OxygenOS [SOLVED] OOS 5 problem downloading apps from play store !

1. pushkaryadav
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

pushkaryadav , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Hi there guys !

I have reverted to stock OOS 5 few days back from AOSPA. Everything was going great but since yesterday I am facing a problem, the issue is that I'm unable to download apps from play store usually.

Google Play Store freezes at "Downloading..." when trying to install an application. Then I get the app installed randomly after some time.

I faced the same issue when I updated to Nougat which was surprisingly solved by uninstalling Truecaller but unfortunately this didn't work this time. :(

Could anyone help me out? May be some settings. Background data restriction or something.

Regards
    Pushkar Yadav

P.S. btw I have already tried using both, WiFi and mobile data. Also, I have Adguard installed but I have already tried disabling that too. Noting worked.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017

2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2017

G_plusone , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Delete data of Google Play store and force stop app and try again.

If not fixed disable the Google play store App from Apps settings and then try again after enabling it

3. pushkaryadav
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

@ G_plusone I had already tried "clearing data" before just forgot to mention but just for the sake of this thread, I tried it again along with disabling (uninstalling play store updates) and enabling it again.
    NEITHER WORKED! :(

UPDATE: Even wiped my cache from recovery, DIDN'T help!

4. gary15
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2017

Have you checked data permissions for the app?
    Background data enabled for the App.

What about Google Play Services?

6. pushkaryadav
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

I don't remember changing permission for any of the Google app but still I'm attaching the screenshots here for you to see.
    I have also attached three other screenshots that in which I was trying to install XDA app. 3 screenshots are three minutes apart with the same message, "Downloading...". As you can see from the screenshot Gps is able to load all the search results and screenshots so my data is working just fine.

I am really hoping to solve it without factor resetting my phone.

Attached Files:

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2017

Did you try clearing data of Google Play Services and Disable both play store and play services.
    Clear Cached data from Storage & memory.

Then restart your phone.

8. pushkaryadav
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

I have cleared the data for both of the apps now but I don't have an option to disable Google play services. It is greyed out.

I have also cleared the cache from settings.

Lemme restart and I'll post back the results.
    @gary15 gary15 if you solve your problem somehow, please do let me know.

UPDATE: NO, still not working @G_plusone . :(

Attached Files:

9. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2017

10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2017

Best Answer

pushkaryadav likes this.
  11. pushkaryadav
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

No, I did not uninstall Adguard but Yes I did try disabling the Adguard VPN. It din't help. Anyhow, I don't think it is due to Adguard as the Gps is able to install the app albeit after waiting for 10-15 minutes.

UPDATE: I uninstalled and restarted the phone and BAM, Gps is working fine now.
    UPDATE 2: After testing Gps without Adguard. I installed the Adguard again and restarted the phone. Gps still working fine.

So, I'm not sure if it was really Adguard but at least I know whom to contact if the same thing happens to me in near-future.
    :D

Thank you @G_plusone

G_plusone likes this.
  12. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2017

:D:D
    Welcome

13. gary15
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

14. gary15
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

gary15 , Dec 29, 2017 :
    no. still not working

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2017

16. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 29, 2017

G_plusone , Dec 29, 2017 :
    A workaround which might work.
    Try Opening Google Play store in a Browser sign in using the Google account in your phone and install the apps from the browser.

Atleast until the next Stable build release

17. pushkaryadav
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

pushkaryadav , Dec 29, 2017 :
    @gary15 I'm not able to see any of your attachments.
    And try to open another thread, I have already marked this thread as SOLVED. A new thread might get you more help. :)

Anyhow, default things to check are
    1. First of all, try clearing all the caches and forcing close the apps and restarting the phone.
    2. Background internet access to Google apps (specifically play services and play store).
    3. Try to uninstall VPN, if any.
    4. You can also safe mode, though I'm not sure if OOS has it. (helps you find out the culprit app/setting)
    5. Factory reset is always there !

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017

G_plusone likes this.