has assured on the phonecall that panel will be replaced under warranty and I will receive mail. I have not yet received mail confirmation. Everytime agent changes on customer care. I am fed of this service from OnePlus and authorised service partner.