[SOLVED] Received OnePlus 2 and disapointed

1. aneesimran
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

aneesimran , Aug 14, 2015 :
    UPDATE: used the new ota update and now the lag and slow frame rate has gone... the phone feels a lot snappy...loving my oneplus 2

heres the link to the update file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo6D0fzgjKfQ3lJUG8xdUpkREU/view - found it on a thread cant remember who uploaded this update

Today I received the OnePlus 2 from the UK store, after using my physical invite.
    But have to say even though it has a really good camera and hardware features such as fingerprint reader... I am disappointed with software, and it's not that it has less features compared to CM12S.

1.The biggest thing that has been annoying me is that it is no where as smooth compared to OnePlus One like scrolling, browsing, swiping through apps... Like it has slow frame rate compared to my oneplus one side by side some times it drops a lot that you can clearly notice as it looks like lag.

2. Phone keeps freezing and getting black screen with no buttons working and the only way to fix is rebooting.

3. Home button is slow and because it has no sound or tactic feedback/ vibration I sometimes can't tell if I have pressed the home button... The menu and back keys can be used with slight touches as where as home button has to be pressed hardly... And it home button lags and I tend to press twice and thus opening the camera by mistake

4. This has been bugging me a lot... When swiping down from the right hand side opens the the notification bar fully and the toggles and because I have small hands and I'm right handed I can't reach the left hand side and keep opening the toggles section of the notification drawer and I haven't found and option to disable or to swap places to the left hand side...

That's what I have noticed so far... If there's been any improvements I'll update

And I am on latest version of OxygenOS

EDIT: Im uploading the video on youtube... i tried recording the scroll frame issue and it was difficult to tell and i have shown to my friend who has nexus 5 and oneplus one and he has also noticed the frame issue

EDIT 2: i used oneplus one 120fps and as soon as the backlight turns on thats when i pressed the home button

EDIT 3: I have done antutu test with no apps opened and when the device was cool. Then waited until cooled down and done geekbench

Edit 4: another video

EDIT 5: i have went to developer options and and made animation speed 0.75 still no difference. ive noticed that web browsing is where you notice the lagginess and oneplus one side by side is smoother.
    i have opened a ticket and waiting for a reply
    thanks everyone for advice and support

UPDATE: I called oneplus support after getting annoyed that they didn't reply to my ticket. They have told me that its a software bug on some devices and they have a new update which should be rolling out today or tomorrow and contains many big fixes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015

2. Knicks7
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

3. Machiavelli17
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

4. Nevil Patel
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

ramli7 and veratoloz2005 like this.
  5. notsimar
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

armmani2001 likes this.
  6. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

Jamesst20 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Maybe you should try clean reinstalling OxygenOS

Kage, amitnirmal89 and pbergonzi like this.
  7. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 14, 2015

SoniaB , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I haven't tried the fingerprint scanner yet, but I have had none of those issues

8. Renegron
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

Serbian Overlord, 2957 and pbergonzi like this.
  9. jultjeboy
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015

10. SoniaB

SoniaB , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Did you make changes in your settings? When I press the home button I get a faint vibration.

11. somnathmukher
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

somnathmukher , Aug 14, 2015 :
    even in some reviews I have seen the home button sometimes did not register the touch and needed to be pressed twice. Software issues can be sorted out so next update might fix them.

12. bastavp
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

13. SoniaB

SoniaB , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Why would you doubt him?

14. vici0us
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2015

15. Drlipton
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

Drlipton , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I'm not sure if this is a faulty device. I think this is the state that the OPT current is in.
    I hope they'll fix all these issue and I hope that we will be able to easily flash CM12.1 on the device.

16. coyotus
    Froyo Aug 14, 2015

coyotus , Aug 14, 2015 :
    hope it's not a problem on all phones and that yours will be get fixed soon

17. vijaywidluv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2015

vijaywidluv , Aug 14, 2015 :
    download the latest update and see how it performs
    if the issues remain same,try contacting support staff
    good luck

18. Steved520
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

Steved520 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Lots of haters out there and phone is scarce not out of line asking someone to prove they have it

19. jultjeboy
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

jultjeboy , Aug 14, 2015 :
    These problems are very very bad if its on a new phone.

20. aneesimran
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

aneesimran , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Haven't tried yet, just got it this morning